The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Command 54mm rpg minis and ships on clearance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Star Wars Command 54mm rpg minis and ships on clearance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Star Wars Command 54mm rpg minis and ships on clearance Reply with quote

Recently I had wanted to pick up some SW minis for when I start playing d6 SW. Unfortunately I do not have any of the limited number of minis I had back in the 80s, not do I have any of the newer plastic ones (not true, I have a few that are repurposed for fantasy- White Knobby Spider!!!). I checked out some of the FF Games versions and I found them to be too expensive. I am stingy when it comes to minis. I try to keep my minis <$0.30/mini and I like to buy in bulk. I have a very good collection for fantasy I have built up via various methods with Bones, Dreamblade, Clix, Mageknight, and big bags of fantasy/monsters.

A few days ago, I went on toysrus.com to pick up a bucket or two of True Legends Mythical Warrior at $10 for 72 pieces. While searching around for things that might be of interest to fill in the free shipping quota, I found Star Wars Command- High Quality Star Wars "Army Men" at Ultra Super Premium Prices. However, they are now on clearance (who knew charging ultra super premium prices for army men would go over like a lead ballon?). 51 figures for $10. That is my ballpark baby!

The only thing is that the figs are 54mm, which is kinda big, but if all the figs are that size, it is a-ok. Searching around on a few sites, I have picked up the following for ~$70 all with free shipping:

2x Galactic Ground Assault, 102 pieces
1x Epic Assault, 22 pieces
2x Millenium Falcon, 66 pieces
2x Final Battle, 32 pieces

Thats 222 SW high quality rpg suitable pieces for $70 shipped. A good mix of all sorts of figures and ships too. Instant SW RPG collection!

I also picked up the $10 True Legends Tub which has 54mm figs suitable for aliens and sorceresses, amazons and unisex elves which can all be repurposed for night sisters witches/warriors if needed. In additon, the $11 Galaxy Team Laser bag is nice kitchy 54mm retro-goodness suitable for a rubber mask New Hope type game. The TRU pirate bucket may be suitable too, 54mm skeletons and pirates which could easily become bounty hunter/scoundrels. A nice chunk of my miniature eclectic collection can also slot right in as well.

Look around at your big box shops and online, the deals are out there and it is unlikely there will be such a product produced again. You can justify it on three axes- rpg minis, figs to be painted, and indestructable kids toys for those with the little ones.

Cheers
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I recently picked up several of these at Walmart on the clearance shelves. the only one I am waiting to find is the Millenium Falcon set.
Great cheap figs, and I can always mix in Army Men if I need more troops! Twisted Evil
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the line has been cancelled, but there will be one more wave of releases that are already in the pipeline that IIRC will be a fall release. 1-2 TPM sets, A Jabba set (with a throwing Rancor!), and 1 more that looks to be some sort of Rebels set (not up to speed on the show, so not sure about this one).

Edit- Just picked up some mostly opened packs for $14 shipped off ebay:

Imperial Assault (More trooper and officers)
Endor Attack (not the greatest set, but still kinda fun)
Arena Assault (droids, Fett and SLJ!)

Cheers
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best deals online right now:

Target has the 22 piece Rebels set on sale for $8, free shipping on orders of $25+ and also free store pickup

TRU has the 51 fig set for $10. 50 troops + 1 Vader. Free shipping on orders of $50+. You can also get them off of KBtoys for $10 with $3 shipping on ebay.

So for ~$20 can have a very diverse SW collection with lots for troops, 4 lightsaber welders, some ships/walker and an a few odd cats and dogs. Pretty awesome if you ask me, and I think the two combined would also make a great present to just about any boy out there.

There is also the $50 93 fig set which is a pretty good deal as well. It comes with the Star Destroyer and lots of ships/walkers.

(I did grab 2x Falcon sets for $13 each on Amazon a few weeks back, that was also a sweet deal!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: