The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

So, COMPForce...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> So, COMPForce... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering


Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 11241
Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Yeah, I don't know if I'd ever be able to use it in a game, but this is definitely something I'd be interested in reading.

Work in progress. Will post soon.
_________________
"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1252
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
garhkal wrote:
That's the angle i was going for. Think troops in plain clothes, trailing a team, reporting back to HQ about the rebels, before the troopers ge sent in..

That's definitely more ISB's Enforcement branch than CompForce Assault units.


Judging by what I read, I think I have to agree.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Yeah, I don't know if I'd ever be able to use it in a game, but this is definitely something I'd be interested in reading.

Work in progress. Will post soon.


Sweet.
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sylvre Phire
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 21 Nov 2015
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Yeah, I don't know if I'd ever be able to use it in a game, but this is definitely something I'd be interested in reading.

Work in progress. Will post soon.


Looking forward to it. Very Happy

Later!

Sylvre Phire
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering


Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 11241
Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished.
_________________
"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4759
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

Sylvre Phire wrote:
I was turning over ideas in my head for foes in my current Star Wars campaign and my mind happened to wander toward COMPForce... You know, those pretty boys who get all the cool toys, best medical care, and are supposedly the Emperor's favorites/elite while the stormtrooper corps couldn't hit the broadside of a blaster bolt with a bantha.

My question is this: has anybody every actually used them in their games? Did you use them as-is or reskin them as more-skilled stormtroopers. I know they're pretty much non-canon now anyway, but, regardless of edition/version of the RPG played, how did it work out?

No I don't think I have ever used them much but I have nothing against them and may use them. All I've done is made a PC template that combined the CompForce trooper template in Heroes & Rogues with the Imperial Bounty Hunter template from GG10 - A compForce veteran that did his ten years then used his contacts to go into bounty hunting. But haven't had a campaign that could use that template since.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sylvre Phire
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 21 Nov 2015
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
No I don't think I have ever used them much but I have nothing against them and may use them. All I've done is made a PC template that combined the CompForce trooper template in Heroes & Rogues with the Imperial Bounty Hunter template from GG10 - A compForce veteran that did his ten years then used his contacts to go into bounty hunting. But haven't had a campaign that could use that template since.


Interesting. Care to share the template? I think he might make an interesting foe for my game. Very Happy

Later!

Sylvre Phire
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4759
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

Sylvre Phire wrote:
Whill wrote:
No I don't think I have ever used them much but I have nothing against them and may use them. All I've done is made a PC template that combined the CompForce trooper template in Heroes & Rogues with the Imperial Bounty Hunter template from GG10 - A compForce veteran that did his ten years then used his contacts to go into bounty hunting. But haven't had a campaign that could use that template since.

Interesting. Care to share the template? I think he might make an interesting foe for my game. Very Happy


Imperial Bounty Hunter



DEX 3D+1
KNO 3D
MEC 3D+1
PER 3D+1
STR 3D
TEC 2D

Equipment: Heat reflective armor (+2 Energy , +1D Physical), Blaster carbine (5D), Heavy blaster pistol (5D), Knife (STR+1D), 3 Stun grenades (5D Stun), medpac, macrobinoculars, restraints, comlink, datapad, IPKC bounty hunter license, 1000 credits.

Background: You come from a part of the Empire few ever heard of and fewer still know much about. You left your family a long time ago, and haven't spent much time looking back.

Now you're a ten-year veteran of CompForce's Assault branch. Taking full advantage of all of your COMPNOR contacts, you went into business for yourself as an Imperial bounty hunter.

You are the long arm of Imperial law in a lawless galaxy. Your job is to bring the criminals and Rebels to face justice. You don't lose any sleep over a job well done. The Empire is a safer place because of you.

It's only a matter of time before that blaster bolt with your name on it catches up to you, but no matter. For now, you've got the thrill of chase. You never really planned on living to a ripe old age anyway.

Personality: You approach your job with the notion that any contract worth doing is worth doing right the first time. Anyone who stands in you way is a traitor in their own right, to be dealt with later. You make a difference and the rest of galaxy knows it. That's why they fear you as much as they do.

Objectives: To clean up the mess those Rebels have created.

A Quote: "You stepped over the line. Now you deal with me."
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help


Last edited by Whill on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zarn
Captain
Captain


Joined: 17 Jun 2014
Posts: 648
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest a slightly modified http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lone_Scout_A-2(LSA-2) Lone Scout A-2 as a good ship for that guy? Furthermore, perhaps he tends to take his victims - I mean, bounties - in Carbonite form, meaning that he's just got slabs up and down in his cargo hold.

That'd be an interesting wrinkle to use in a game. You get nabbed by a bounty hunter, and frozen in Carbonite. 150 years later, you wake up ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4759
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
May I suggest a slightly modified http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lone_Scout_A-2(LSA-2) Lone Scout A-2 as a good ship for that guy?

I like it.

Zarn wrote:
Furthermore, perhaps he tends to take his victims - I mean, bounties - in Carbonite form, meaning that he's just got slabs up and down in his cargo hold.

That'd be an interesting wrinkle to use in a game. You get nabbed by a bounty hunter, and frozen in Carbonite. 150 years later, you wake up ...

That's an interesting idea, but it seem logistically problematic as you need a large carbon freeze facility to freeze things. TESB also suggests that it is rarely successful to freeze live beings as they tend to not survive the freezing process.

So if the bounty is wanted alive you would want to risk killing them with carbon freeze, and if the bounty is wanted "dead", it would be much easier and cheaper to just kill them.

And Han was an outlaw bounty from a crime lord, but this character is a legal Imperial bounty hunter. It does not seem that the Empire would need targets encased in carbonite, except for Luke Skywalker going directly to the Emperor.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help


Last edited by Whill on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrNexx
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 25 Mar 2016
Posts: 1230
Location: Houston

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Equipment: Heat reflective armor (+2 Energy , +1D Physical),


Very minor question: Is there any reason you've gone with Energy then Physical, rather than the other (which is more common, IME)?
_________________
"I’m telling you, you’ll never have a deeper sleep than curled up in a Wookie’s lap."
“We're going to win this war, not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love.”
http://rpgcrank.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zarn
Captain
Captain


Joined: 17 Jun 2014
Posts: 648
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinoff of the Carbonite Army, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonite_Sith_Army

Also, it seemed that the risks weren't that great, given that it was used to get into the Citadel on Lola Sayu. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonite

I believe, though the exact wording escapes me, that the chief problem with the facility on Bespin was that it wasn't really meant for living things but for things like freezing Tibanna gas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering


Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 11241
Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:

Equipment: Heat reflective armor (+2 Energy , +1D Physical),


Very minor question: Is there any reason you've gone with Energy then Physical, rather than the other (which is more common, IME)?

It's actually a direct copy of the Equipment listed on the CompForce Trooper template in Heroes and Rogues.
_________________
"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering


Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 11241
Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
Spinoff of the Carbonite Army, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonite_Sith_Army

Also, it seemed that the risks weren't that great, given that it was used to get into the Citadel on Lola Sayu. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonite

I believe, though the exact wording escapes me, that the chief problem with the facility on Bespin was that it wasn't really meant for living things but for things like freezing Tibanna gas.

True, but time may also be an issue. If Han suffered hibernation sickness after being frozen over the course of six months, imagine the health effects on someone who had been frozen for a hundred years or more.
_________________
"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MrNexx
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 25 Mar 2016
Posts: 1230
Location: Houston

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternate thought: Instead of freezing living creatures, imagine being a bunch of unfrozen droids.
_________________
"I’m telling you, you’ll never have a deeper sleep than curled up in a Wookie’s lap."
“We're going to win this war, not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love.”
http://rpgcrank.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering


Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 11241
Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Alternate thought: Instead of freezing living creatures, imagine being a bunch of unfrozen droids.

Considering Bespin uses carbon freezing to perfectly preserve and transport Tibanna gas, this sounds much more viable, as an inorganic thing like a droid will likely be far less susceptible to the long-term effects that would threaten a living being under similar circumstances.
_________________
"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0