The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Books that replace other books...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Books that replace other books...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Books that replace other books... Reply with quote

Looks like WEG did lots of revising, updating and rereleasing...so maybe someone can help me out on which books eliminate the need for other books.

For instance, I have the Special Edition Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook...does that mean I can basically bypass all the other various movie sourcebooks?

Does the Planets Collection eliminate the need for the 3 Planets books?

How about the Aliens Compendium? That pretty much the big collection of the other Aliens books?

Anyone have a list of which adventures are compiled in the Classic Adventures series?

Any and all help here would be deeply appreciated.

(Feel free to point me to a place that would have the info that I may have missed, instead of just reposting...I'm not afraid to look elsewhere, just don't know where to start.)

Tommy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let me see...

The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition certainly replaces the Movie Trilogy Sourcebook. And I guess you won't find much use in Galaxy Guides 1, 3 and 5. The Star Wars Sourcebook has some repeat info but also some nice extra stuff.

I believe the Planets Collection does replace the 3 individual book.

Aliens Compendium is huge, but it doesn't have the aliens from GG4-Alien Races and GG12-Aliens, Enemies and Allies.

Classic Adventures - Vol II includes Graveyard of Alderaan and Domain of Evil. Don't know about the others.

The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook is a very extensive compilation of the 3 individual Thrawn books (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command Sourcebook), but it doesn't have ALL the info. It certainly has all the necessary info, but the individual books have some extra nice tidbits and pictures.

Other than that I think there's only the obvious XXX Second Edition replaces XXX First Edition.
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO...

I shouldn't go out of my way to hunt up some things, like the individual Thrawn books, (The Thrawn Trilogy book was part of the collection I bought) but if I were to find them mega cheap on a used rack, might be worth a look for instance?

Thanks much!

Tommy
Who Realized With Much Despair That Neither Expanded & Revised nor SE Star Wars Trilogy Has Jawas and Sand People
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you don't have to go out of your way for them, you could just ask for the PDFs of them in the PDF-Sharing Thread.
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be BAD and WRONG.

Of course, I mean the awful, awful wait I would have thanks to my S-L-O-W dial-up...=)

But I'll certainly consider it, especially for books that really only have a few tidbits I might need.

Tommy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: