The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Favorite EU Character
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Favorite EU Character Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your favorite EU character?
Corran Horn
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Admiral Daala
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kyle Katarn
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Mara Jade
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Grand Admiral Thrawn
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
One of the Solo brats
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Kyp Durron
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Exar Kun
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Talon Karrde
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Lumiya
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Favorite EU Character Reply with quote

Who is your favorite EU character? I've put a few of the more common ones in this poll, but if yours isn't here feel free to post it.
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say Mara Jade, anyone who can go from stone cold killer to Jedi Master has my vote. Kyp would come in a close second.

I deal with temptation by giving in...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it was a tough call between Corran Horn and Thrawn. I love the whole Corran story arch, from CorSec to Rogue to Jedi, and all that jazz. Plus he feels very human and gets the best stories. But then Thrawn is just the most kick-a$$ villain since Vader, with a marvelous twist to his evilness in that he's very objective, and even likable at times.

But I had to go with Corran...
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Master Ulic Qel-Droma, who sadly did not get listed. And yes, I did say he was a Jedi Master. When he dies at the end of Redemption he fades away and Nomi Sunrider makes the comment that only a Jedi Master could do so. Despite having been stripped of his ability to touch the Force, Ulic still managed to become a Master. And he redeemed not only himself after his fall to the dark side, but also helped Sylvar to find redemption before she herself fell completely to it, a path she was very much on. Plus he trained young Vima Sunrider to be a Jedi despite not wanting to do so initially. In the end, Vima had the best line concerning Ulic as both a Jedi and a Jedi Master. "Ulic may not have been able to touch the Force, but he understood it more than any of us... He had the heart of a Jedi..."

Wanted Poster
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talon Karrde. If nothing else, for the way he names his ships.

Uwanna Buyer? Hee.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
For me it was a tough call between Corran Horn and Thrawn. I love the whole Corran story arch, from CorSec to Rogue to Jedi, and all that jazz.

This is exactly the reason I don't like Corran Horn. I feel like he is Mr. I can do everything be almost the best at it. He doesn't seem like a realistic character to me. I have some friends who like him but something about him turns me off. To be fair most of my opinion comes from the first three NJO books.

Kyp Durron....If I lived in the SW Universe he would make me anti-Jedi. First he goes DS and wipes out a solar system in JA trilogy and then arrogantly patrols the galaxy doing whatever he wants in the beginning of NJO? I am only on book 6 of NJO and I hear he gets alot better later on? I'm looking forward to it.

Grand Admiral Thrawn has to be my favorite character. He doesn't need massive super weapons or the Force. His intelligence and charisma were his strongest weapons. Vader and many other Imperials ruled by fear, however, Thrawn was one of the first true leaders we saw in the Empire. He was not evil, just on the Imperial side. I am curious to see what kind of Empire he would have created if he beat the New Republic. Being an alien, the racism would be diminished. Perhaps we would have a government without all the negative aspects of the Rebellion Era Empire.
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think like Gry, Corran first but Thrawn closing in very close right behind! The only think that disapointed me with thrawn has been the way he diesbut then it kind of show that he made only one mistake... and that killed him!
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obidancer wrote:
Well i think like Gry, Corran first but Thrawn closing in very close right behind! The only think that disapointed me with thrawn has been the way he diesbut then it kind of show that he made only one mistake... and that killed him!

Bah, he didn't make any mistakes. I suppose if you think about it, though, he was the one who sent the Noghri strike team to Kashyyyk, where they recognized "The Lady Vader".
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MA-3PO wrote:
Quote:
I am only on book 6 of NJO and I hear he gets alot better later on? I'm looking forward to it.

Oh man, I just finished NJO, your in for some great twists and turns, just try to keep up with it, it completely rocks.

I deal with temptation by giving in...
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obidancer wrote:

Yes, what Thrawn was best at was understanding the psychology of people and races and being able to predict their tactics from it. Why did he trust the Nogri so much? Who knows... In one way I think maybe Zahn had created a near impossible to kill monster and at the end of the Thrawn Trilogy he was stuck thinking, "Man, how do I kill this guy?"
EmpernizzlePalpanizzle
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrawns my fav. he makes me all giggly with power.
Xzil Maru
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough choice between Thrawn and Karde. On the one hand Thrawn is just a cunning genius, on the other Karde is a well developed likable rogue, with a sense of humor.

I had to flip a coin on that one, came out with Talon.
Galahad_Skywalker
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mara Jade...she has such a clouded past, and yet has so much inner conflict, which is rare in a character with a mysterious background. Plus, I have a weakness for redheads... Smile
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talon Karrde for me, since my bounty hunter wound up working as one of Karrde's men...and had a nice love/hate relationship with Mara Jade.

Frankly, I was looking forward to her and Skywalker falling in love in our game so I could snap and go full on evil (I was rehabilitating my "murder for hire" ways, and was training to be a Jedi).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lord Ben
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to go with Ken Palpatine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: