The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

I NEED HELP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> I NEED HELP!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: I NEED HELP! Reply with quote

I need some advice.

I am running a Star Wars D6 Game.
I am the GM.
My players decided to stop at Tattoine.
One of my players got captured by Tusken Raiders because she (yes she is a girl) was stupid.
She was taken back to their camp.
Now the others want to go rescue her.
Using various resources, they have tracked the Tusken Raiders to their camp (Yeah I know it sounds like Episode II but we got no Jedi).

There are four people in the group (3 not counting the one that is captured).

My problem is this.

I want to make it difficult. I would like for the group to have some chance at surviving but I don't want to carry them.

The best Blaster Skill in the group is 6D.

How many Tusken Raiders should I have in the village?
I was thinking about 20, do you guys think their should be more or less?

Any input would be helpful.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 20 sounds about right, but remember that some will be young, and some may be women. So you'll probably only end up with maybe half or so as combat men. If they hit at night, or while the men are away on a hunting/raiding party, then they'll have a better chance of rescue, as there would probably only be about 4 or so that would be guarding...if even that.

If they're stupid, and attack when everyone is there, I'd make it tough. Don't pull punches. If they think things out a bit, or make a plan, give them the benefit of a doubt. All told, take into account "surprise". If the PCs manage to attack, and move quick, every man in the tribe won't be able to come to bear on them. If they're sneaky, they may have to only fight a couple, at most a few.

If you want to make it seem tougher than it really is, let them get to the captured person with little or no interaction with sandpeople. Say they managed to sneak past the sentries, or some such. They might have to take out the guard, but something happens (another guard comes in and spoils the rescue, or a sentry sees them trying to leave) that gets a lot of sandpeople after them AS THEY LEAVE. That way, they only have to run away, with sandpeople taking shots at them, or giving chase, or hopping on Banthas...basically, you can make it seem like a really tough situation, when really the only thing they have to do is run like crazy, maybe taking out a couple as they go. Then, when they're away, they go "man, that was close! Did you see all those guys coming after us?"

Hope this helps.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reply Grimace, pretty much what I was going to say. If they think things through, they can accomplish this without that much of a hassle, if they just show up guns blazing, they're very likely to end up all dead.

Don't forget to place a couple of Massifs guarding the camp, they can be the ones that sound the alarm.

Massiff
DEXTERITY 3D
Running 3D+2
PERCEPTION 2D+2
Hide 3D+2, search 3D+1, search: tracking 4D, sneak 3D+2
STRENGTH 3D+1
Climbing/jumping 5D+1
Special Abilities:
Bite: Does STR+2 damage.
Resistant to Radiation: Massiff gain a +1D bonus to Strength when resisting the effects of harmful radiation.
Track by Scent: Massiff can track by scent, and gain a +1D bonus to their Search: Tracking skill when doing so.
Move: 10
Size: 2 meters long
Lord Ben
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe have 20 sand people but they retreat when 3 or 4 of their own are killed?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But later they return. In bigger numbers!

Yeah, you could use that notion Obi-Wan set up. Maybe when they attack the camp, the few Tuskens there simply flee, and the group is very releaved and think the tuskens are real cowards and go on to search the tents looking for their partner. This should prove harder than they imagined, maybe with some Massifs who got left behind attacking them and they searching a lot until they find their friend well hidden in a tent. When they finally untie him and step out of the tent, they discover that the village is surrounded by Bantha-mounted Tusken warriors, maybe 15 or so of them, and they have a real battle in front of them.
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

Great Replies Everyone!

Thanks!

We play tommorrow night so I will use your suggestions.

It will help my game greatly!

Thanks Again!
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember that only very few Tuskens have ranged weapons and those are usually of shoddy quality. If the players can keep at a distance and sniper away with blaster rifles and scopes, using cover of, the Tuskens theoretically shouldn't stand a chance.
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

One of the players called last night.
This is their plan.
They will have one guy cause a diversion.
Two will go into the village to free her.
The other (who is on a raised mesa some 100 feet away) will snipe with his blaster rifle.
I plan to let their rescue be successful, but I am going to have the Tuskens come after them with Bantha Warriors from other clans.
They will have to run away to survive.
I believe this keeps it pretty real.

Thanks for all the great idea's!
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adventure doesn't have to be all rescue. Desert survival can be difficult - especially for a team that doesn't know anything about the desert. If their repulsorlift breaks down, or fails after being shot up by sand people, a one day trip back to a city becomes a two week journey. Did they bring enough food and water? Perhaps some local farmers/jawas will trade water. What would a famer/jawa need that the characters have? (Or could get in another adventure?)

The group doesn't have to do this alone. Perhaps some of the local scum and villany will offer to help them. This allows the Director to add some background scenery. What difficulty could such help cause? Of course, after the girl is rescued, the locals have something they need help with...
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*EDITED BY ADMIN* moved to the Adventures forum

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: