The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Crisis on Cloud City
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Crisis on Cloud City Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the message that the group received upon landing at cloud city tourist district;

A welcome message - Welcome to Cloud City, Bespin. We hope you enjoy your stay in the city in the clouds. To ensure a safe and enjoyable stay in this exciting city the following items are prohibited to be carried by guests. Any guest found to be in possession of such items will be subject to large fines and expulsion from Cloud City. Please enjoy your stay and pay close attention to the directives of the Wing Guard, they are here for your safety.

Prohibited items are as follows:

Weapons larger than a small pistol or personal weapon (any weapon carried must be concealed at all times. VIP guests may apply for a bodyguard waiver).
Heavy or concealing armour. (VIP guests may apply for a bodyguard waiver).
Concealing head gear (except for cultural purposes).
Pets and Livestock (VIP guests may apply for a pet passport, all pets will be subject to a 14 day quarantine period).
Restricted or illegal items (without proper permits).
Any EXPLOSIVES.
Mining or industrial equipment is restricted to the lower levels.
Gambling cheaters.
Restricted holo-vids.
Vehicles with installed weaponry.
Imported produce.
Medicinal chemicals (without proper medical certificate).
Criminal accoutrements (an additional list is available from the Wing Guard).
Alcohol not purchased in Cloud City.

This list may be updated without notice. Please enjoy your stay.

VIP status can be arranged for a non-refundable deposit of 10,000 credits. This would then allow you to register up to 4 bodyguards for an additional fee per bodyguard. This fee is partially refundable when you and your entourage depart cloud city without incident.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i forget.. How does Bespin handle certified bounty hunters and certified bodyguards?
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One player in my group is a bounty hunter, I am expecting him to say that he is licensed to carry weapons etc. My response will be that bounty hunting is not a recognised profession and is subject to the standard rules. Obviously there are exceptions to this, ala Mr Fett.

I was thinking that if a bounty hunter arrived on cloud city then he/she would need to show that they are tracking a current bounty and not just at cloud city in the hopes of finding a mark. I would then ask a bounty hunter abide by the rules when in the upper levels and pay the same fee as detailed below.

Bodyguards can be registered as part of a VIPs entourage, probably at a cost of 5,000 and an additional refundable 'damage limitation' deposit of 10k that can be collected when the entourage leaves cloud city without incident. If there is an incident the deposit will be used to pay for damages, on the basis that any assailant will probably be dead and won't be able to pay themselves.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccatkins wrote:
One player in my group is a bounty hunter, I am expecting him to say that he is licensed to carry weapons etc. My response will be that bounty hunting is not a recognised profession and is subject to the standard rules. Obviously there are exceptions to this, ala Mr Fett.

I was thinking that if a bounty hunter arrived on cloud city then he/she would need to show that they are tracking a current bounty and not just at cloud city in the hopes of finding a mark. I would then ask a bounty hunter abide by the rules when in the upper levels and pay the same fee as detailed below..

That is a common issue in Sparks we have to be aware of, that bounty hunters, often try to skirt the weapon and armor allowance, just 'cause i am a hunter', and think their license should always apply no matter if they are on the chase or not.
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was mentioned by the player to loud city security but they weren't interested. However as he took on the investigation he was given a free bodyguard license which allowed him to have limited guns and gear but didn't leave him unarmed.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccatkins wrote:
Obviously there are exceptions to this, ala Mr Fett.

And all the stormtroopers. Fett was there with Vader and a large Imperial contingency, who were not there by Lando's invitation. So it was a bit more than a mere exception to business as usual.

Quote:
LANDO: Lord Vader, regarding the invoice for the bodyguard licenses issued to all of your stormtroopers and bounty hunters, will that be cash or credit?

8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are going quite well so far, only the bounty hunter has been offered the bodyguard license. this has meant that the Wookiee Marauder ahs had to leave his heavy battle armour, modified bowcaster, modified vibro-axe on the ship and play a little nicer whilst in civilised sections of cloud city.

As if things weren't complicated enough I have now introduced elements of two addtional adventures:

The old SW Gamer mag adventure, Cloud Cover, and the order 66 Podcast adventure Enemy of My Enemy. It made sense as they all take place on cloud city. This has created lots of addtional tension, distracted the PCs from thier original heist, but also meant lot of split party or single player encounters. Hiopefully i am at a point where everyone needs to start working together again to solve all of the loose plot threads. It has been a lot of fun so far.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.. As a q, what armor does he get allowed to wear?
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a bodyguard I would probably allow any armour that isn't restricted. In this case he has armoured clothing so it's not an issue.

The wookiee doesn't have anything except heavy battle armour so he doesn't get to where anything as he doesn't have a bodyguard license.
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after a long hiatus we are at the section where the players have 112 minutes before the nano bots are released, how have others handled this?

They have a lot of ground to cover during this time, going from the forgers to Helm's docking bay and resulting firefight, chasing Lira, heading up to the administration district to find the entrance to the maintenance ducts, finding thier way through the locked doors and then confronting X0.

Any tips on how to handle this bit would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: