The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

roll for quality
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> roll for quality
View previous topic :: View next topic  
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: roll for quality Reply with quote

Looking in the 1e rule book's charts and tables there is a section "general knowledge". That got me thinking about adding a chart for skill rolls that produce a product like the artist and cooking, and skills that give performances like sing or dance. Instead of a difficulty to be surpassed the threshold of quality.

Poor. 1-5
Adequate. 6-10
Good. 11-15
Professional. 16-20
Excellent. 21-30
Masterpiece 31+

this would be used for skill rolls to determine quality not success, which could determine price of product produced.

thoughts, skills that you would use this with.
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw the OPs title, I thought the site had been hacked by folks in Denver and Washington State. The places where "roll" and "quality" have a very particular meaning :p
Merrick
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: roll for quality Reply with quote

griff wrote:
Looking in the 1e rule book's charts and tables there is a section "general knowledge". That got me thinking about adding a chart for skill rolls that produce a product like the artist and cooking, and skills that give performances like sing or dance. Instead of a difficulty to be surpassed the threshold of quality.

Poor. 1-5
Adequate. 6-10
Good. 11-15
Professional. 16-20
Excellent. 21-30
Masterpiece 31+

this would be used for skill rolls to determine quality not success, which could determine price of product produced.

thoughts, skills that you would use this with.

I like this, a timely suggestion. I had a player say yesterday he wants his Gamorrean character to start cooking for the crew. This should lead to some comical roleplaying.

Maybe add a difficulty modifier for difficult recipes.

-General Veers
Merrick
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or have a minimum difficulty the character needs to succeed and the higher the value the better the result. Very Easy to fry an egg, moderate to make a three tiered cake.

-General Veers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: