The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A quick question about the REUP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> A quick question about the REUP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: A quick question about the REUP Reply with quote

So my gaming group has been having some scheduling conflicts so I had to pause our previous Star Wars game (which we had JUST started using the REUP book) and we're now getting back to it with the hype of the new movie and those scheduling conflicts having been resolved within the last month.

So as I look through the REUP book again, I'm trying to take note of what optional rules are actually covered in it and what books those rules are in, and there seems to be quite a few. Too many for me to go through and try to list by myself, so I was hoping that someone who worked on it could tell me what rules and books are no longer needed for rules reference at the table if I am using the REUP book.

For example - does it cover, rules-wise, everything in Cynabar's Fantastic Technology Droids and therefore I wouldn't need to have that book at the table for rules reference?

Read my gaming blog at www.alteredrealities.net - click on the tabs near the top for the different pages that usually have character bios and other info.
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, I want to know this information so I can leave some books on my shelf and not have to drag them with me if I'm running a game elsewhere (and thus also save them from any potential damage they may receive in transit and use).

And that is only if such a list even exists, which considering the lack of response, I'm going to guess there isn't. I mean I know I can leave the core book at home at least.

Read my gaming blog at www.alteredrealities.net - click on the tabs near the top for the different pages that usually have character bios and other info.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: A quick question about the REUP Reply with quote

DarthOmega wrote:
I was hoping that someone who worked on it could tell me what rules and books are no longer needed for rules reference at the table if I am using the REUP book.

DarthOmega wrote:
I want to know this information so I can leave some books on my shelf and not have to drag them with me if I'm running a game elsewhere (and thus also save them from any potential damage they may receive in transit and use).

And that is only if such a list even exists, which considering the lack of response, I'm going to guess there isn't. I mean I know I can leave the core book at home at least.

It's a good question. I would have thought someone would know, but maybe when one of the primary creators comes around they would know definitely and answer.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully. If not that's cool too, like I said it was more of a curiosity so I can leave books at home. I mean they may not even have a working list of what they used or if they did they may have trashed them due to no longer needing them since the book is done.

I may break down and take a weekend to figure it out for myself too at some point. If I do, I'll put a list here.

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how many of the official optional rules you use, but there was a project over on the G+ community that combined all the optional rules from all sources into one document.

Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2eHApljB2fKV1REUXpTeHY0OVU/view

That might help for cutting back on number of books you're toting around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: