The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Transfer Force
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Transfer Force Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got the powers mixed up. Transfer force is the one where the Jedi uses a force point to transfer some of his life force to a dying life form to prevent it's death. It would kind of be like a "band-aide for the soul". It doesn't heal, just keep them from dying by placing them in a hibernation state where they will be able to survive in that state for up to six weeks unless they are injured again. The recipient must be willing, and the used force point is always returned as this act is always considered heroic.

You are referring to Transfer life (I think), which you gain two dark side points for using. It's the power where you play switch-a-roo and move your essence to a new vessel.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres like 5 of the same thing...
Transfer Force/life
Share force
lifemerge
life web
share life

too many to deal with
Ars_Fortuna
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to disagree with saying there's five of the same thing. Each power does something different. Remember that the Force exists in a duality with life, so it makes sense to have a number of Force Powers that affect life.

Transfer Life - Allows a Jedi to transfer thier essence into someone else's body. Dark Side Power.

Transfer Force - Allows a Jedi to transfer a little bit of Force to keep a mortally wouned individual alive.

Share Force - I didn't find in my books. Maybe you are thinking of "Transfer Force" above?

Lifemerge - Could be "Life Bond?" Allows the Jedi to form a lifelong bond with another individual, be it spouse, child, sibling, etc. This lets them sense the healthy and state of mind of thier partner and generally makes lying to your wife a lot more difficult.

Life Web - Allows the Jedi to locate large populations of a certain species. Useful if you're out in the middle of nowhere with only a few days rations left.

Share Life - I'm drawing a blank on this one. Do you remember where you've seen it?
He eats a LOT
He's getting big!
He needs a lot of attention
Assigned crewer to pet him
He's attacking the crew
Stop, Fluffy, stop!
I'm going to miss him

Last edited by Ars_Fortuna on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, none are the same as the other, all these i have found on numerous sites, they are special abilities CTRL SNS ALT skills..
Ars_Fortuna
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kehlin Yew wrote:
theres like 5 of the same thing...
Transfer Force/life
Share force
lifemerge
life web
share life

too many to deal with

Kehlin Yew wrote:
No, none are the same as the other, all these i have found on numerous sites, they are special abilities CTRL SNS ALT skills..

I can't help you if you are arguing both sides.

First you state that they are "the same thing" to which I illustrate what each one does and say that they are not the same thing. Now you are contradicting yourself by saying "none are the same."

I do not understand where the confusion is.
He eats a LOT
He's getting big!
He needs a lot of attention
Assigned crewer to pet him
He's attacking the crew
Stop, Fluffy, stop!
I'm going to miss him
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kehlin Yew wrote:
uhh yeah, in the transfer life/force and all that jazz, you get one DSP for trying it, and if the target is willing you get another, if they aren't then you get two more.

You are speaking of Transfer Life, which is a completely seperate power in all respects from Transfer Force. Also, what is being asked and discussed here isn't the Transfer Force power in essence, it is a situation a GM wanted where a Dying Jedi could transfer some of her mastery of the force to her student. And, given what was described, no DSP is justified. Even had this been about the Transfer Force power, that power does not incur DSP as it involves saving the life of another.
Also the 5 powers you list as doing the same thing are not the same. I do not recall seeing Share Force or Share Life in a specific book either, are those from the net or fan supplements?
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by 'same thing' i meant they all sound alike, and could be used alike, but i dont know what all the meanings are.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, look over the decriptions. They cannot be "used alike". Ars_Fortuna posted what each of the official powers do; none of us know what you are talking about with the other net or fan made powers.

Regardless, here's the breadown again:

Transfer Life - Put your essence in another body, lets you live beyond "natural death".

Transfer Force - Transfer life force to keep another from dying. Allows the Jedi to prevent someone from dying who's not dead yet.

Life Bond - Form a lifelong bond with another. Lots of effects. Basicly a Jedi version of "the twin effect".

Life Web - Locate large populations of a certain species.

Share Life & Lifemerge - Not familiar with these non-official powers.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kehlin Yew wrote:
by 'same thing' i meant they all sound alike, and could be used alike, but i dont know what all the meanings are.

Yes, indeed, as others have pointed out they can not be used alike. They don't really sound alike either except as to have a one word in common between them, and only a handful of them have the same one word. The powers involwing *whatever* life don't really sound like Life*whatever* either for that matter. Same goes for Force *whatever* and *whatever* force. There is only the vaguest similarity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: