The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TFA Trailer 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> TFA Trailer 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirkCorman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DLC for the new Battlefront game is the Battle of Jakku, the planet from the trailer..

It takes place a year after Endor, when the New Republic battles the Empire on Jakku in the Outer Rim.

So perhaps the Empire wins, and changes into The First Order, and the Republic becomes the Resistance.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the trailer's purpose was to make me more excited about something I was already looking forward to, mission accomplished. Some stand-out things for me... Seeing Vader's melty helmet did unfortunately give me a brief pang as I flashbacked to Kyp Durron, but I trust that this sequel trilogy will be better than a Kevin Anderson trilogy... "My sister has it..." with a lightsaber being handed to who may be Leia gave me goosebumps... The young heroes running from an explosion.. Close-ups of our young female protagonist... Said female protagonist reaching out her hand to the male 'stormtrooper' protagonist on the ground... The Falcon being chased by a TIE fighter through capital ship wreckage!... Han and Chewie! Yeees!!! The trailer brought tears to my eyes and a strange sort of sobbing laughter I can't say for sure I have ever experienced.

But it's only a trailer. Yes, the movie could be awesome. The movie as a whole could just be ok or meh. Or it could suck. No one will know until they see the entire completed film in December.

And this criticism of vague tidbits about the post-RotJ canon is premature. First Order? Resistance? At this point, who cares? Whether those names end up being fitting designations for what they represent in the film can't be known until you see them in the context of the canon material. TFA takes place about 30 years after RotJ. In a galaxy at war, a lot could happen in 30 years! We may get a bit more substantial information in the Aftermath novel, but maybe we won't because it still early in the post-RotJ timeline.

Pessimism and early criticism of out-of-context tidbits may ultimately lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy of dissatisfaction with the films.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree Whill, for me the Teasers are just building me back up to that great feeling I had sitting in the theater on opening night for TPM. I had chills that night as the screen faded black and the crawl began.

New Star Wars, on the big screen, when we though it could be over forever. I cant wait to see if I get those same chills at 40!

Epic success or tragic suckfest, I won't let any speculation or leaks take the chance of those chills away. I'll wait for the DVD to MST3K the hell out of all its flaws ( however many there may be).

I just realized, this means we may get more Robot Chicken Star Wars! Yeaaa!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
TFA takes place about 30 years after RotJ. In a galaxy at war, a lot could happen in 30 years! We may get a bit more substantial information in the Aftermath novel, but maybe we won't because it still early in the post-RotJ timeline.

Don't take your eyes off the Balkans for 30 years.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, I love what they are doing with some of the lightsaber effects, gives me lots of campaign ideas. Take a look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgSylgBFi-I
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite part of the trailer was seeing Anakins lightsaber again, it brought a tear to my to see the first lightsaber ever shown in the movies to come back.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the Falcon flying into a star destroyer engine to avoid a tie fighter.
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of trailers, has anyone seen the season two trailer for rebels, I have and it doesn't look to promiseing.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do with a few less TCW characters (they already HAD their own show! Wink ), but I thought it looked fantastic. While sad to see EU continuity (unspurisingly) rewritten with the timeline of A-wings and B-wings, it was awesome to see them, as well as AT-ATs (which will, presumably, be their introduction)... I am very much looking forward to it.

Hard core OT, all the way!
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is hope that the a-wings are rz-1 spearheads but I have to agree on the characters. The creators are pandering to those who miss the clone wars. What was once great about Star Wars is that it takes place in a huge Galaxy over hundreds of thousands of years. By bringing back the same characters from the clone wars show, it just feels like the Galaxy is shrinking and less creavity is going into it, but that's my opinion.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Rebels / Rogue One Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A

I thought the Rebels trailer looked great for what it is to me... a kid show I don't take seriously. As long as it doesn't affect the unreleased live action films, I don't really care what they do. Speaking of which...

http://epicstream.com/news/Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Will-Take-Place-Before-The-Original-Trilogy-Synopsis-Revealed

Quote:
"A rogue band of resistance fighters unite for a mission to steal the Death Star plans and bring a new hope to the galaxy." <Director Gareth> Edwards confirmed that it takes place after Episode III, before Episode IV, and closer to Episode IV.

Rogue One sounds awesome! A gritty Star Wars film with no Jedi, culminating in "Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire." What I found disturbing was some of the fan reaction I read where Rebels fans are either upset because they assumed that the Lothal Rebels are the ones who will steal the Death Star fans at the end of the TV series so are now worried that they won't be, or elated because they think this means the Rebels animated TV characters will make the leap to live action for the Rogue One film. I pray the Rebels TV show has absolutely nothing to do with anything the live action film addresses. There being no Jedi in the film would seem to exclude Kanan, Ezra and Fulcrum, so I hope these Rebels fans have all just been leaping to false conclusions.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope the rebels characters will not jump to the silver screen. In my mind the winny Erza and the circus freak mandolorian would kill the tone, I mean come, just give her a jet pack. The only one I could see who could be in a movie is Hera, which would also be a good change of pace to have an alien lead other than chewie. I just feel that the writers are just pandering to the fans of the clone wars instead of making something new or creating new characters. I can see this becoming just a add on to the clone wars or clone wars part 2
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, Rogue One is supposed to be of the "war movie" genre. One of the conflicts hat they're facing is that it's very much a matter of human spirit among regular soldiers. There's no "Jedi superheroes" to help save the day. And that lack of ability is felt (or perhaps begrudged) in the film.
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true war movie of Star Wars will be a welcome change from the badly written prequels. I just hope rouge one is written well and they have some good setting in mind. One thing I hope disney does is more large fleet battles since there have only been two really in the movies.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. Makes a difference from all the versions we already have for who 'stole' the death star plans!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: