The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

CorSec Agent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> CorSec Agent
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: CorSec Agent Reply with quote

I'm trying to make a CorSec character for my game. He's an older decorated officer, wounded in the line of duty, probably has a limp, and now assigned as the CorSec Liason to Daalang. Correllia does NOT have reciprocity with the Daalang Sector, so he has no jurisdiction here, so he isn't here as a cop. His job is to work with the Daalang government and try to get them to grant reciprocity to Correllia Correllia.

My players are pirates with the end goal of working with the Rebellion when it starts. This CorSec officer is going to be a contact/friend. He has no jurisdiction so he can't arrest them, so they end up chatting with him. If they make friends he would be a useful resource for their activities in areas of the Republic where CorSes does have jurisdiction.

In the adventure section you'll see my notes on the setting and Daalang. Quick recap: two years into the Clone Wars, planet on the border of Hurt space, fairly wild place.

I'm looking for suggestions on personality and history. I've spent this week making maps and running numbers for encounters, and working with a new player I'm bringing in. My creativity is drained and nothing is clicking for this NPC. Any suggestions, or examples of similar characters you've used could help.

Thanks
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course, after I post this ideas start flooding in. Two of them:

1) Make the character a Selonian female who hasn't been back to the warrens since she was a teenager and has no desire to go back. She's a tough old weasel and her injury would be to her tail, it got injured and never healed quite right, lowering her move and reducing her run skill by 1D. She was sent out here because she was less effective in the field but she didn't want retirement. I could see her as a grizzled, mean old weasel, like John Wayne. Gruff but fair.

2) Tie in the character as the older sibling of Rostek Horn. Two of my players are HUGE Corran Horn fans and would love this. If we ever ran into Rostek Horn or Hal Horn they would love that. And I could have Nejaa Halcyon show up later. We've still got a year left on the Clone Wars. They'd love that too.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm imagining someone well past his prime with a lot of "street knowledge" and life experiennce contributing to a generally jaded outlook. And he's just tired in general; not sleepy-tired, but more like worn out with life.

He's learned hoe to keep thints as simple and as quiet as possible, just the way he likes, but he's certainly nobody's fool and certainly not a pushover, though his generally "uninterested" demeanor might suggest otherwise.

He's not looking for a fight (too much hassle) but his big heart sometimes gets him tangled up in issuea involving the exploitation or abuse of innocents.

He might also uave a minorly inconvenient habit suxxh as a gambling impulse, or perhaps something more personal like a weekly ritual of visiting the grave of an old friend or deceased spouse, or maybe even child who was killed in an accident or something.

I can't decide whether he drives a basic beater or an old hot-rod with the paint stripped off and the interior semi-gutted...

That's all I got for now.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: