The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Beginner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Beginner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kg8jk
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Beginner Reply with quote

Hello,
I just picked up the REUP file a few days ago as I am planning on running a session with some friends who are big Star Wars fans. Does anyone have a suggestion for an adventure module that would be easy to run? I have been a gm for a Basic Fantasy group but not for too long. My players have never played any table top RPGs.

Also, I would love to talk to someone about the game and running basic combat. I feel like talking it out might help me get a better feel for how to run things. Would anybody have some time to skype and maybe run a few skirmishes with me?

Thanks.

Dirk
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Zarn on Fri May 03, 2019 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Hyfigh
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I'm not necro'ing too terribly bad...

I agree with Zarn here. The first few game sessions you run should focus a little more on mechanics, rather than story progression and/or character development. Luckily, the system isn't very difficult to learn, so don't worry about losing a session or three to learn the ropes.

Something I tend to do when experiencing new players is to start them off with pre-built templates, where I help them assign skill dice. Then I just throw them into a quick fire-fight to get a feel for mechanics. Generally, it doesn't take much more than that to move forward. The hardest parts most have with the system are the Force and the relatively free-form rules for some things.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyfigh wrote:
Hopefully I'm not necro'ing too terribly bad...

This thread is only from April this year, so there's not necro at all. This isn't RPG.net forums where you post new thread and a few hours later it's up to 8 pages.

And feel free to post in very old threads going back years if you want. A common courtesy would be that if you are looking for threads on a specific common topic with multiple threads that you at least read the last couple before deciding that necroing an older discussion would be better for want you want to say. And check the stickies.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: