The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lightsaber Dueling Pack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Lightsaber Dueling Pack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Lightsaber Dueling Pack Reply with quote

Does anyone own the WEG Lightsaber dueling pack? I was wondering if the rules could be adapted to the RPG?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the pdf at one one time, but I thought it was ultimately silly and utterly useless for RPGing purposes, so I deleted it.
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly and useless? Not encouraging...I just picked it up off ebay and now I undertand why it was so cheap... Oh well...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, you should have said you had just bought it, then I would have been more merciful of it. To be fair, I didn't look very hard at it.
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is what I think you mean, it has no relation to WEG's SW RPG. But it is a fun game. I prefer the X-wing vs. T.I.E. Intercepter pack better though.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrawprin wrote:
I prefer the X-wing vs. T.I.E. Intercepter pack better though.

Ah, the Starfighter Battle Book. Yeah, it's pretty good, though right now I don't know if it's something that could be used in conjunction with an RPG session since the dynamics are a bit different. Though I think the manuevers in it could be used in an RPG session.

Wanted Poster
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had great success with the Starfighter Battle Book. My son and I primarily use it during long trips when I'm not driving. It's great since no dice or paper is needed.

Has anyone tried / owned the Hoth or Endor box sets? They seem similar to Star Warriors, but I'm not sure. While we're on the subject, how about Star Warriors? Any experiences to share with that one? I picked it up but haven't tried it out yet.
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
I've had great success with the Starfighter Battle Book. My son and I primarily use it during long trips when I'm not driving. It's great since no dice or paper is needed.

Has anyone tried / owned the Hoth or Endor box sets? They seem similar to Star Warriors, but I'm not sure. While we're on the subject, how about Star Warriors? Any experiences to share with that one? I picked it up but haven't tried it out yet.

I gave all my books to Loc a few years ago, except the Starfigher and Lightsaber dueling packs. When my son gets older, that is a great idea to pass the time, Pel. Thank you.

As for the three board games: I had Star Warriors and Hoth, but never had or tried the Endor version. I had lots of fun with Star Warriors, but Hoth was a more enjoyable game of the two; it was faster paced in my opinion. Star Warriors was designed to be allowed to work with the WEG RPG, too, but it never caught on with whom I played with at the time.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that IS a great idea for long road trips!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: