The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Obscure Character Archive!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Obscure Character Archive! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing somewhere that someone had made some D6 stats for Embo. I made a copy of it for my own reference. Here it is:

Embo
Type: Kyuzo Bounty Hunter
Dexterity 4D+1
Acrobatics 8D, blaster 6D, bowcaster 7D, dodge 7D, melee combat: shield-hat 9D, running 7D, thrown weapons: shield-hat 9D
Knowledge 2D+2
Alien species 5D, intimidation 6D, languages 4D, planetary systems 6D, streetwise 7D+1, survival 6D, value 5D, willpower 6D
Mechanical 2D
Communications 4D, repulsorlift operation 4D+2
Perception 3D
Bargain 5D, beast handling 5D+2, command: anooba 6D+2, hide 4D+2, investigation 7D, search 7D+2, sense motive 5D, sneak 7D+1
Strength 4D
Brawling: martial arts 8D, climbing/jumping 8D, lifting 6D+2, stamina 6D
Technical 2D
Bowcaster repair 5D, computer programming/repair 4D, first aid 4D, melee weapon repair: shield-hat 5D+2, security 5D+1
Force Points: 3
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 13
Special skills:
Martial arts: Embo knows the following hand-to-hand combat techniques.
Flying Kick:
Difficulty: Difficult.
Effect: +2D to the damage of his attack, if Embo’s skill roll exceeds the difficulty. Failure to beat the difficulty number indicates that he is off-balance and his opponent may make an additional attack against him in the same round, with no multiple action penalty.
Hold/Grapple:
Difficulty: Moderate or opposed Strength roll.
Effect: Embo excels at grappling. As long as his attack beats his opponent’s brawling parry or melee parry, Embo’s total needs only to have succeeded vs. the base difficulty of Moderate to hold his opponent. For every round that the target is held, including the round in which the attack is first made, combatants must make an opposed Strength roll. This is a free action, not unlike determining regular brawling damage. If a target beats Embo’s Strength roll, he is able to break free.
Lethal Strike:
Difficulty: Difficult or opposed brawling parry or Strength roll.
Effect: Embo is known to employ a deadly maneuver wherein he twists and snaps a grappled-opponent’s neck. As long as his target is successfully grappled, Embo may make this second Martial Arts attack and may do so without incurring a multiple action penalty. This attack is rolled vs. his target’s brawling parry or strength, whichever is higher. If Embo’s attack beats his opponent’s roll, while also succeeding against the base difficulty of difficult, then Embo gains a damage bonus equal to the number by which his roll exceeds his target’s roll. For example: if Embo’s “neck-breaker” attack beats his grappled-opponent’s parry or Strength total by 15, while also succeeding against the base difficulty of difficult, then Embo gains a + 15 bonus when rolling for the damage inflicted by this maneuver. If your Gamemaster already uses the optional rule that awards a damage bonus for the degree of skill-roll success, then the damage bonus for this maneuver becomes a cumulative one: the bonus becomes the sum of the success of the skill-roll and the success of the opposed Strength roll which is keeping the target grappled during this round.
Equipment: Ammo bandolier, armored chest-plate (+1D vs. physical, +2 vs. energy, covers torso only), comlink, fabric and leather kama, macrobinoculars, modified bowcaster, seeker droids, shield-hat (Kyuzo Jingasa)

This isn't my creation. Someone else did this. I just don't recall who did it or where it was posted. I tried searching this forum, but it doesn't appear to be here.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I remember seeing somewhere that someone had made some D6 stats for Embo. I made a copy of it for my own reference...

This isn't my creation. Someone else did this. I just don't recall who did it or where it was posted. I tried searching this forum, but it doesn't appear to be here.

Yeah, that someone was me! Very Happy

I did those stats, that’s basically my old write-up, but I guess I got uncredited, along the way. I do also share these on the SWD6 G+ group, and started back in mid-2015.

Check the google drink link on page one of this thread and compare my PDF for Embo from 2015. (Some of the first thread comments are about Embo too.) It has those same die codes, uses “Shield-hat” the term, puts beast handling under PER, has command: Anooba, and the lethal strike move has all my signaturely verbose phrasing, etc, etc. So yeah, those are my own previous stats for Embo! Via my initial research back then I started calling Embo’s hat the Kyuzo “Jingasa”, based on its closest RL basis.

Since I used a few house rule skill placements the first time around (I originally had “com-scan” combining communications and sensors, brawling in DEX, melee as a combined skill, etc) but yeah, that's basically my old write-up.

The version of Embo I just posted incorporates new info however, and I bumped up a few stats -- that are now more accurate, imho. So, if so inclined to replace, I’d say the recent update supersedes that/my previous version!

Last edited by Telsij on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:52 pm; edited 9 times in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I actually did Embo back in July 2015, longer ago than I thought. Here's the very first time I posted a version of those stats, back on 07-02-2015,
before some tweaks (I later bumped the DSP down to 1, etc) https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?746758-necro-It-s-my-birthday-I-want-write-ups-for-obscure-Star-Wars-characters/page6

And here's the Embo PDF I linked here back when I joined in 2016, in those days I was sharing the Obscure Characters as PDFs. That 2015 PDF of EMBO (created August 2015)
is basically the one you found (though he/she did move/rename a couple of skills to align with RAW): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-7Q2Dm1-OcIaGNDS1hMc3cyX1E/view

And here's the link to the Obscure Character Archive entries from 2015-2017, from before I started doing them as posts instead:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-7Q2Dm1-OcIfkhfN09RSElVTkZ3SkJackRyQVFUOWFIdDJfNFJWTXBrS3VYNWlNdnA0QXM

Anyway, all good! The obscure character write-ups are meant for folks to use, so I'm glad my old Embo got around, haha. I do like the character a lot!

Hope the update (posted yesterday) to the previous version works out just as well!
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the recent flurry of posts from Shooting Womprats over in the SWD6 G+ group (in particular the Tusken Raider and Ranat posts), I was reminded that I had already-completed write-ups that were yet unshared, and that I had statted up this Tusken Chieftain for the Kenner Sourcebook (along with a non-Kenner Ranat entry to come). So put your hands in the air, again and again... and again, for URoRRuR'R'R!

URoRRuR'R'R
Type: Tusken Tribe Chieftain

DEXTERITY 4D
Brawling parry 5D+1, dodge 5D, firearms: slugthrower rifle 6D+1,
melee combat 6D, melee combat: Gaderffii 6D+2, melee parry 6D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Intimidation 5D+2, survival: desert 6D,
tactics: hunting 6D+2, willpower 4D+2
MECHANICAL 2D
Beast riding 3D+1, beast riding: Bantha 5D
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Command: Tusken Tribesmen 7D, hide 5D, search 5D+2, sneak 5D
STRENGTH 3D+2
Brawling 5D+2, climbing/jumping 4D, lifting 4D+2, stamina 5D+2
TECHNICAL 2D
Firearms repair: slugthrower rifle 4D, first aid 3D+1,
melee weapon repair: Gaderffii 5D+1, security 3D

Species: Tusken
Character Points: 8
Move: 10

Equipment: Breath mask, customized Tusken Cycler slugthrower rifle (5D damage, range: 10-50/250/500/1km, ammo: 15; Game Notes: Due to its bolt-action mechanism, this weapon must be manually reloaded in order to fire more than once per round. Operating the bolt-action mechanism to reload requires the use of one non-roll combat action), desert robes, Gaderffii (STR+2D damage, Melee Difficulty: Easy), personal Bantha mount: Rrr'ur'R.

Capsule: URoRRuR'R'R was an expert marksman and melee combatant whose hunting prowess knew no peer amongst Tuskens of the Jundland Wastes. Yet, those qualities alone were not what earned him leadership of his tribe. Instead, it was his courage when confronted by mechanical horrors that made him clan chieftain.

Long ago, URoRRuR'R'R had been so bold as to scavenge a Czerka 6-2Aug2 hunting rifle from the wreckage of a starship that had crashed at Anchorhead. Not only did he return it to a functional state, he managed to make it more deadly and into a truly Tusken weapon, using it to great effect and wielding it proudly like the symbol of prestige and leadership that it was.

URoRRuR'R'R once ambushed a young moisture farmer who had dared to enter the Jundland Wastes atop his mechanical steed with a noisy, golden mechanized slave in tow. If not for the untimely approach of a deadly Krayt Dragon, URoRRuR'R'R and his tribe were no doubt on the verge of claiming even more materials that would have been of great use in the hunt. No matter, URoRRuR'R'R feared no metal being. As a result, his tribe of nomads continues to be one of the most feared clans of Tusken Raiders.

Sources: Tusken Raider (Sand People) Kenner toy packaging, Decipher CCG, Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope (2E), and Wookieepedia.
Stats and capsule text by Telsij. Photo: http://jedibusiness.com .

Notes: Character image on vintage Kenner packaging corresponds to the character since identified in Canon/Legends as URoRRuR'R'R.

Last edited by Telsij on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As follow-up to my previous post: from Star Wars: On the Front Lines, with the full text of the "first person" account as told by the Alliance Tunnel Rat himself, here is MUSMURIS REETJEET, along with updated species stats for the RANAT, revised with new canon information!

MUSMURIS REETJEET
Type: Misjudged Tunnel Rat

A Quote: "I was there."

"General Rieekan gave us our orders: infiltrate and capture an Imperial Interdicter. Our target would be the Immobilizer 418 cruiser Glaciate — 600 meters long, armed with twenty laser cannons. And then there's me, a Ranat. No, I hadn't served on an Imperial ship before, are you kidding? Just look at me. But I had the perfect set of skills for this mission and I'd been itching to use them ever since I'd signed up with the Rebels. Until Jakku, no one had ever given me a chance.

You'd think me being a Ranat wouldn't matter so much in the New Republic but you'd be wrong. Maybe everybody had had a bad experience with some other Ranat? Maybe everybody was a littlo too quick to judge my small eyes and large incisors? Those eyes can see into the infrared. And those teeth can gnaw through a duracrete plate.

Everyone else in my squad was human, all of them ex-Imperials who'd served aboard an Interdictor. Inside a captured Imperial assault shuttle, we made a beeline for Glaciate, praying for protection from TIEs and turbolasers. When we got there we made a hole in the hull just above the engine room. Explosive decompression took care of our opposition.

The rest of the Interdictor's crewmembers were too busy with battle to react to our little incursion. We pushed past the drifting bodies and moved into the next room, sealed it, and shed our space suits. I took a deep, satisfied breath. Not being able to smell my surroundings is like going blind.

I popped the hatch and crawled inside the systems while the others stood guard. Sniffing the vent ports for ozone and nitric oxide, I traced the reactor governor by its electrostatic discharge and wired in our bypass.

The Glaciate sat dead in space. While the others commed Rieekan to tell him of our success, I peered out the porthole down the length of the ship I'd just captured. Promotion, anyone? I like the sound of Captain Reejeet!"

DEXTERITY 3D+2
Blaster 4D, dodge 4D, running 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Survival 4D, willpower 3D+1
MECHANICAL 2D
Communications 3D, sensors 3D
PERCEPTION 4D+1
Hide 5D, search 5D+2, search: tracking 6D+2, sneak 5D+2
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 4D, climbing/jumping 5D, digging: tunneling 6D+1
TECHNICAL 3D
Demolition 4D+1, security 4D+2

Species: Ranat
Character Points: 9
Move: 9

SPECIES SPECIAL ABILITIES:
    Infrared Vision: Provided that there are ambient heat sources present, Ranat can see in darkness with no penalty.

Keen Sense of Smell: Ranat have a highly developed sense of smell, and gain a + 1D to search checks when tracking by scent. This bonus may not be improved.

Strong Sharp Teeth: Ranat possess extremely strong, sharp teeth whose bite inficts Strength +1D damage. Because of the strong enamel of their incisors, Ranat can chew through many sturdy materials given time, even something as strong as a duracrete plate. In game terms, for every three full rounds that a Ranat devotes to chewing through a given material, he gains a +1D to the damage done, up to a maximum of STR+3D damage. Treat Ranat teeth as having a Body Strength of the character's Strength +3D.

Tunneling: Time to use: three rounds. This ability allows the Ranats to use their teeth and claws to gnaw and dig through one meter of solid rock. For stronger or denser materials, adjust the distance accordingly for softer or denser materials). As a general rule of thumb, three additional full rounds of tunneling are required for every +1D increase in the material Strength that a Ranat is attempting to dig through.

SPECIES STORY FACTORS:
    Discriminated Against: Most sentient species consider the Ranats to be little more that vermin, and are annoyed by the Ranats’ insistence that they are a sentient species. In fact, on many planets, species such as the Ranats may be killed almost with impunity.

Technological Learning Curve: Ranats learn primitive skills (non-tool using, non-interactive skills) at 2D for every 1D spent (and one Character Point buys twice as much skill). Ranat may not allot starting dice to most Technical skills (except first aid and security), and Mechanical skills (except beast riding).

Underestimated: Many believe the Ranat to be a sub-sentient species, and so those that can use technology and intelligence have the advantage of surprise.

Equipment: Alliance-issued combat fatigues, BlasTech A280 blaster rifle (5D+2 damage, range: 4-40/120/300, ammo: 100), helmet with blast-shield (+1D vs. physical, +2 vs. energy damage. If blast-shield is lowered, wearer is protected against flashblinding), SpecForce comset backpack (Skill: Communications, Difficulty: Easy, Game Notes: 200-kilometer surface range, surface-to-orbit in harsh weather.)

Sources: Star Wars: On the Front Lines (by Daniel Wallace) and Wookieepedia. Character Stats and WEG species stat revision by Telsij. Capsule text and image: Star Wars: On The Front Lines (p.115-116).

RANAT
Attribute Dice: 12D

DEXTERITY: 2D/4D+1
KNOWLEDGE: 0D+2/3D+2
MECHANICAL: 0D+2/3D
PERCEPTION: 1D/4D+1
STRENGTH: 1D+2/3D+2
TECHNICAL: 0D/3D

Move: 9/11
Size: 1.0 - 1.67 meters tall (the latter are "Ranats of Unusual Size" however)

SPECIES SPECIAL ABILITIES:
    Infrared Vision: Provided that there are ambient heat sources present, Ranat can see in darkness with no penalty.

Keen Sense of Smell: Ranat have a highly developed sense of smell, and gain a + 1D to search checks when tracking by scent. This bonus may not be improved.

Strong Sharp Teeth: Ranat possess extremely strong, sharp teeth whose bite inficts Strength +1D damage. Because of the strong enamel of their incisors, Ranat can chew through many sturdy materials given time, even something as strong as a duracrete plate. In game terms, for every three full rounds that a Ranat devotes to chewing through a given material, he gains a +1D to the damage done, up to a maximum of STR+3D damage. Treat Ranat teeth as having a Body Strength of the character's Strength +3D.

Tunneling: Time to use: three rounds. This ability allows the Ranats to use their teeth and claws to gnaw and dig through one meter of solid rock. For stronger or denser materials, adjust the distance accordingly for softer or denser materials). As a general rule of thumb, three additional full rounds of tunneling are required for every +1D increase in the material Strength that a Ranat is attempting to dig through.

SPECIES STORY FACTORS:
    Discriminated Against: Most sentient species consider the Ranats to be little more that vermin, and are annoyed by the Ranats’ insistence that they are a sentient species. In fact, on many planets, species such as the Ranats may be killed almost with impunity.

Technological Learning Curve: Ranats learn primitive skills (non-tool using, non-interactive skills) at 2D for every 1D spent (and one Character Point buys twice as much skill). Ranat may not allot starting dice to most Technical skills (except first aid and security), and Mechanical skills (except beast riding).

Underestimated: Many believe the Ranat to be a sub-sentient species, and so those that can use technology and intelligence have the advantage of surprise.

Sources: WEG species stats revised by Telsij, in light of new canon information.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what is actually quite serendipitous timing, in honor of October being Dwarfism Awareness month,
OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE presents WEAZEL from Solo: A Star Wars Story AND Star Wars:
Episode I: A Phantom Menace
, along with a nod to starwars.com's Willow reference from years ago!

WEAZEL
Type: Vigilant Spy / Chief Lieutenant of the Cloud Riders

DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 5D+1, dodge 5D+1, melee combat 5D, melee parry 4D+1,
missile weapons 6D+1, pick pocket 5D+2, running 4D+1
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Alien species 4D, cultures 3D+2, languages 4D, planetary systems 5D,
scholar: Andowyne arcana 4D, streetwise 5D+2, streetwise: Cloud Riders 7D+2,
survival 5D, value 5D+1, value: weapons 6D+1, willpower 4D+1
MECHANICAL 3D
Beast riding 4D, communications 4D, repulsorlift operation 5D,
sensors 4D+1, swoop operation 6D
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 5D+2, command: Cloud Riders 5D+2, con 5D+1,
gambling 4D+2, hide 5D+2, search 6D+1, sneak 6D
STRENGTH 2D+2
Brawling 4D+2, climbing/jumping 4D, lifting 4D+1, stamina 4D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Blaster repair 4D+2, computer programming/repair 4D+2, equipment repair 4D,
equipment repair: weapons repair 5D+1, security 5D, swoop repair 4D+2

Species: Human
Character Points: 8
Move: 8
Size: Under 1.37 meters tall

Weazel left behind a life as a petty thief to become Enfys Nests' closest lieutenant and most vigilant spy. Having previously worked with the Hutt Cartel out of Mos Espa on Tatooine, Weazel now travels wherever his leader has business, including tracking Beckett's crew to Savareen.

Some say Weazel was once an arms dealer, a backstory supported by his facility with ordnance and its deadly applications. Fluent in Huttese and once a fixture on Tatooine, rumors about the diminutive human's past have run the gamut. From a reported reputation for sleaziness in his youth, to a fantastical tale told about his dabbling in dark arts — a fiction that wound up taking on a life of its own, such supplemental stories nonetheless remain unconfirmed, residing in the realm of cantina-spun legends which the Cloud Riders encourage, so as deepen the air of mystery around them: narratives cherry-picked, slanderous or simply self-aggrandizing, and sometimes... even true.

Equipment: Cloud Rider armor (+1D vs. physical, +2 vs. energy; covers entire body except head), Kalevalan tracker helmet with rangefinder (+2D vs. physical and energy; covers head only; equipped with internal comlink; On successful sensors roll vs. Easy difficulty, rangefinder adds +2D to search, or to ranged attack skills provided that no other actions except sighting and firing at targets are performed by user that round), Merr-Sonn Munitions K21c portable ordnance launcher (5D damage or 5D grappling; scale: speeder; range: 3-30/100/300 (harpoon rockets' compressed synthrope cables have maximum length of 100 meters); blast radius: 0-3; fire rate: 1; ammo: 1, must be individually / manually reloaded; if scope and shoulder stock with compression gel-filled brace are used for one round of aiming, the character receives a +1D bonus to their missile weapons skill to hit. Game Notes: Tri-barb harpoon rockets grapple with 5D speeder-scale effectiveness, if they successfully hit target. User must affix ordnance launcher to vehicle or structure that is at minimum speeder-scale, in order to lift/pull/redirect larger target. If properly affixed, user may add his vehicle's hull-code to grappling effectiveness. Each additional cable-rocket which successfully grapples a target adds +1D to the effectiveness of any combined action capture attempts), modified swoop bike, utility belt with ammo bandolier (stowage loops hold spare tri-barb harpoon rockets and cables for boarding/capture purposes, as well as standard munitions), two vibrodaggers (STR+2D damage, melee difficulty: Easy).

Sources: Solo: A Star Wars Story film, Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide, Wookieepedia and http://starwars.com Databank.
Stats and additional text by Telsij. Opening paragraph of capsule adapted from Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.116). Image: Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Weazel).
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obscure Character Archive glides in from the treetops of the forest moon for... FLASHBACK FRIDAY? Ok, that works. Flashback to not only his appearance as a burly bruiser who could fell a tree in two strikes on the Ewoks cartoon, but also to his appearance in Caravan of Courage where he was badass enough to pull a Robin-Hood-I-will-OneUp-your-bullseye stunt — but with an axe, chase down a runaway horse on his pony, AND later take on a giant single-handedly!

CHUKHA-TROK
Type: Courageous Woodcutter

Chukha-Trok was an Ewok woodsman on the forest moon of Endor. Known for his knowledge of the forest and survival lore, Chukha-Trok was a respected figure amongst his people. Tall for an Ewok at over a meter in height, with red-brown fur and a muscular, bearish build, Chukha-Trok was also known for his exceptional strength. Serving as both warrior and woodcutter, he acted heroically on behalf of the Ewoks of Bright Tree Village often, and often in quite animated ways.

An expert with the stone axe he carried, Chukha-Trok was counted upon by the tribe not only to defend the village from enemy hordes such as the Duloks, but also to tend to the forest surrounding their home. In the latter capacity, Chukha-Trok once cleared a grove of infected trees, thus averting a flood of the village through the creation of a makeshift dam. In his role as warrior, Chukha-Trok fought in several pivotal battles where the fate of the Ewoks on Endor hung in the balance, and he was instrumental in finding the lost Ewok Princess, Asha.

Although always willing to aid those in need, Chukha-Trok was sometimes a reluctant hero. When approached by Ewok shaman Logray, to join a quest to save the parents of two stranded human children, Chukha-Trok appeared initially uninterested — even after Logray presented Chukha-Trok with a sacred token to aid them on their journey: the ivory tooth which had been missing from the decorative jawbone the woodcutter wore around his neck. It was only after his martial prowess was challenged that Chukha-Trok agreed to join this Caravan of Courage.

Alas, this mission would prove fatal to the Ewok woodcutter. Sacrificing his own life so that the others could escape, Chukha-Trok died after a fierce battle with the mighty Gorax, the monstrous giant who had imprisoned the parents of the Towani children. As a token of their friendship, Chuka-Trok gifted his axe to Mace Towani, before succumbing to the injuries he suffered in single combat against the Gorax.

DEXTERITY 4D+2
Brawling parry 5D+2, dodge 5D, melee combat 7D, melee combat: axe 8D,
melee parry 6D, thrown weapons 6D+2, thrown weapons: axe 7D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Cultures: Bright Tree Village 4D+1, lumberjack 6D+2,
survival 4D+2, survival: forest 6D+1, willpower 5D+2
MECHANICAL 2D
Beast riding 4D+2
PERCEPTION 4D
STRENGTH 3D

Brawling 6D, climbing/jumping 4D+2, lifting 6D+1, stamina 6D
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Equipment repair: axe repair 4D+2, first aid 3D+1, primitive construction 5D

Species: Ewok
Force Points: 1
Character Points: 7
Move: 7
Size: Over 1 meter tall

Special Skills:
  • Lumberjack: Chukha-Trok is well-versed in the activity of felling trees using axes, as well as cutting and preparing wood for use in construction.

In game terms, if Chukha-Trok succeeds on a Lumberjack skill check, a number of woodcutting effects become available to him:

Firstly, if a character does nothing else in a round other than apply his Lumberjack skill, he is able to use his Lifting skill in place of his base Strength when determining melee damage rolls that are required to fell a tree, prepare lumber/timber, or wield the weapon for purposes that are mechanically/physically similar to woodcutting tasks. This benefit may also be combined with bonuses gained from full round preparation, as well as doubling duration of time devoted to a task. (The total damage done still cannot exceed the weapon's maximum however.)

Secondly, for every +5 by which a lumberjack exceeds the task difficulty, he may choose to ignore 1D of the scale modifier typically applied to the damage resistance of larger trees, thus allowing him to more easily fell larger scale targets. However, the time required to complete the task increases by a corresponding amount of time as well (1D minutes per 1D of scale modifier).

Lastly, like Tactics, Lumberjack also represents a character's skill in determining how to best make use of his knowledge base — in this case, how and what woodcutting techniques or activities may be applicable to a given situation, and how they may be deployed to his best advantage. The skill may be rolled to gain knowledge of how best to fell a tree, where to strike and in what way, how to best respond to unanticipated logging issues or emergencies, and so forth.

Special Abilities and Story Factors:
  • A Warrior's Pride: Chukha-Trok will never back down from a challenge, especially if said challenge allows him to prove his martial skills to those that may doubt his abilities.

• Keen Sense of Smell: Ewoks have a highly-developed sense of smell. They gain a +1D bonus to search rolls if tracking by scent.

• Pre-Spacefaring Society: Before first/extensive contact with the Empire or other travelers with advanced technology, Ewoks lived on the forest moon of Endor in relative isolation, focusing on sorcery and survival. Chukha-Trok and other Ewoks of this era are thus subject to application of the unskilled modifier to the difficulty of using high technology. Typically +5, the modifier may be higher or lower, depending upon the complexity of a given task or item. However, because the Ewoks are an intelligent, sentient species with a sound technical aptitude, this modifier applies only until the character has either received the proper training and gains functional understanding of the item (though he need not necessarily understand the science underpinning that function), or until the Gamemaster deems that a sufficient period of acclimation has passed for the character to adjust to the higher level of technology.

Equipment: Animal hide hood with feather, necklace with decorative jawbone, twig-and-twine chest piece, stone axe (STR+1D damage, STR+2D damage if thrown; melee difficulty: Easy; range: 3-5/10/15).

Sources: Ewoks: Caravan of Courage telefilm, Ewoks animated series, Wookieepedia and http://starwars.com. Stats and additional/original text by Telsij. Capsule text adapted from archived http://starwars.com databank entry, https://web.archive.org/web/20100209190750/http://starwars.com/databank/character/chukhatrok/index.html and from Wookieepedia.

Last edited by Telsij on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:31 am; edited 8 times in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning! Wanted to share more of the Solo characters I'd done for our upcoming sourcebook, before getting back "on brand" later today:

TOBIAS BECKETT
Type: Grizzled Gunslinger

A Quote: "Let me give you some advice. Assume everyone will betray you and you will never be disappointed."

DEXTERITY 3D+2
Blaster 7D+2, blaster: heavy blaster pistol 8D+2, brawling parry 5D+2, dodge 7D, melee combat 5D+2, melee combat: knife 6D+2, melee parry 5D, running 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Alien species 5D+2, cultures 4D+1, cultures: underworld 7D, languages 4D+1, planetary systems 7D, streetwise 7D+2, survival 5D, tactics: heist 6D+1, value 5D+2, willpower 4D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Astrogation 4D+2, communications 4D, sensors 4D, repulsorlift operation 4D+2, space transports 4D, starship gunnery 5D+2
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 6D+2, command 5D, con 7D+2, hide 5D+2, persuasion 5D, search 5D+2, sneak 5D+1
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 6D, climbing/jumping 4D+2, lifting 4D, stamina 5D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Blaster repair 6D+2, computer programming/repair 4D, demolition 4D, equipment repair 4D, first aid 3D+2, security 5D+2, space transport repair 3D+2

Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Size: 1.78 meters tall

Force Points: 2
Character Points: 21

Capsule: A grizzled gunslinger, Tobias Beckett was a born survivor, always quietly working out angles and analyzing patterns to ensure that he came out ahead. Even that came at monetary cost however. And so, in order to pay off his debts, this native of Glee Anselm became a professional thief, assembling a team of specialized scoundrels to carry out risky but profitable ventures. Always aware of the uncertainties – and ready to unholster his blasters if something went wrong — Beckett was aware that the latter was always a possibility. Indeed he had learned the hard way that trust has its limits. Nonetheless, Beckett came to be romantically involved with Val, a cool-under-fire saboteur who became a longtime partner in crime.

Now a veteran thief, Beckett had pulled off heists all across the galaxy when he and his crew saw a chance for a big score: steal coaxium from an Imperial conveyex on Vandor. But lifting a cargo car off the tracks wouldn’t be easy. To pull it off, Beckett, Val and Rio Durant first had to steal an AT-hauler from the battlefields of Mimban.

While casing Imperial operations on Mimban, Beckett’s crew encountered a young mudtrooper named Han Solo. Beckett took a liking to Han, and found a place for him and Chewbacca on the Vandor job. The arrival of Enfys Nest’s Cloud-Riders threw the heist into chaos, however, forcing Beckett to make amends with Crimson Dawn, the crime syndicate that had backed his scheme.

Beckett, Han and Chewie met with Dawn kingpin Dryden Vos, who agreed to a proposal made by Han: the gang would steal coaxium from the Pyke Syndicate on Kessel. Success would erase Beckett’s debt to Vos – but he knew there were many ways for Han’s risky plan to fail.

And Beckett knew too that it would be wise to plan for that very real possibility... even if that meant betrayal. After all, you didn't get far in the criminal underworld without looking out for yourself first and foremost. And the kid would have to learn that important lesson sometime....

Equipment: BlasTech DL-44 carbine / heavy blaster pistol (see Han Solo for DL-44's pistol configuration), BlasTech Sideloader DG-29 heavy blaster pistol (5D damage, range: 3-9/30/60 or 100 — long range maximum is expanded to 100 if macroscope is used, ammo: 50; Game Notes: Use of the Sideloader DG-29's image-intensifying macroscope increases the weapon's maximum effective range to 100 meters, matching that of most blaster pistols, while retaining a heavy blaster pistol's stopping power. In addition, if macroscope is used for one round of aiming, shooter gains a +1D bonus to blaster rolls against long range targets — as long as macroscope remains in uninterrupted use after aiming preparation. Lastly, "sideloader" design allows ammunition chamber to be swiveled out of, and back into, firing position via button-activation and wrist movement, respectively. In game terms, reloading the weapon still counts as one non-roll action, but shooter may reload weapon one-handed if necessary, and/or able to do so), BlasTech RSKF-44 heavy blaster (5D+2 damage, range: 2-5/25/50, ammo: 50, Game Notes: RSKF-44 fires two shots with each pull of the trigger, depleting ammo at twice the rate of a typical heavy blaster pistol. Damage code above already reflects "combined/fire-linked" double-barreled output, for efficiency and speed of play), collapsible blade with fusioncutter, dark gray-blue jumpsuit, greatcoat (+1 vs. edged physical damage), Fabritech 9.5D electromonocular, scarf, Tee-muss leather gloves, tooled leather double gun belt.

Sources: Star Wars: A Star Wars Story film and Star Wars: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide, http://starwars.com Databank, and Wookieepedia. Stats and additional text by Telsij. Capsule text adapted from Star Wars: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.56-57) and http://starwars.com Databank entry.

Last edited by Telsij on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:49 pm; edited 9 times in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning (again)! Continuing the previous post's sentiment to share more of the Solo characters I'd done for our upcoming sourcebook, before getting back "on brand" later today:

QI’RA
Type: Cunning Survivor

A Quote: "It's not that kind of game, Han. The object isn't to win, it's just to stay in it as long as you can."

(As of the Kessel Run)

DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 5D+1, brawling parry 6D+1, dodge 6D, grenade 4D, melee combat 6D+1, melee parry 6D+2, pick pocket 6D, running 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Alien species 4D+2, bureaucracy 5D+2, business 5D+2, cultures 6D, languages 5D, law enforcement 4D, planetary systems 5D, streetwise 6D+1, streetwise: Crimson Dawn 7D+2, survival 5D+2, value 6D, willpower 6D
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 4D, communications 4D+2, repulsorlift operation 3D+1, sensors 4D+1, space transports 3D, space transports: Kalevalan star yacht 4D+1, starship gunnery 3D
PERCEPTION 4D
Bargain 6D+1, command: Crimson Dawn operatives 5D+2, con 6D+2, hide 5D+2, persuasion 6D+1, search 5D+2, sneak 5D
STRENGTH 2D+2
Brawling: martial arts 6D+1, climbing/jumping 4D+2, stamina 4D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer programming/repair 4D+2, demolition 3D, droid repair 3D, equipment repair 3D+1, first aid 3D+1, security 5D+1

Homeworld: Corellia
Size: 1.58 meters tall

Force Points: 2
Character Points: 12

Special Skills: Qi’ra knows the following Martial Arts techniques:
  • Foot Sweep: Difficulty: Moderate. Effect: A successful attempt indicates the target is tripped, falling to the ground. The character must remain prone for the remainder of the round.

• Melee Mastery: Qi’ra has mastered the martial use of melee weaponry. Difficulty: Varies, depending upon Martial Arts technique used in conjunction with melee weapon. Effect: A character who knows this technique may apply any of the other Martial Arts techniques she knows to melee combat and melee parry rolls, provided that she has at least 5D in her Martial Arts skill, as well as in her Melee Combat and Melee Parry skills (or in the melee specializations she wishes to use), rolling whichever of her applicable skills is higher to determine the technique's success.

• Teräs Käsi: A character making a Teräs Käsi attack may not make any other actions in the round, including dodges or parries. The character splits the die code into "attack dice" and "damage dice," rolling only the attack dice to hit, but adding the "damage dice" to the character’s Strength when determining damage.

Capsule: Despite her youth, Qi’ra is Dryden Vos’s most trusted lieutenant, and an increasingly important Crimson Dawn operative. She has risen far above the bleak conditions of her youth on Corellia, where she lived in the sewers with the notorious White Worms gang.

Qi’ra had grown up on Corellia in a notorious Coronet City neighborhood known as the Silo. She soon clawed her way up from the Silo’s wasteland of dangerous streets to become a scrumrat for Lady Proxima’s White Worms, using her cunning to secure a profitable deal for Lady Proxima. Proxima noted her intelligence and initiative, rewarding her with the title of Head Girl. By age 18, Qi’ra commanded the attention and respect of Proxima, if not her full trust. Proxima admired Qi’ra’s scheming and strategy, but recognized a potential threat when she saw one. In the end, Qi’ra’s affection for Han Solo proved to be her undoing. When the couple attempted to flee Corellia using a stolen vial of Coaxium to pay their way, their plan went awry. And although Qi’ra intervened to save Han’s life, she was left behind.

But Qi’ra was a survivor. Sold by Proxima to slave trader Sarkin Enneb, she eventually wound up the “property” of crimelord Dryden Voss. After a year of repeated escape attempts, Qi’ra impressed Voss enough for him to offer her a position within the crime syndicate, Crimson Dawn, in exchange for her lifelong loyalty. In time, she rose through the ranks of Crimson Dawn to become Dryden Vos’ most-trusted lieutenant. The two were on Vandor when Qi’ra saw a face from her past: it was Han, seeking an audience with her boss.

When Qi’ra was a child, her wary nature had helped her succeed among the Scumrats. Now this quality was teamed with a mature, strategic mind that allowed her to navigate the far more dangerous waters of Crimson Dawn operations. She had thus far managed to conceal her true desires and intentions, using charm and wit to deflect probing questions from Dryden Vos, and from others. Although this cool, calculating front was surprising to Han, Qi’ra was, nonetheless, soon on her way to Kessel with her old flame and his partners in crime — ostensibly to safeguard the interests of Crimson Dawn.

On Kessel, disguised as an emissary from the Federation of Trade Route Allocation and Monetization, Qi'ra helped Beckett’s gang to infiltrate the mining colony and steal the raw coaxium. Her training in hand-to-hand-combat proved useful on the mission, effectively dispatching Quay Tolsite with a move that astounded the self-made droid L3-37. When the Pyke’s prisoners launched a revolt, Qi’ra played an integral role in the battle, launching the explosives that gave her co-conspirators time to board the Millennium Falcon and make their escape.

After a daring Kessel Run, which would fuel many years of Han’s boastings, the team made it to the refinery on Savareen just in time to avoid an explosion. Despite Qi’ra’s affinity for her old friend and his heroic impulse to help Enfys Nest by betraying Dryden Vos, Qi’ra’s future was along a different path. In a bloody battle, she turned against her captor, impaling him with his own Kyuzo petar, and assumed control as the public face, figurehead, and “leader” of Crimson Dawn.

Equipment: Black evening gown (with color scheme that matches other Syndicate members), Crimson Dawn half-emblem bib necklace, lock-picking spikes (+2D bonus to Security skill checks vs. mechanical/physical locks; set of 6), low-slung holster with loops for ammunition, onyxian belt with gold striping, Monlitzer S-195 double-barreled blaster pistol (4D+2 damage, range: 5-10/45/95, ammo: 100, Game Notes: The Monlitzer S-195 fires two shots with each pull of the trigger. In game terms, damage code above already reflects this "combined/fire-linked" double-barreled output, for efficiency and speed of play. In addition, the Monlitzer S-195 features a hinged assembly which allows its dual-barrels to quickly snap open and down for faster reloading, and/or loading with other task-specific ammunition. In game terms, reloading a Monlitzer S-195 falls somewhere between a free action and a non-roll action that incurs multi-action penalties. Reloading a Monlitzer S-195 while attempting to perform other actions in a given round still incurs a multi-action penalty. However, the blaster is considered reloaded by the time of the player’s next action, so that the player does not have to spend his next action performing the reloading itself. Lastly, in 10 BBY, Qi'ra was known to use the following types of alternate ammunition during her time with Crimson Dawn: Power plugs: Stoppers blaster gas converter chamber once trigger is pulled, building blaster gas compression to create a stronger burst once trigger is released. In game terms, once loaded power plugs grant a +1 damage bonus per round that trigger is depressed and held, up to a maximum of +2D damage bonus once weapon is fired. Increased damage comes with increased ammo expenditure equal to the number generated by damage bonus roll. The increased damage potential comes at a greater degree of potential mishap as well, such as the blaster exploding on a roll of 1 on the wild die, or other story-appropriate effects at the GM's discretion; Reactant gas capsules: +1D damage for each dual volley, when fired in certain chemical compositions of atmosphere, per gas capsule used), moof leather jacket lined with Voorpak fur, reinforced case holding 24 grenades (includes explosives, smoke and sedative gas), vast wardrobe of tailored outfits from galaxy’s leading designers.

Sources: Solo: A Star Wars Story film and novelization, Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide, Star Wars: Forces of Destiny episode: “Triplecross”, Wookieepedia, and starwars.com.
Stats by Telsij. Capsule text adapted from https://www.starwars.com/databank/qi-ra and Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.82-83).

Image: Revised version of Solo promotional poster by Lucasfilm, likely inspired by the artwork of Hachim Bahous.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-disney-looking-theft-allegations-solo-posters-1091753?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited by Telsij on Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:07 pm; edited 11 times in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, back to your regularly-scheduled programming! Back "On Brand"
with FUGAS FANDITA from Solo: A Star Wars Story and Tales From Vandor,
along with GOTARITE species stats.

FUGAS FANDITA
Type: Shell-shocked Veteran Miner

DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster: heavy blaster pistol 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Bureaucracy: mining industry 3D+2, streetwise 3D, survival 4D
MECHANICAL 3D
Machinery operation: mining equipment 5D
PERCEPTION 2D+2
Search 3D+2
STRENGTH 4D
Digging 5D, lifting 6D, stamina 6D
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Mining 5D

Species: Gotarite
Character Points: 1

Story Factors:
    Fear of the “Dark” (+3D): Fugas Fandita is haunted by things he has seen deep in the “Dark” — what veteran miners call the mines. Fugas has seen things in the spice mines of Kessel that make him afraid of ever returning to the planet’s depths. Fugas believes he had seen dangerous, hulking spiders deep in the darkness of the spice mines — armored arachnids attracted to light and motion, that fed on careless miners. Fugas has sworn that he will never again put himself in a situation where he must confront this fear. If Fugas does find himself in such circumstances, the Gotarite will become paralyzed by fear, until the cause of said fear is gone.

Released Convict (+1D): As of 10 BBY, Fugas Fandita had recently completed a twelve year prison sentence, toiling in the spice mines of Kessel. After surviving for over a decade in the mines, the Gotarite was released, but must at times still battle the social stigma certain sectors of society place upon ex-convicts.

Species Special Abilities:
    Keen Sense of Smell: A Gotarite gains a +1D bonus to their search rolls, if tracking by scent.

Low-Light Vision: A Gotarite is capable of seeing in low-light conditions (short of absolute darkness) without penalty.

Mighty Incisors: A Gotarite’s two large front teeth inflict STR+1D damage, if used when brawling.

Underground Burrower Heritage: Gotarites’ evolutionary heritage allows them to thrive in underground environments. Not only were their powerful forelimbs developed for digging, their specialized circulatory systems allow them to tolerate higher levels of carbon dioxide than many other mammalian humanoids. In game terms, Gotarites gain a +1D bonus to digging and burrowing-related tasks. In addition, when in enclosed spaces or when the amount of breathable atmosphere is otherwise of concern, Gotarites may re-roll failed breathing-related stamina checks, although they must accept the second result.

Capsule: “No matter what species you are, the mines will find a way to do you in. Heavy work gets done by Wookiees, Houks, Gigorans, Yuzzem, and other big bruiser species, but they’ll put, say, a Chadra-Fan or a [sic] Ugnaught to work on more delicate tasks. Droids, too – there’s plenty of jobs for mechanicals, down in the Dark.

That’s what the veterans call the mines: the Dark. ‘d been working here a few weeks when an old Gotharite spent all night in the Lodge, picking at a kod’yok steak. His name was Fugas Fandita and he had forearms like airspeeder pistons, hands that looked like stone, and a thousand-parsec stare.

Fugas told me he’d just finished a 12-year sentence on Kessel, and the Pykes had offered him a job as a shift boss. Fugas told them no, and was looking to catch on with the Mining Guild instead. When the Pykes make an offer like that, a wise being doesn’t refuse. But Fugas swore he’d never go down in the Dark again. He told me there were things down there that fed on unwary miners. Supposedly they were attracted to light and could sense motion, so the crews shut their helmet lights off and held still when they heard something in the tunnels. But Gotarites have low-light vision, and an excellent sense of smell. So Fugas could still see.

He said the hunters in the Dark looked like huge armored spiders, and stank like spice and rotten meat.

I’d never heard anything like that about Kessel from anyone else who’s been there, but Fugas was telling the truth, or at least he thought ht was. There’d been something down there in the mines with him, and it terrified him. He’s still a miner – he’ll come in after his shift, with his new Mining Guild buddies – but he’s done with spice, and Kessel, and things that want to eat you in the darkness.”

– As retold by “Midnight”, overnight bartender at the Lodge on Vandor-1
(Tales From Vandor by Jason Fry)

Equipment: BlasTech RSKF-44 heavy blaster pistol (see separate entry), cup of imitation juri-juice, holster and utility belt, insulated and electro-grounded work coveralls (provides +2D protection vs. effects of severe weather and vs. damage from electrical shock), haul of mined iridium for Mining Guild.

Sources: Tales from Vandor book, Solo: A Star Wars Story film, Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.87), and Wikipedia entry for Mole (animal). Capsule text: Tales from Vandor (pages of book are unnumbered). Stats by Telsij.

Image: Gotarite concept art by Adam Brockbank. Fugas Fandita would likely be the character on the right, as the Official Guide identifies him as the Gotarite holding his cup aloft, but....

GOTARITE

DEXTERITY: 1D/3D+2
KNOWLEDGE: 1D/4D
MECHANICAL: 1D/4D
PERCEPTION: 0D+2/3D+2
STRENGTH: 1D+2/4D+1
TECHNICAL: 1D/4D

Move:
10/12
Size: 1.5-2.0 meters tall on average

Keen Sense of Smell: A Gotarite gains a +1D bonus to their search rolls, if tracking by scent.

Low-Light Vision: A Gotarite is capable of seeing in low-light conditions (short of absolute darkness) without penalty.

Mighty Incisors: A Gotarite’s two large front teeth inflict STR+1D damage, if used when brawling.

Underground Burrower Heritage: Gotarites’ evolutionary heritage allows them to thrive in underground environments. Not only were their powerful forelimbs developed for digging, their specialized circulatory systems allow them to tolerate higher levels of carbon dioxide than many other mammalian humanoids. In game terms, Gotarites gain a +1D bonus to digging and burrowing-related tasks. In addition, when in enclosed spaces or when the amount of breathable atmosphere is otherwise of concern, Gotarites may re-roll failed breathing-related stamina checks, although they must accept the second result.

Sources: Tales from Vandor book, Solo: A Star Wars Story film, Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.87), and Wikipedia entry for Mole (animal).
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Telsij. I can't wait to see the Solo book!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Han Solo Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Awesome, Telsij. I can't wait to see the Solo book!

Thank you very much, Whill! The other week, Don knocked out many entries as well, so it is shaping up well thus far!
And speaking of Solo, might as well post the man of the hour, before diving back into the film's "obscure" characters:

HAN SOLO
Type: Aspiring Outlaw

(As of the Kessel Run)

DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 6D+1, blaster artillery 4D+1, brawling parry 5D+1, dodge 6D,
grenade 4D+2, pick pocket 6D+1, running 4D, vehicle blasters 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Alien species 3D+2, bureaucracy 3D, languages 3D+2, languages: Shyriiwook 4D+2,
planetary systems 4D, streetwise 4D+2, survival 5D+2, tactics: improvisation 5D+1,
value 4D+2, willpower 5D+2
MECHANICAL 4D
Astrogation 5D, capital ship piloting 7D, repulsorlift operation 7D, sensors 4D+2,
space transports 7D, starfighter piloting 7D, starship gunnery 6D+2, swoop operation 6D
PERCEPTION 3D
Bargain 5D, command 4D, con 5D, forgery 4D+2, gambling 6D+1, hide 5D+2,
persuasion 5D, search 4D+2, sneak 4D+1
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 5D+2, climbing/jumping 4D+2, lifting 4D, stamina 5D
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Blaster repair 3D+2, capital ship repair 4D, computer programming/repair 4D+2,
demolition 3D+2, droid repair 3D+2, equipment repair 5D, repulsorlift repair 5D,
starfighter repair 4D+1, space transport repair 4D+1, security 6D+1

Homeworld: Corellia

Force Points: 4
Character Points: 11
Size: 1.76 meters tall

Story Factors:
  • Criminal with a Conscience: Although he has learned harsh lessons about the realities of the underworld by the end of the showdown on Savareen, Han Solo is truly not the ruthless outlaw he aspires to be — and he never will be, despite how convincing his cynical, mercenary veneer becomes over time. At his core, Han Solo is a good man with a good heart, guided by conscience to do the right thing.
    Qi’ra: "Okay, outlaw, you can tell yourself that, but I might be the only person in the whole galaxy who knows what you really are."

Han Solo: "Yeah, what’s that?"

Qi’ra: "You... are the good guy."

Capsule: Times were tough under Imperial rule. Han was a street thief who worked for the notorious White Worms gang, stealing goods and cutting deals on behalf of an ill-tempered crime boss, Lady Proxima. Han doesn’t say much about his past. Although he later speaks of a father who once worked in the Corellian shipyards building CEC starships like the YT-1300 he would one day come to own, he is like many of the urchins crowded in the Corellian slums, a person without a real family, at least not anymore. And so, along with a keen eye for technology, Han’s cockiness, daring and ability to take a punch have made him one of the White Worms’ most capable — if unpredictable — thieves. But budding pilot Han had his sights set on the stars, and he soon improvised an escape from Corellia, hoping to bring his lover and fellow Scrumrat, Qi’ra with him. But their escape went awry, and only Han was able to flee Corellia, acquiring the surname Solo along the way.

He entered the Imperial Academy with dreams of becoming the galaxy’s best pilot, while harboring hope of returning to Corellia one day, to save Qi’ra. The traits that made Han an incredible pilot — including a reckless disregard for common sense in favor of trusting his instincts (and secretly kind heart) — work against him in the rigid structure of Imperial, military life. He racked up a checkered record in his short time in the Imperial military.

Despite displaying exceptional piloting skills, Solo was drummed out of the academy for one transgression too many — namely breaking formation to save a fellow TIE pilot from Z-95 headhunters. Although outnumbered 4-to-1 by the raiders, and later forced to make an emergency crash landing, Solo saved Onyx 2 — while managing to take out three of the four headhunters single-handedly. Rather than waste the credits already invested in him as a cadet, the Empire transferred him to the infantry. Han wound up on Mimban, fighting for the Empire as a mudtrooper. There, he met the thief Tobias Beckett, whose crew he wound up joining, along with Chewbacca, a Wookiee prisoner whom Han helped escape — and someone who would become his lifelong friend.

The gang’s plan to steal coaxium from the Empire on Vandor went awry, leaving them in debt to Dryden Vos, a kingpin with the Crimson Dawn crime syndicate. Han suggested a new scheme: steal unrefined coaxium from Kessel. Needing a fast ship, the gang hired the Millennium Falcon, owned by a dashing rogue named Lando Calrissian.

Once inside the mining colony, the plan quickly went awry. Disguised as slaves, Han and Chewbacca infiltrated the lower levels of the mine while Qi'ra and Beckett pursued aggressive negotiations in the offices above. Reunited once L3-37 spurred a revolution of droids and organic slaves alike, the crew managed to escape to the surface with several volatile canisters of raw coaxium, but not without their own casualties — L3-37 among them.

In the space above Kessel, the Millennium Falcon was met by an Imperial blockade, an obstacle that inspired the audacious shortcut that would become the foundation of Han’s legendary piloting prowess. Taking the helm of the freighter for the first time, Han set a course through the maelstrom. Ultimately, under Solo’s guidance, the Falcon made the Kessel Run in just about 12 parsecs and touched down at the refinery on Savareen, barely evading a massive explosion at the maw that would have obliterated both the ship and her crew.

A surprise run-in with Enfys Nest and the Cloud-Rider gang soon after altered the course of the mission – and Han’s future. No longer content to merely pay off their debt and satisfy a criminal syndicate, Han diverted the coaxium shipment to the fledgling rebellion and was forced to kill his mentor after a brutal double-cross. With only Chewbacca remaining at his side, the pair traveled to Numidian Prime, where Han successfully won the Falcon from Lando in a game of Sabacc and embarked on a career as a smuggler.

Quotes:
    "I said, next time somebody hits me, I hit them back."

“I’m going to be a pilot. Best in the galaxy.”

“Look, I came up running scams on the streets of Corellia. I was boosting AV-21s when I was ten. I’m a driver. A flyer. And hey, you said it yourself. I’ve gotta get out of here, right?”

“I got a really good feeling about this.”

Equipment: BlasTech DL-44 heavy blaster (5D damage, range: 3-7/25/50, ammo: 50, game notes: pistol configuration), comlink, driving gloves (+1 to grip when steering) googles, gunslinger’s belt (facilitates quick draw), lucky dice (aurodium-plated chance cubes, used in the Corellian spike variation of Sabacc, where a roll of doubles triggers card shuffles), nerf-leather jacket (with electronically shielded pocket for unprotected data cards and ID storage tag that is kept empty), scuffed engineer’s boots, utility belt.

Sources: Solo: A Star Wars Story (film, comic book adaptation, and novelization), Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide, Wookieepedia, Tales from Vandor (book), Han Solo: Imperial Cadet (Marvel comic book miniseries), and Star Wars: Adventures (IDW comic book series, issue #21 for retro-extrapolation of swoop operation skills). Capsule text adapted from starwars.com databank entry, and from Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p16-17, p44). Stats and additional text by Telsij. Image: Lucasfilm promotional poster.

Notes: Adjusted his attributes from existing WEG materials, which always gave him 17D+2 rather than 18D. Added that +1 to MEC to better reflect his mech/piloting talents.

And in light of his starfighter training (and as relayed in a SOLO deleted scene and the comic adaptation, in order to save a fellow TIE pilot, he broke formation and managed to take out three Z-95 Headhunters in just a TIE — it was initially 4-to-1, one Headhunter survived), I’m giving him starfighter piloting skills on par with Luke in ANH. And at this point, Han has also had formal training under his belt to supplement his formal talent too. On screen in SOLO, Han’s ability seems to be *at least* 7D across the board, imho. Plus no less an expert than Rio explicitly calls him a good pilot, and SOLO print material describes his skills as exceptional already, et cetera.

The stats above are still compatible with his existing WEG stats as Han's future projection, just that the new info/characterization bumps up a few stats here and there, and down here and there in comparison to his levels, say, as statted in the Corporate Sector sourcebook. For example, by ANH he has 7D repulsorlift ops. My take is that this (along with his overall starship piloting) was already at a high level and actually stayed relatively static, as he then poured his character points into Falcon/YT-specific and smuggling related skills going forward, etc. And I have him at a relatively high 4 FP, though I think one is spent making sure he gets the first shot off at Beckett and another of those will be spent (selfishly) winning the Falcon!

Last edited by Telsij on Wed May 29, 2019 9:13 am; edited 17 times in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday's Solo-themed OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE presents: KARJJ and species stats for the CROCIN!

KARJJ
Type: Foul-tempered Freighter Captain

DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 4D, dodge 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Planetary systems 3D+2, streetwise 4D+2, survival 3D+2
MECHANICAL 3D+2
Astrogation 5D, space transports 4D+2, space transports:
C-ROC Gozanti-class cruiser 5D+2, starship gunnery 4D
PERCEPTION 2D+1
Bargain 3D+1, con 3D, gambling: Sabacc 3D+1, search 3D
STRENGTH 2D+2
Brawling 3D+2, brawling: bite 5D
TECHNICAL 3D
Space transport repair 4D+1

Species: Crocin
Homeworld: Croce

Character Points: 3
Move: 8

Story Factors:
    Foul Temperament: (+2D) Karjj is prone to distraction and outbursts of anger. In game terms, whenever he is faced with any setback (however minor), Karjj must make a Moderate willpower roll (at minimum, depending upon the situation), in order to resist giving in to his frustration. Failure results in Karjj allowing the setback to affect his current mood. Depending upon the circumstances, this may be expressed as an inability to focus, or an outright loss of temper. Although the character's irritability and foul mood should be roleplayed, to reflect his distracted state in game terms, Karjj also suffers a penalty to his Perception and Perception-based skills for each failed willpower roll, equal to the amount by which he failed the roll. This penalty lasts until his next setback, when a new willpower check will be called for.

Debt: (+3D) Karjj has crushing debts that loom large and burdensome in his life.

Light Sensitivity: Crocins evolved living in cities built in caverns along the water. Because of this, they are unaccustomed to bright sunlight and must wear protective goggles when travelling off of their homeworld. In game terms, Crocins can see without penalty in low-light conditions, shy of total darkness, but they suffer a -1D penalty to all visually-based tasks in brightly-lit conditions when without protective eyewear. In addition, prolonged exposure to such levels of brightness can cause lasting damage to a Crocin’s eyesight. For every hour that a Crocin is subjected to bright conditions, he must make an Easy Strength check – at minimum, depending how harsh or bright the lighting conditions are. Failed checks indicate that the Crocin suffers ocular damage, with results/effects determined as per standard combat/injury rules.

Sawtooth Bite: The Crocin possess rows of sharp saw-like teeth that protrude from the sides of their snouts. These teeth, coupled with their strong jaws, allow Crocins to shred food and other items at very high speeds. In game terms, a Crocin’s teeth inflict STR+2D damage in combat, plus optional grappling effects. And if successful on an initial bite attack, the Crocin may make an immediate, second damage roll against the same target, at no multi-action penalty. Alternatively, after a successful bite attack, if the Crocin wishes to clamp down upon a target, this second roll may be used as the opposed Strength roll to keep a target grappled. The +2D “damage” bonus is then also applied to this opposed Strength roll.

Scale-Moisturization: When in arid environments away from their homeworld of Croce, a Crocin must keep his scales from drying out. In game terms, if a Crocin does not administer water or oil to his scales at least once every day, the drying of his scales incurs a -1D penalty to all actions, due to the pain, until he applies oil to his scales. Many Crocins address this issue by using oiled wraps, or other topical measures.

Capsule: Bad luck just seems to stick to Karjj. He has a troubled marriage, a clunker of a ship, and crushing debts. It's his foul-tempered, distracted state that makes him a welcome addition to a Sabacc table. He can be counted on to lose his money as quickly as he loses his temper. Despite this, Karjj's love of the game was not diminished by his frequent losses.

Equipment: Blaster pistol (4D damage, range: 3-10/30/120, ammo: 100), comlink, modified but dilapidated C-ROC Gozanti-class cruiser (stock stats except: hyperdrive multiplier: x2; space: 4; weapons: double laser cannon, fire arc: front, crew: 1, skill: starship gunnery, fire control: 1D, space range: 1-3/12/25, atmosphere range: 100-300m/1.2km/2.5km, damage: 4D+2; game notes: for every failed roll that uses ship’s systems, a controls ionized result occurs and ship loses −1D from its maneuverability, weapons fire control and damage, and shield dice for remainder of round and the next round), goggles (prevents flash-blinding; calibrated to a Crocin’s specific needs for light reduction/filtration), fur-collared coat (+1D to stamina to resist effects of freezing weather), oiled headwrap (keeps scales from drying out).

Sources: Solo: A Star Wars Story film and novelization, Star Wars: Alien Archive book (p.116), Solo-themed Denny's TV commercial, Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.91), and Wookieepedia. Stats by Telsij. Capsule text adapted from: Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.91) and Star Wars: Alien Archive (p.116).

CROCIN

Crocins are a reptilian species with short bodies, and teeth that protrude from the tops of their mouths. They build their cities in caverns near water, and are unused to bright sunlight. When travelling to warmer climates, they wear protective goggles to prevent damage to their sensitive eyesight.

CROCIN
Homeworld: Croce

DEXTERITY: 1D/3D+2
KNOWLEDGE: 1D/4D
MECHANICAL: 1D/4D
PERCEPTION: 1D/3D+2
STRENGTH: 1D/4D
TECHNICAL: 1D/4D

Move: 8/10
Size: 1.0-1.5 meters tall on average

Light Sensitivity: Crocins evolved living in cities built in caverns along the water. Because of this, they are unaccustomed to bright sunlight and must wear protective goggles when travelling off of their homeworld. In game terms, Crocins can see without penalty in low-light conditions, shy of total darkness, but they suffer a -1D penalty to all visually-based tasks in brightly-lit conditions when without protective eyewear. In addition, prolonged exposure to such levels of brightness can cause lasting damage to a Crocin’s eyesight. For every hour that a Crocin is subjected to bright conditions, he must make an Easy Strength check – at minimum, depending how harsh or bright the lighting conditions are. Failed checks indicate that the Crocin suffers ocular damage, with results/effects determined as per standard combat/injury rules.

Sawtooth Bite: The Crocin possess rows of sharp saw-like teeth that protrude from the sides of their snouts. These teeth, coupled with their strong jaws, allow Crocins to shred food and other items at very high speeds. In game terms, a Crocin’s teeth inflict STR+2D damage in combat, plus optional grappling effects. And if successful on an initial bite attack, the Crocin may make an immediate, second damage roll against the same target, at no multi-action penalty. Alternatively, after a successful bite attack, if the Crocin wishes to clamp down upon a target, this second roll may be used as the opposed Strength roll to keep a target grappled. The +2D “damage” bonus is then also applied to this opposed Strength roll.

Scale-Moisturization: When in arid environments away from their homeworld of Croce, a Crocin must keep his scales from drying out. In game terms, if a Crocin does not administer water or oil to his scales at least once every day, the drying of his scales incurs a -1D penalty to all actions, due to the pain, until he applies oil to his scales. Many Crocins address this issue by using oiled wraps, or other topical measures.

Sources: Solo: A Star Wars Story film and novelization, Star Wars: Alien Archive book (p.116), Solo-themed Denny's TV commercial, Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.91), and Wookieepedia. Stats by Telsij. Species capsule text: Star Wars: Alien Archive book (p.116).

Last edited by Telsij on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 am; edited 6 times in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday's themed OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE entries continue with IOTHENE JACONTRO from Solo: A Star Wars Story and Tales from Vandor.

IOTHENE JACONTRO
Type: Obsessive Big Game Hunter

DEXTERITY 4D
Blaster: blaster rifle 5D, (A) Kerestian Darkstick 4D+1
KNOWLEDGE 3D+1
Alien species 5D+1, planetary systems 4D+1,
streetwise 3D+2, survival 4D+2, value 4D+1
MECHANICAL 2D
PERCEPTION 3D

Command: Safari caravan 4D, search: tracking 4D
STRENGTH 3D+2
Climbing/jumping: climbing 4D+2, stamina 5D+2
TECHNICAL 2D
Security 4D, security: trapping 5D

Species: Kerestian
Character Points: 5

Story Factors:
    Obsessive-to-a-Fault (+2D): All too often Iothene Jacontro is consumed by his current pursuit. When he becomes fixated on a given quest, objective, target or goal, it comes at the expense of his heath and better judgment, for his fixations often cause him to overlook crucial clues and important information.

Lost Limb (+3D): Jacontro has since lost the majority of his right arm to gangrene. In game terms, Jacontro suffers a -1D penalty to his attempts at performing actions that typically involve the use of two hands or two arms. When attempting actions that *require* two hands or arms to perform, Jacontro may make still make an attempt — however, he does so at -1D penalty *and* at one difficulty level higher. In addition, in these cases, his player must conceive of a reasonable alternate method for Jacontro to accomplish this task.

Special Skills:
    (A) Kerestian Darkstick: Time taken: one round. This skill is used to throw and catch the Kerestian darkstick. The character must have thrown weapons of at least 4D to purchase this skill. The darkstick skill begins at the Dexterity attribute (like normal skills). Increase the difficulty to use the darkstick by two levels if the character is not skilled in darkstick. The weapon’s ranges are 5-10/30/50 and the darkstick causes 4D+2 damage. If the character exceeds the difficulty by more than five points, the character can catch the darkstick on its return trip.

Capsule: Big game hunter Iothene Jacontro was part of a crew who were convinced Vandor's mountains concealed a living vastadon. Despite losing an arm to gangrene after exposure to the elements, this Kerestian trapper returned to Vandor year after year, willing to brave the wilderness for what many at the Lodge regard as a fool's errand. And this search for the vastadon was not the only time Jacontro embarked upon such a foolhardy quest, if “Midnight”, the Lodge’s overnight bartender is to be believed....

“There’s a Kerestian hunter named Iothene Jacontro who visits Vandor every year or so. These days Jacontro’s obsessed with tracking down a vastadon that he swears lives up on the Jirree Glacier, but the first time he came to Vandor, he was looking for the treasure — specifically, the fabled Corubalni Hoard.

Jacontro showed up with a pack of aliens and told everybody that he’d released wampas into the outback as trophies for a big-game hunt. But the first night — about an hour into my shift — Jacontro’s gang started a fight int the hall with the Valarine School, the meanest bunch of Selkath pirates this side of Eriadu.

It went about as well as you’d expect, so the next morning Jacontro came down to find not only an enormous bar bill (and an even bigger bill for damages), but also that half of his gang was dead and the other half was in lockup down the hill.

Not the best start to a safari, but it got worse. It generally does, friend.

Jacontro needed a new crew, and wound up hiring half of Vandor’s deadbeats, swindlers, liars, and thieves. They they all trooped out of here looking for the Corubalni Hoard. Which I tried to tell them didn’t exist, but Jacontro wasn’t interested in the opinion of an overnight barkeep.

We figured that the story about the wampas was just cover for the treasure hunt, at least until Tibbs’ kod’yoks got devoured.

Jacontro had released wampas all right, but his people had turned them loose right on the other side of the ridge!

While his crew went off hunting for treasure, those ice-creatures followed their noses back to Fort Ypso and started wrecking stuff. So now we had wampas attacking convoys and tearing apart cabins, and nobody to hunt them.

Tibbs organized a shooting party, but I decided to sit that one out: I figured I’d stay where it was warm and there was no change something with claws like razors would try to remove my face.

While Tibbs and the others were bagging wampas, Jacontro had somehow lost his whole gang without finding any treasure. With one arm nearly frozen solid, Jacontro decided he’d had enough of treasure hunting. But on the trek back to Fort Ypso one of the wampas caught his scent. So as Jacontro was settling his debts, a bull wampa busted right through a wall!

Tibbs walked in just in time, raised his rifle and fired one shot to take care of the problem. At least we got a few decorations out of it — Tibbs had the wampa’s arms stuffed and mounted in the back room. And Jacontro couldn’t stop Tibbs from giving the name “Iothene’s Den” to the room where it all happened.”

- As retold by “Midnight”, overnight bartender at the Lodge on Vandor (Tales From Vandor by Jason Fry)

Equipment: Blaster rifle (5D damage, range: 3-30/100/300, ammo: 100), climber's mask with oxygen concentrators (provides +1D protection vs. physical and energy damage; allows for normal breathing at high altitude and low oxygen levels), canteen, climbing/survival gear, cloak, hunting traps and paraphernalia, Kerestian darkstick (4D+2 damage, range: 5-10/30/50, increase difficulty by two levels if used unskilled; returns to user if difficulty is exceeded by greater than 5), insulated leather jerkin (grants +2D to stamina rolls vs. effects of freezing temperatures, +1 protection vs. edged physical damage), utility belt.

Sources: Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.86), Tales From Vandor book, and Solo: A Star Wars Story film. Introductory paragraph of capsule text adapted from Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.86) and subsequent story quoted verbatim from Tales From Vandor (book pages are unnumbered). Stats by Telsij. Image: Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.86), retouched by Wookieepedia user/uploader.

Last edited by Telsij on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how Han is unique in that he gets multiple quotes instead of just one. That's just awesome. 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 8 of 23

Jump to: