The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main Villain Ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Main Villain Ideas Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xzil Maru
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Gry's got a great idea there.

Though a villain is usually only as good as his motivation. What exactly do you expect the game to be about?

The reason I suggested a Columi or a B'omarr (oops looks like a misspelled both of them) is that both are aliens who are essentially helpless. The Columi are a normally peaceful race that appear much like Grey Aliens, they have a huge head and have biological radios which they use to control vast numbers of droid servants which serve their every need. http://www.moseisley.com/swenc/encyc-c.htm

The B'omarr "Their existence is more whispers and mysticism than concrete fact. One thing that is known about the B'omarr is that, when they reach a certain level of spiritual awareness, they have their brains surgically removed from their bodies and placed in a nutrient suspension. The reason behind this ritual stems from their belief that they no longer need their physical bodies to continue their devotion. (DS, TJP)"

As for motivations you could fall back on the old ubermensch might makes right policy. Then have the villain/antagonist be a particularly willful righteous character that feels obligated to sacrifice everything for a cause including breaking the law. Then you could have various ramifications that follow his actions, and as peacekeepers your Jedi characters could be drawn into conflict.

Even better is if his cause is truely noble, but his methods are particularly ruthless.

Hmm. Perhaps a robin hood like Space Pirate who tries to feed the poor, or perhaps he's trying to Free Slaves, which causes problems in the systems that depend on slavery for their economy and they petition the Republic for a mediator. They of course want a return to the status quo, and here you have this rogue force user, or bounty hunter who is striking against all these Crimelords and Nobles who are running a slave trade through this backwater system.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a possibility, Gry. I was wondering how to involve the characters with the villain's designs. Thanks for the idea.

Perhaps the characters are sent by the Jedi council to bust a drug route, a major ingress for synthetic adrenaline (street name: The Rodian Whip, as in "he's under the Rodian Whip") to the villain's planet. This might make for quite a vendetta to avenge on the part of the villain; perhaps even one against the Jedi and the Republic--motivation enough to wreak a lot of havoc. Just to salt the dish, we could indeed kill off a friend or relative in the conflict (or as a result of severe Whip dependence...a death unintentionally caused by the drug bust).
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columi

Doesn't really lok like the so called "Greys" to me.

Wanted Poster
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are neat little buggers. Even though I don't think I want to make one of them a main villain, I will definitely include them in some fashion. What an interesting idea.

Do you think that they should be able to command unwilling machinery? I.e., one of the PCs' droids? I understand communication between the Columi and a machine, but full command of machinery not programmed to do their bidding...

This could be an excellent adventure idea.
Xzil Maru
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
Do you think that they should be able to command unwilling machinery? I.e., one of the PCs' droids? I understand communication between the Columi and a machine, but full command of machinery not programmed to do their bidding...

This could be an excellent adventure idea.

Well not unless they had a device to do it or that strange Sith power*. As statted they communicate through a biological radio that is recieved by a special device in their droids which have no other way of being ordered around as I understand it.

As for it looking like a Grey, its got a huge head, tiny arms and legs, and two big black eyes. It looks like a Grey to me, 'course I've never seen a real one... Laughing

*see Tales of the Jedi Companion (IMHO it doesn't fit the Force very well but use it if you want).
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try checking Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races for much more on the Columi. There's two full pages and about an eighth of a third on them in there. Appearance, biology, temperament, culture, history, their politics, their tech level, stats, etc.

Wanted Poster
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and if you really decide on having a Columi as your main villain, I don't think you should use that image above to introduce him to your group. My group would never show any respect for something that looked quite so, uh, goofy?

I really suggest you use this amazing drawing by Reverend Strone over at SWAG:

http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=71&screen=0&action=search&keyword=columi&date=&type=search
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, guys Smile

I've got a good idea, I think. Let's say for a moment that the heavily "altered" Jedi I was talking about happened to have accidentally downloaded a Columi computer virus that effectively enslaves whatever computer it infects. Perhaps this virus could take control of all of the Jedi's mind through its extensive infection of his electronic sensory and motor enhancers. That way I could keep the Jedi (let's ditch the whole force ghost idea for now) AND have a mastermind behind the scenes controlling him and manipulating the PCs.

Perhaps a rogue Columi wishes to determine the coding needed to modify an organic brain, and the perfect subjects are a few young Jedi. Or, perhaps, the Columi is bitter because it is not force sensitive and wants to live the life of a Jedi vicariously.

What do you think of that?
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good! I think there is a character in the D20 Coruscant and the Core Worlds that this reminds me of. His name was Archa Sabis.

"He lost his status as a social player when a nonlethal form of Knowt's disease claimed his right arm, his torso, and half his face. Cyborg parts replaced the obvious losses, and a computer interface band was also required to supplement the damaged parts of his brain. By the time the heros encounter him, a computer virus has infected his brain and driven him throughly insane."

I just thought I'd throw this in here in case in offers any inspiration. Smile
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

I don't think I'm going to make the guy insane...just receptive to radio commands from the Columi who found him out. Smile
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if that's what I'm going to be doing with this, I think I need to flesh out the Columi a little better, since the drug bust idea doesn't seem to fit much anymore.

Any ideas on why a Columi might have left Columus? Perhaps he or she is the developer of this virus that renders electronic interfaces receptive to their radio commands...went out to do some field tests...had too much fun screwing with the puny little humans and other aliens...decided to go on a crime spree? Eh, maybe not.

Perhaps the Columi are plotting some nefarious deed against the Republic and are making a concerted effort to inundate the various electronic networks of the galaxy with this virus. Perhaps this could even be a military effort.

Any ideas would be appreciated! Smile
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it could have something to do with trade. Columi do import droids and other goods and materials to their planet from all over the galaxy, though their own goods are of little intrest to the rest of the galaxy and only a few of their products actually appear to be in demand with the rest of the galaxy. I mean, if your producing maybe twenty different items for sale and only one of these items is selling more than a unit or two a month, then most of your goods aren't what the public wants. Your character could have originally set out to open up trade with a world that would be intrested in all of their products. Or maybe he/she set out to create a market for Columi goods in the galaxy at large by making it virtually immpossible for anyone to produce non-Columi goods unless the Columi allowed it.

Wanted Poster
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Jakka bé Tobh (joc-uh bae tobe)
Type: Vagrant Jedi
Homeworld (sector)/Species: Caroa III (Tion Hegemony)/presumed Human
DEXTERITY 4D+1
Blaster 5D, blaster artillery 4D+2, brawling parry 6D+1, dodge 6D, dodge: energy weapons: 6D+2, grenade 5D+1, lightsaber 6D+2, lightsaber: dual lightsabers 8D+1, running 5D+1, vehicle blasters 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D+1
Alien species 4D, bureaucracy 3D+2, bureaucracy: Galactic Senate 4D+1, bureaucracy: Jedi order 5D+1, business: narcotics 5D+1, cultures 4D, cultures: Coruscant undercity 5D+1, intimidation 4D+2, languages 3D+2, languages: Caroan 6D+2, law enforcement 4D, planetary systems 3D+2, planetary systems: Caroa 4D+2, scholar 4D, scholar: cybernetics 6D, scholar: human physiology 6D+1, scholar: neuroscience 5D, scholar: pharmaceuticals 4D+2, streetwise 4D, streetwise: drug dealers 4D+2, survival 3D+2, value: biotechnology 4D, willpower 5D+2
MECHANICAL 2D+1
Astrogation 3D+1, powersuit operation 6D, sensors 4D, space transports 3D+1
PERCEPTION 3D
Bargain: narcotics 5D+1, con 3D+2, hide 4D+1 investigation 4D, search 3D+2, sneak 3D+1
STRENGTH 3D+2
Brawling 4D+1, lifting 5D+2, stamina 4D+1
TECHNICAL 3D
Biotechnology repair 5D+1, computer programming/repair 5D+1, computer programming/repair: bio computer 6D, cybernetic implant programming/repair 7D+2, demolitions 3D+2, droid programming 3D+1, droid repair 4D+2, first aid 4D+1, first aid: humans 5D, security 4D+1, space transports repair 3D+2
Special abilities:
Force Skills: Control 7D+2, sense 8D, alter 6D+1
Force Powers:

This character is Force-sensitive.
Force Points: 12
Dark Side Points: 2
Character Points: 16
Move: 15
Equipment: Numerous cybernetic and biological upgrades derived from both electronics and alien flesh (see below), two lightsabers (green, 5D), reserve supplies of various stimulants, anti-rejection drugs, and immune system boosters.

Capsule: Jakka bé Tobh was born on the arid third moon of Caroa, a white gas giant in a large star system of the same name at the outer edge of the Tion Hegemony. His mother and father were both equipment programmers for Corellian Standard Ores, the mining company that had established the small colony on the moon several decades before in order to gain access to the rich iron deposits of the nearby planet Megrot. At the time of Jakka’s birth, nearly all of the 100,000 who lived in the colony worked in or around the mines that snaked endlessly through the core of the smaller planet.

The Caroa colony’s secluded location and lack of incoming traffic made it a perfect location for CSO to truly abuse their loyal and expendable workforce. Miners were underpaid and tremendously overworked, but due to its veritable invisibility within the Republic, this exploitation went entirely unnoticed. After a political scandal exposed CSO’s treatment of their colony workers on another remote world, however, the ensuing investigation revealed the existence of Caroa and other such labor colonies. Jedi were dispatched to visit each of these colonies personally, to pledge the protection of the Republic and to assess the crimes of CSO.

It was on his first visit to Caroa that the devaronian Jedi knight Zellon Nai discovered the young Jakka bé Tobh. He immediately sensed the substantial force potential in the young boy and obtained his parents’ permission to bring him before the Jedi council to assess his future. Jakka was brought to Coruscant and soon began his tutelage as Zellon’s new apprentice.

The young man turned out to be an exceptional scholar as well as an equally impressive student of the force. Like his master before him, Jakka grew to be a compassionate and pensive Jedi, his keen and discerning intellect at the core of his personality.

However, as is the way of things, emotions soon got between Jakka and his master. While tracking a criminal out in the fringe, the two Jedi stumbled across a young slave woman who had escaped and was attempting to hide from a pair of Elom bounty hunters. The tracking of the criminal necessitated secrecy, and the two Jedi soon found themselves seeking the young woman’s guidance through the underworld of Nar Shaddaa, an environment which she knew well. Soon, however, both Jedi developed affectionate feelings toward her and began to furtively vie with one another for her attentions. After Zellon slew the two bounty hunters, however, the woman pledged her life, as well as her love, to him.

Jakka, however, was convinced that his master had intentionally deceived him by withholding the fact that he had known where to find the bounty hunters. He became embittered and angry, certain that Zellon had deliberately denied him his chance to win the young slave girl’s heart. Jakka attacked his master as he lay sleeping with the young woman and managed to defeat him, but the elder Jedi damaged large portions of his apprentice’s brain in the contest. Jakka was found half dead in the sewers of Nar Shaddaa, clutching both his and his mater’s cold lightsabers.

The parts of Jakka’s brain that had been injured in the fight were painstakingly replaced with custom-made cybernetic implants, but though the young man survived, the wounds he had dealt to his own personality would never fully heal. Guilt overcame him and he abandoned the Jedi order in shame.

For the next few years, Jakka lived in seclusion. Not much is known about the time he spent as a recluse in the backwaters of the galaxy, but what is known is that he developed an addiction to synthetic adrenaline and a fascination with cybernetics and tissue transplantation during his travels. What little was left of the Jedi knight Jakka bé Tobh before his disappearance was gradually replaced with odds and ends of both mechanical and organic origin. He even exchanged his own heart for an electric pump, a device that could more easily monitor and control the massive levels of anti-rejection drugs that he grew to need.

His body was not the only aspect of his person to receive modification, however. His brain also received extensive augmentation, but with the addition of each new electro-neural device, the young Jedi became increasingly unstable.

It was when he was upgrading the software of one of these brain implants that he inadvertently contracted a computer virus that rendered him receptive to the radio waves generated by the diminutive gray aliens of Columus. He soon fell under the influence of the author of the virus, a vicious Columi slicer-turned-outlaw by the name of Thūt Mosé.

Mosé was fascinated by his new servant’s ability to touch the force, something that the Columi were seldom attuned to. Through Jakka, he could control the force himself, experiencing its energy vicariously through the broken Jedi. Mosé soon began to use Jakka to sabotage his competitors and to “alleviate his liabilities”.

Presently, Jakka is under the full control of Thūt Mosé, though the massive overhauling of his mind and body require him to rest for several days at a time in near-hibernation. During these periods, gigantic doses of anti-rejection drugs (as well as grams upon grams of the Rodian whip) are administered, to keep his body and his sanity from utterly crumbling.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments, questions, clarifications, suggestions?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that you added a pronunciation guide. But I do have a question concerning Thūt Mosé. Was his named
Ancient Egyptian inspired? Cause reading it I tend to think of Pharoh Thutmose III.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: