The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Has anyone done a Flight Squadron for your own game???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Has anyone done a Flight Squadron for your own game???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Has anyone done a Flight Squadron for your own game??? Reply with quote

I always like to pepper in other peoples characters as NPCs and in looking at my list for the current game I realized that the Fleet battleship doesn't have a fighter crew...

So I am looking for a starfighter squadron to drop onto the Battleship Kurosawa for my current game...Anyone got some characters I can name drop?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone done a Flight Squadron for your own game??? Reply with quote

Bobmalooga wrote:
I always like to pepper in other peoples characters as NPCs and in looking at my list for the current game I realized that the Fleet battleship doesn't have a fighter crew...

So I am looking for a starfighter squadron to drop onto the Battleship Kurosawa for my current game...Anyone got some characters I can name drop?

Collen Brander and Styles Silverman were human childhood best friends on the backwater rim planet Hixxon who each grew up to be Rebel starfighter pilots (with the Brash Pilot template) in divergent parallel universes. In both universes, Collen Brander's family owned an urban repulsorlift dealership, and Styles' family were farmers. After high school, Collen Brander was sponsored for the Imperial academy by his uncle he idolized, a Clone Wars veteran and former Imperial captain of a Victory-class Star Destroyer. The friends went their separate ways when Collen went to the academy to become a TIE pilot, and Styles joined a smuggler crew. Collen graduated soon after Alderaan's destruction.

In my first campaign universe, Collen's uncle had been retired for a few years before Alderaan was destroyed, when he realized the Empire's evil. He went to his Collen's graduation ceremony and convinced his nephew to go AWOL to join the Alliance where they both eventually became Rebel heroes. In this universe, Collen's friend Styles never made it to the Rebellion but joined a rival rebel organization secretly controlled by a Dark Sider, where he ended up being killed by one of Collen's former Alliance teammates. Styles' body was later reanimated by the Dark Sider and confronted Collen as a zombie. Collen was forced to destroy the body of his friend.

In my second WEG campaign universe, Collen's uncle never retired from Imperial service, instead promoting up to become a captain of an Imperial Star Destroyer by the time Alderaan was destroyed. This time it was Styles who showed up at Collen's graduation and tried to talk him into leaving the service of the Empire, but he was unsuccessful. It was only out of their former friendship that Collen didn't report Styles to the authorities. Styles and his smuggler captain later joined the Alliance, and Styles later killed Collen in fighter combat.

There were two other universes where Collen and his uncle likewise remained in Imperial service, a universe where Collen was born a couple decades earlier and fought in the Clone Wars, and yet another universe where Collen died as a teenager from injuries received in a landspeeder crash after Styles couldn't get him medical attention in time. Not that you wanted any of their life stories!

But it's your game, and I think it would be awesome if there was a universe out there somewhere where Collen and Styles both made it into the Alliance and served together in a starfighter squadron, even if they are just name dropped background characters! They should at least be an element wingpair with Collen as the leader and Styles as the wingmate. There are both young and brash, but Styles was always a bit more practical and conservative, just in case they have any radio dialogue. Thanks for asking!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will be named, I put them in with bantha squadron as Y-Wing pilots..., thanks for the input
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im actually working on a boarding party that is attached to an elite rebel flight squadron called Halo squadron. Halo squadron is made up of 7 ace pilots who primarily operate specially modified A-Wings and X-Wings, though they can generally work with any combination of fighters in the Rebel fleet.

The boarding party accompanies Halo squadron in a transport and is trained to board and commandeer hostile space craft. The have also been known to attack capitol ships for the purpose of disrupting operations or neutralizing a certain section of the ship's defenses so that Halo squadron can make safe passage rigjt under the enemy's nose (for example, disabling/destroying the power source(s) to a ship's port side weappns batteries as Halo buzzes by and attack its objective unimpeded).

Ill post up stats eventually, but there's an idea just to give you something to work with if you like it.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a wannabe pilot you can see vapor.

I was also thinking of making the char as already trained.

Depending on the campaign.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My very first character was Rand LaCree, a brash pilot who was operating in a unit quite like Wraith Squadron, but YEARS before the Wraiths were ever written about. They operated with a lot of autonomy, and amassed a small fleet of their own. The unit acquired a large modified freighter which served as their mobile base, and from which they could launch their fighters.

Rand started out Force-sensitive; he had always had this inexplicable sense of something...more to life. He had occasional premonitions; he had quick reflexes...traits that would have, in an earlier age, been identified as "Jedi" traits. After the group was run through the "Battle for Golden Sun" module, Rand found himself more...focused. He found his senses greatly expanded, and after consulting with other members of his unit, he discovered that he'd become stronger in the Force.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: