The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Talk like a Squib
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Talk like a Squib
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Talk like a Squib Reply with quote

I want to introduce a Squib NPC character in my game. I know Squibs have a unique way of speaking and addressing each other like "His masterful Squib bargaining Eliteness." I was wondering if anyone knew of any books or materials that could help me brush up on my Squib talk?
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of fast-talk. Squibs generally overload people with information in a near unstoppable stream of speech, most of which won't even make much sense. Think of a ferret hyped up on crack cocaine and too much sugar and caffeine all at once.

"Hello illustrious jedi counselor talk-talk person with the huge headbraid and oooo what a lovely little droid you have so shiny and new and red I love red did I tell you my cousin who's the best speedway pod-builder in the Kerlon system absolutely loves the color red? he painted thirteen speeders different shades and styles of the color red and some of them people kept telling him were pink but "No way!" he said, they had to be red I've never seen a lightsaber before, I wonder if cousin Greeble would like a red one so anyway how much for the droid?"

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got some wonderful scenes of squibs dealing in the novel Tatooine Ghost. Grees, Sligh and Emala are a great squib trio always looking after a good deal. The actual speech is not that different, they just bombard you with options and complicated ways of bartering for goods, so that you loose track of how much you're gaining with a deal.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sourcebook/sourcebooks are squibs found in?

Edit: Never mind, I found a place to look thanks to the Rebel Roleplayers Alliance's database. I'm gonna go check them out in GG4 now.

Wanted Poster
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're my favorite aliens, which might be obvious. Embarassed

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda realizing that now after seeing a picture of a Squib and realizing it was your avatar in black and white, RedFox.

From what I've been reading in this thread, on RRA, and in GG4, I'm pictureing that girl on The Cosby Show, Vanessa's friend who liked to talk at a thousand miles a minute. It was always funny to watch Cosby's face kinda drop whenever she talked cause she'd fit what would take a normal person ten to fifteen minutes to say into a minute or two and his character of Clif just couldn't keep up with what she was saying.

Wanted Poster
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squib are originally found in the adventure book "Scavenger's hunt".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: