The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Public Service Announcement: TORIS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Public Service Announcement: TORIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject: Public Service Announcement: TORIS Reply with quote

Hi,

After much soul searching I have decided not to renew my domains and shutdown TORIS. It's not getting much footfall these days and I've not been able to maintain it with regular content due to work, family and university commitments. It's cash out the door with little return these days.

Just a heads up if people want to download anything.

The end of an era with 22 years of online presence. Heart weighs heavy

Deano
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer man Sad

Maybe bump the content to a thread over here? I know a bunch of the G+ stuff came over here when that closed.

Or perhaps approach Freddy at RPGgamer and see if he'll host your stuff over there.

It'd be a shame to not have it available.
sithholocron
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, to be honest, I have never heard of your site before until now. Of course there are free websites such as wordpress that you can host a back up on, or even compile all the information into a large sourcebook. those would be my money saving suggestions. I mean if you do a sourcebook you could probably release it some place too like drivethurrpg.

Digital Assets:
support: patreon.com/chipmaps
store: ko-fi.com/chipmaps/shop
social media: instagram.com/chipmaps
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Public Service Announcement: TORIS Reply with quote

deano wrote:
Hi,

After much soul searching I have decided not to renew my domains and shutdown TORIS. It's not getting much footfall these days and I've not been able to maintain it with regular content due to work, family and university commitments. It's cash out the door with little return these days.

Just a heads up if people want to download anything.

The end of an era with 22 years of online presence. Heart weighs heavy

Deano

I understand, Deano. At first I was really sad because your site is so cool and has so much great stuff, but then I found that it has been archived on the Wayback Machine. I clicked around on the archive and the links are working to the other pages, so I'm glad we still have that. I've updated my bookmark. Thank you for sharing everything and letting us know about the site. And please don't be a stranger here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171107051341/http://toris.magriller.net/index.html
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words guys. Starting to have some second doubts...I mean it's not that expensive...

Perhaps getting some additional people on board to generate content will breathe some life back into things. Plus I need somewhere to host this Rogue One Galaxy Guide once I finally finish it....

Deano
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deano wrote:
Thanks for the kind words guys. Starting to have some second doubts...I mean it's not that expensive...

Perhaps getting some additional people on board to generate content will breathe some life back into things. Plus I need somewhere to host this Rogue One Galaxy Guide once I finally finish it....

Well I'd be happy to host your Rogue One Galaxy Guide here.

But if you keep your site I'm ok with cross-posting if anyone who shares content here wants to also share it for your site. We are talking free fanmade stuff for the community at large anyway. There already is a lot of stuff there that makes your site unique.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deano wrote:

Deano

I only learned about your site today, from here. I went and had a look, I like it.
I can't donate and I am not sure how tech savvy I am but I am sure for some generated content and duch maybe all us rancors can do a little shuffle
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deano wrote:

I'm not really in a place where I can contribute, but I may be going back to work soon. How much are you looking at, generally speaking?

Quote:
Perhaps getting some additional people on board to generate content will breathe some life back into things.

I've got plenty of content if you're interested in hosting it.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, on the basis that some of you are up for creating content and the nagging of some of my players I've decided to keep it going for at least another year or two.

Thanks for the support and please send me a message if you'd like to become part of the team.

Deano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: