The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bob's Lightsaber Emporium
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Bob's Lightsaber Emporium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Bob's Lightsaber Emporium Reply with quote

The storefront was unassuming. Just a wooden sign over the door. Bob's Lightsaber Emporium. Amused, you step inside.

There are lightsabers on every wall, on racks in the center of the room, even a few hanging from the ceiling. Along the far wall there's a counter, with a chadra-fan tinkering on a Lightsaber. He looks up when you walk in and waves, then goes back to working on the Lightsaber.

You look around the store for a bit, amazed at the stock. There's all sorts of lightsabers, kinds you've never seen before. Double lightsabers, force staves, even a pair of light-nunchucks. Eventually you walk over to the counter.

The chadra-fan looks up at you with a grin. "Hey there stranger, I'm Bob, what can I do ya for?"

You find yourself liking the little creature and very much at ease. You ask a few questions, about price and he answers them. When you ask about origins of the blades he gives you a grin.

"They're all 100% hand crafted by Jedi. Make 'em myself."

You ask if he's a Jedi and Bob shrugs.

"You wanna hear the story don't you?" Bob smiles. "You can imagine how it started. I was born on a Republic world, my midichlorian count was taken at birth, and my parents sent me to the academy. The normal Jedi story ends there. I was awful." Bob gave a laugh. "I was good at some things, excellent at making sabers, as you can see, but I was bottom of my class at most things. I was a washout before I was fifteen. They sent me to the Jedi Service Corps and I stunk it up there too. At 18 I left the corps and bummed around the galaxy for a bit. I may have been a lousy Jedi, but they taught me enough to make my way in the galaxy as a Navigator, a pilot, a gunner, you name it."

Bob reaches under the counter and pulls out a simple tube with an emitter on the end. "This is the first saber I ever sold. Well, the first model. I call it a UTC, universal cutting tool. Anyone can make a saber, but they're worthless in combat if not tempered with the force. Heck just dropping them puts the crystal out of proper alignment. But tempered with the force, they're amazing. This model has a six inch blade. Very useful for techs best cutting tool in the galaxy. Cheapest model too, if you're interested."

Bob points at the UTC. "Wanna see something neat?" Bob stares at the UTC, his body font completely still. It takes a few seconds but the saber lifts about an inch off the counter. He exhaled and it clattered back down.

"Told ya I was a lousy Jedi. Anyway, after I sold a few dozen UTCs someone offered me alot of money to build a saber for them. Of course I did it. Sold a few more and then I opened up this shop here on Daalang. No regrets. I get to make lightsabers for a living."

Bob put the UTC under the counter. "So, what can I interest you in?"

---------------

Room to stat out Bob later
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tall human draws the hood of his cloak back, letting it drop to his shoulders. "For starters," he says, how have you managed to operate such a shop without repercussions from the Empire?"
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slight chadra-fan smiled at the question, not looking up from the Lightsaber he was repairing.

"Well Sonny, Daalang has been changing hands between the Hutts and the Republic for millenia. At the end of the Clone Wars, through some political maneuvers, it changed hands back to the Hutts."

Bob looked up at the tall human. "I haven't been worth the trouble. I'm not good enough to train a padawan. There are untrained millions out there who make a bigger splash in the force then I ever could. But I get the sense you're in here for a bargain."

"If you can lift one of these sabers with the force, you can have it.". He smiled up at the human.

"I've never charged a brother Jedi, I don't intend to start now."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyler smiles at the Chadra-Fan; holding his hand out to the side, several of the cylinders about the shop lift off their pedestals and begin circling in the air. "I wasn't referring so much to your presence in the Force as I was to the fact that Palpatine has done his level best to eradicate all traces of the Jedi; all lore, equipment...even telling stories about them is forbidden. These," he indicates the circling lightsabers as he sets them back down in their racks," are most assuredly part of that lore he has worked so voraciously to destroy."
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Son, this is Hutt space," Bob replied, unfazed by the Jedi's impressive display, "Now I don't know how much you know about Jedi Lore, but the Hutts have killed more Jedi than the Sith ever will. Granted, the Sith do it all at once, the Hutts tend to do it one at a time, as Jedi come into their territory and stick their noses in Hutt business. There's a reason they used to warn us about Hutt space at the academy."

He gave the Jedi an easy smile and continued. "Now that was some fancy telekinetics you got there, but most of the Hutts in power right now we're ruling before Palpatine and will be ruling after Palpatine is gone. They've killed Jedi before and some of them got real good at it. Sonics. Slugthrowers. Flamethrowers. There's all sorts of things a Lightsaber won't protect you from."

The chadra-fan fixed the Jedi with a serious stars. "Now the trick is this: Palpatine isn't going to bother hunting down Jedi in Hutt space. The Hutts weild real power, a fight wouldn't be prudent for either side, and the Hutts are paying him tribute, or taxes, or whatever you want to call it. He knows the Jedi can't stop sticking their nose into other people's business and seeking justice and goodness and life and all that other crap they taught us at the temple. The Hutts don't really hate Jedi, they hate justice and goodness and life. And now that the Jedi no longer have the Republic backing them up, the Hutts don't have to worry about war with the Republic, they can just put a contract on any Jedi that annoys them."

The Chadra-fan relaxed and smiled. "So if you can manage to mind your own business, you can live a long time in Hutt space. Even running a shop like this.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyler smiles, and offers a half-bow. "Well, Bob, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Skyler Masters, and I'm not exactly your average Jedi."

Pulling the right side of his cloak aside, Bob sees a flash of a holstered blaster on Skyler's right thigh. "I'm sure that you heard at least a passing mention of the Grey Paladins during your time at the Temple; my own knowledge and understanding of the Force is actually closer to theirs than your conventional Jedi. However, I've passed beyond their ways as well. I see the Force as a spectrum; the Jedi are on one side, the Sith on the other. Yet there is a whole array of beliefs and knowledge in between the two, and there is merit to be taken from each...along with things that are perhaps better eschewed."

Skyler turns toward one wall of lightsabers, looking at the different designs available. "From where does your inspiration come for your designs? Are you naturally artistic? Or do you recreate things you've seen before?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: