The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Episode IV: Return of the Sith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Episode IV: Return of the Sith
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Episode IV: Return of the Sith Reply with quote

Hey guys!

I just wanted to share my Campaign idea with you.
Now this is going to be a darker campaign than most Star Wars Campaigns so please bear with me. Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you for the terrific idea's that you have given me.

Here is my campaign.

(Please no flaming. I understand what I am doing is a little extreme, but it is my game and I think the idea rocks!)

In my universe, everything happens up to ROTS.

My episode IV is called Return of the Sith

After the Jedi Purge, Palpatine decides it is time to begin anew. He decides to secretly recreate the Sith, against the edicts of Darth Bane (I think that is who started the rule of two). He decides to begin to take Force Sensitive children from their parents all over the galaxy. He then takes them to Byss, so that they may be trained. He oversee's their training while he rules from Coruscant. He brings them to the Jedi Temple when they become of age and he turns it into a Sith Temple.
He continues to train them and continues to steal more Force Sensitive Children.

By the time of Episode IV, everything happens as it did. Droids find Luke. Luke finds Ben. They meet Han Solo and Chewie.

Here is where it changes.
When they get into the trash compactor, Luke is killed by the Monster. Han, Leia, and Chewie are crushed to death. Ben is killed by Vader. The droids are captured. The Light slips from the Galaxy.

The Jedi ruled the galaxy for 1,000 years since the last Sith War. Now is the time of the Sith. Palpatine will transfer his Sith to the Death Star which will become their new Temple.

Enter my hero's.

It is a universe of darkness ruled by the Sith. The Jedi that spring up will be the only hope the universe has.

Most of my group want to be jedi.

In this world, they will be needed.

Well there you go.
If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am all ears.
I am still doing research on who and when the rule of two sprung from. I know that in Tales of the Jedi, there were alot of Sith. I knwo from the Video game that their were. I think it would be awesome if Anakin brought balance by allowing the Sith to return and rule as the Jedi had.

Any idea's anyone has, please let me know.
Hope you enjoyed my premise.
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Episode IV: Return of the Sith Reply with quote

"He decides to begin to take Force Sensitive children from their parents all over the galaxy."

I thought thats what those bright boys in the jedi council were already doing. "Oh sorry Anikin your what six or seven, nope to old to get in"
Geez whats the entrance age guideline something like yank the toddler from their mothers arms its seems. Yup thats a good idea train the galaxy's defenders as a bunch of socially inept celebites ya then they'll be able to relate with the population. Of course that explains the whole jedi are now evil and traitors speech that nobody has a problem with in ROTS.
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooot!!

(I think)
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting! Gotten to try it out yet?
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad idea, I am considering doing something similar but different, it deviates at 3 in that Anakin instead of choking Padme did a Jedi Hand Wave, "You understand me don't you Padme, the Jedi are corrupt, the Chancellor is corrupt, it is up to us now...." "Yes Anakin I see" Enter Obi-Wan, battle ensues.

Anakin kills Obi-wan in the battle thanks to a little help from Padme who is grievously injured because of her interference. Anakin goes back to Coruscant and kills Palpatine still high on his victory over Obi-wan and angry about Padme's condition.

Anakin begins a New Order. His Order. It is a Dark Time for the Galaxy as the name Skywalker is now feared above all others. Emporer Skywalker now rules over the Galaxy and his New Order.

Enter the Heroes into a time of trouble a time needing the light again.

Alexis
*smiles*
Darth Ginzain
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good for a campaign idea. When you boil it down, it isn't all that much different. You're just adding a reason for why your heroes will encounter Sith with some regularity without it being Vader. It's not too different from c campaign I ran a few years ago. For an interesting twist though have your heroes be Sith and working for Sidious.

Darth Bane started the rule of two around 1,000 years before Ep 4. During the battle of Ruusan the Sith and Jedi were almost totally destoryed. Bane felt that by having the dark side split between many dark lords it meant there was less power available. Think of it as electricity. When everybody's running the A/C that can lead to brown outs. So he introduced the Rule of Two. Master and Apprentice. It also helps to explain why the Sith always seem more powerful then the Jedi.
Lor-Pbk
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your concept for this campaign... But I'm curious to ask, do you have any plans for any unique technology or space craft to be introduced into your campaign?
Lor-Pbk
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what about other forces in the universe? Like the Hutts or other organizations that exsisted before and after ROTS? will they be basically the same?
TrueGrit
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great idea. I was thinking of setting up a Legacy-era chronicle for my group, but I may just change my mind in favour of this!

Have you had a chance to play yet? I would imagine that there are many outworkings that aren't present at the outset that present themselves as you play?
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the record Darth Bane did not come up with the rule of 2, but he uncovered that the rule of two was used in the past with sucess. I believe that is how it goes in the novel.

The story sounds good and should not be that much of an adjustment to the regular time line.

I think it is a shame that the Skywalker children were killed they would have been powerful sith if they could have been turned, Luke probally not to hard but Leia maybe pretty difficult.

But still a good story.
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Episode IV: Return of the Sith Reply with quote

Stule wrote:

I am still doing research on who and when the rule of two sprung from.

Darth Bane. He gave the thought bomb to the leader of the Brotherhood of Darkness. He then used the thought bomb against the Jedi, thinking that they could survive it. Which they couldn't, and wiped out all but Darth Bane, who then constituted "The Rule Of Two" after Darth Revan and Darth Malak
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the characters be sith brings up alot of adventure potential.

In your universe Vader would still be looking to topple Sidious and become Emperor.

Perhaps he would recruit one of your characters to be his apprentice,

or have your characters through backstabbing and intrigue rise through the ranks of the sith and eventually make their own play for the throne.

Having more then two sith brings with it a nest of vipers always looking to bump off the guys on top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: