The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

B'omarr Monks - A few questions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> B'omarr Monks - A few questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: B'omarr Monks - A few questions Reply with quote

1. Can the brain of a B'omarr Monk be housed in the chassis of an HRD?

2. Can the clone vat skin of an HRD come from the organic body of the B'omarr Monk?

3. Can the chassis of an HRD also provide life support for the tissue that produces blood for the cloned vat skin that covers the HRD?

4. Does the technology exist in the SW universe for an HRD to disguise itself by changing it's subdermal facial structure, or are there nanobots that can perform "plastic surgery", add or remove melanin from skin cells, dye hair, change eye color, etc? (On a female chassis increase/decrease chest implants?

5. If Midichlorians exist in the blood of all living things can a Force user still use the Force if he becomes a B'omarr Monk?

6. Can the organic brain of a B'omarr Monk be surgically transplanted back into a cloned body of his original organic body?

7. If Midichlorians are truly microscopic life-forms in the bloodstream isn't it possible they can be cloned from O Rh D negative blood (universal donor in humans) and processed into high Midichlorian count injectable booster shots?

Holo Commercial... Ever have one of those days you wished you could reach thru the computer and choke the living <bleep> out of the idiot on the other end?... Ever wish your boss would give you a raise or promotion?... Ever wish you could get out of that speeding ticket with a wave of your hand?... Ever wish you could talk your wife into letting your mistresses move in with you?... Or make her forget you taped over the holovid of your wedding with fishing show?... Ever accidentally give your wife an honest answer when she asked, "Does this dress make me look fat?" or "Do you think that waitress looks pretty?"

Then try Honest Ackbar's Midichlorian Supplements and you too can Feel the Force!

Vader voice over, "I find your lack of faith in this product disturbing... If you only knew the POWER of Honest Ackbar's Midichlorian Supplements you could Rule The Galaxy!

Luke voice over, "I took Honest Ackbar's Midichlorian Supplements and made everyone forget the time my sister tongue kissed me."

Han voice over, "I took the supplements and made everyone forget I shot Greedo first, but I swear I didn't use them to convince Leia to marry me. <pause and looks around nervously> Honest."

Get a 90 day supply of Honest Ackbar's Midichlorian Supplements for only three easy installments of $19.95.

Ackbar voice over, "It's a Bargain!"
Wookie howl of agreement, "Raawwrr!"
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're trying to make a full body conversion cyborg, akin to Major Kusanagi?

1: Well, technically, sure, but it'll look more like Mysterio than anything else. Or perhaps Kang. Or perhaps LEXX. The fishbowl with strange liquids and stuff looks to be integral to the B'omarr conversion.

2: As far as I can tell, a HRD was covered in synthskin, which is the skin version of synthflesh. I didn't make the leap to cloned skin being used in the HRD, most likely because of the problem with blood supply.

3: Unlikely, see 2.

4: You're looking for a T-X model? I'd say it depends on the elasticity of the synthskin. It would make for some very unusual structures in the face and supporting systems, so it might lessen the HRD's ability to deceive medical scanners. Given that a Clawdite (for instance) can do this, and you can make a HRD for a Clawdite... sure.

5: Yes. One might argue that certain Force powers might be easier - and others more difficult - by the lack of the body.

6: Maybe. It might be difficult or impossible, because of the nerve damage. Nerve repair has always been slightly iffy in Star Wars - though we see that one can make an interface to cybernetic prosthetics - eyes, hands, and so on - rather than using clones as spare parts (the Emperor used clones as spare bodies rather than using them as spare parts - hinting at some fundamental problem).

7: You're trying to make Midichlorians make sense. They don't. Also, they're intelligent. So ... no.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: B'omarr Monks - A few questions Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
...and processed into high Midichlorian count injectable booster shots?

This one aspect, although not directly related to your questions, reminded me of something I've done in my game.

Glitterstim

It's known as a valuable and highly illegal spice. In the EU, when you take it, you can share the thoughts of those who are physically close to you; like mind-reading.

After TPM dropped the midichlorian bombshell on us I developed the following theory:

What if glitterstim was not just a narcotic for the person imbibing it, but a stimulant for their midichlorians. The midis get a 'rush' from it, a surge of power that enhances the communication with the force.

Since they exist in all living beings in small quantities, this might be enough to give them a very temporary 'force sense', enough to touch the mind of someone close by however briefly.

Chronic users might even see the over-charged midis start to breed or replicate which might translate into a heightened awareness of the force.

Even if this was statistically a very rare occurrence....even 1 in a million, that's enough to make it highly illegal. Information about that effect would definitely be highly controversial, disputed and suppressed by the government; Republic or Empire.

So...in the days of Jedi suppression, some young force users who find out this information (disinformation) might be inclined to start finding glitterstim and taking regular doses in order to 'expand their mind'.

Cute commercial btw.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
You're trying to make a full body conversion cyborg, akin to Major Kusanagi?

TBH it's more to satisfy my curiosity. Bollux carried Blue Max around in his chest cavity, and I've been curious if the same could be done for one of the monks.

Quote:
2: As far as I can tell, a HRD was covered in synthskin, which is the skin version of synthflesh. I didn't make the leap to cloned skin being used in the HRD, most likely because of the problem with blood supply.

I got the vat cloned skin from a thread on this forum. Both templates posted the source material they were taken from. and I checked my copy of Shadows of the Empire and it does say Guri has vat cloned skin, so I'm accepting that the skin is living tissue. And that leads to my questions about the Midichlorians and force use.

The booster shots was more a joke.

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2222&sid=8abfe85910f3a1736dc1b777170495f6

Guri
Type: Customized Human Replica Droid
DEXTERITY 5D
Blaster 7D, brawling parry 11D, dodge 8D, melee combat
7D, melee parry 7D, thrown weapons 7D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Bureaucracy: Black Sun 7D, business: Black Sun 7D,
business: XTS 7D, intimidation 9D, streetwise 6D,
streetwise: Black Sun 7D, survival 6D
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 4D, repulsorlift operation 4D, space transports
5D, starfighter piloting 4D, starship gunnery 4D, starship
shields 4D
PERCEPTION 4D
Command 6D, investigation 7D, search 6D, sneak 7D
STRENGTH 5D
Brawling: martial arts 10D, climbing/jumping 7D
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid: Falleen 6D, security 7D
Equipped With:
-Humanoid body
-Highly modified AA-1 Verbo-brain
-Human bio-fibers
-Clone vat-grown skin
Special Abilities:
Human Replica: Human replica droids are designed to pass
for humans in every aspect, including behavior and biology.
A Very Difficult sensors roll is needed to notice “something
odd” about a human replica droid masquerading as a
human.
Move: 15
Size: 1.8 meters tall
Cost: 9 million
Source: Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook (pages 33-35)

and

Replica Droid
Type: Custom Human Replica Droid
DEXTERITY 4D
Blaster 4D+2, brawling parry 5D, dodge 5D, melee combat 4D+2, melee parry 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Bureaucracy 3D, business 3D, survival 3D
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 3D, repulsorlift operation 3D, space transports 4D, starfighter piloting 3D, starship gunnery 3D, starship shields 3D
PERCEPTION 2D+1
Search 3D+1
STRENGTH 4D+1
Brawling 5D, climbing/jumping 7D
TECHNICAL 2D
Equipped With:
-Humanoid body
-Highly modified AA-1 Verbo-brain
-Human bio-fibers
-Clone vat-grown skin
Special Abilities:
Human Replica: Human replica droids are designed to pass for humans in every aspect, including behavior and biology. A Very Difficult sensors roll is needed to notice “something odd” about a human replica droid masquerading as a human.
Move: 14
Size: 1.8 meters tall
Cost: 9 million
Source: Threats of the Galaxy (page 152)

Quote:
7: You're trying to make Midichlorians make sense. They don't. Also, they're intelligent. So ... no.

What does intelligence have to do with whether or not a living creature can be cloned? If you think they'd use the Force to prevent it, just use Ysalamiri to suppress their use of the Force.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you suppress the midichlorians with an ysalamir, then you're basically taking away their connection to the Force - which means that the booster shot won't work anyhow.

The point I didn't say, is that the intelligence of the midichlorians (which is likely using some sort of blue-orange morality continuum) is in my opinion essentially The Living Force. If there can be said to be a plan or a will behind the Force sensitivity of some as compared to others, it is likely connected to the midichlorians. And, if they're intelligent, then I'm supposing there is a degree of free will to the midichlorians.

Which means that I think they'll just refuse to work. "This isn't how it is supposed to be", the speech bubble says (but really tiny, like in ångström-size speech bubbles). And they go on strike. And that's it. At best, nothing much happens. At worst, you'll get massive necrosis (they will themselves to die), or bacteremia (they start running amok in the blood stream), and you'll explode and die. Well, possibly not explode. But you will die, if you don't get advanced medical help (like dialysis or something).

My source for the HRD's synthskin covering was Wookieepedia. Though it was intimated that Guri was (by far) the most advanced HRD (with the possible exception of the HRD that got executed instead of her creator), which means that one of the breakthroughs might have been with blood supply for the clone skin covering.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
If you suppress the midichlorians with an ysalamir, then you're basically taking away their connection to the Force - which means that the booster shot won't work anyhow.

The point I didn't say, is that the intelligence of the midichlorians (which is likely using some sort of blue-orange morality continuum) is in my opinion essentially The Living Force. If there can be said to be a plan or a will behind the Force sensitivity of some as compared to others, it is likely connected to the midichlorians. And, if they're intelligent, then I'm supposing there is a degree of free will to the midichlorians.

Which means that I think they'll just refuse to work. "This isn't how it is supposed to be", the speech bubble says (but really tiny, like in ångström-size speech bubbles). And they go on strike. And that's it. At best, nothing much happens. At worst, you'll get massive necrosis (they will themselves to die), or bacteremia (they start running amok in the blood stream), and you'll explode and die. Well, possibly not explode. But you will die, if you don't get advanced medical help (like dialysis or something).

My source for the HRD's synthskin covering was Wookieepedia. Though it was intimated that Guri was (by far) the most advanced HRD (with the possible exception of the HRD that got executed instead of her creator), which means that one of the breakthroughs might have been with blood supply for the clone skin covering.

Interesting interpretation on the psychology and motivation of an intelligent microscopic organism.

The ysalamir would only stop them from communicating during the manufacturing process.

However I don't think that the beings would view being cloned as wrong. Creatures that small reproduce by cloning themselves by binary fission. Cloning is their natural method of reproduction.

Also their intelligence is most likely a sort of hive mind so any cloning done would result in expanding their consciousness and increasing their intelligence.

I'm at my philosophical/intellectual limits now. It's like trying to read the mind of God and ask questions like, if god is omnipotent can he create a rock so big even he can't lift it?

Besides as I said before the booster shot thing was tongue in cheek because the idea of it made me think of that commercial which I thought would be funny.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, the booster shot part is interesting - don't discard it as merely a humorous aside just yet. Though it was a digression, you're asking some possibly important questions about the nature of midichlorians here.

How about the opposite - if we accept that there's midichlorians (that explanation of the Force isn't true in my Star Wars, by the way), and the presence of advanced medical technology, then you should be able to use something dialysis-like to remove or impede a person's connection to the Force as well. Possibly permanently, if you kill their ordinary bone marrow, and transplant over some generic donor bone marrow. Or do they 'spontaneously generate'?

Also, extending that - do midichlorians carry some taint if and when a Force user falls to the Dark Side? If so, cloning Dark Side midichlorians and having a gatling dart-gun loaded with Dark Side darts would be the easiest way of forcing a Force user to turn to the Dark Side. What do the midichlorians of the Aing-Tii look like? Are they all rainbow and stuff? Is there differentiation between species on their midichlorians?

Could you get Rakata midichlorians and suddenly be able to use Infinite Empire technology? Could you remove or suppress Dark Side taint through booster shots of Light Side goodness midichlorians? "It's ok, I can telekinetically choke this guy today, I've taken my Light Side shots"?

Is there cancerous midichlorians? Can they start multiplying in a leukemia-like fashion, possibly granting tremendous powers and then killing the host? If so, is it treatable? Can you immunize against midichlorians? Is it possible to communicate with them as they're said to be 'intelligent'?

And if midichlorians facilitate a connection with the Force - what about Vongsense? What the hell did the lambent crystal do to the midichlorians?
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
No, no, the booster shot part is interesting - don't discard it as merely a humorous aside just yet. Though it was a digression, you're asking some possibly important questions about the nature of midichlorians here.

How about the opposite - if we accept that there's midichlorians (that explanation of the Force isn't true in my Star Wars, by the way), and the presence of advanced medical technology, then you should be able to use something dialysis-like to remove or impede a person's connection to the Force as well. Possibly permanently, if you kill their ordinary bone marrow, and transplant over some generic donor bone marrow. Or do they 'spontaneously generate'?

Also, extending that - do midichlorians carry some taint if and when a Force user falls to the Dark Side? If so, cloning Dark Side midichlorians and having a gatling dart-gun loaded with Dark Side darts would be the easiest way of forcing a Force user to turn to the Dark Side. What do the midichlorians of the Aing-Tii look like? Are they all rainbow and stuff? Is there differentiation between species on their midichlorians?

Could you get Rakata midichlorians and suddenly be able to use Infinite Empire technology? Could you remove or suppress Dark Side taint through booster shots of Light Side goodness midichlorians? "It's ok, I can telekinetically choke this guy today, I've taken my Light Side shots"?

Is there cancerous midichlorians? Can they start multiplying in a leukemia-like fashion, possibly granting tremendous powers and then killing the host? If so, is it treatable? Can you immunize against midichlorians? Is it possible to communicate with them as they're said to be 'intelligent'?

And if midichlorians facilitate a connection with the Force - what about Vongsense? What the hell did the lambent crystal do to the midichlorians?

I'm not familiar with all the lore of the SW universe. I've only seen the movies and read maybe a dozen books like X-Wing squadron so I'

I don't really buy the intelligence (as we know it) of microorganisms. Tho I'm willing to entertain the possibility that there's a common element in all living things that connects us, and it can be stronger in some than others.

I'm even willing to accept that the "Force" and whatever creates it is essential to the existence of life itself in all it's various forms, and that removing it would kill the host.

But I don't believe that there's a light or dark side to the "Force", The "Force" just is. It can be used responsibly or selfishly.

I do however believe it's use is addictive. It responds faster to strong emotions, and strong emotions go hand in hand with the production of endorphins and such in the brain.

Endorphins are addictive. That natural high people talk about. Vader wasn't intrinsically evil. He was just a junkie, an addict.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: