The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Knights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Jedi Knights Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Jedi Knights Reply with quote

Hey Guys!

I was wondering.

What (in D6) qualifies one as a Jedi Knight and a Jedi Master.

I was thinking the following....

Jedi Knight
Control 5D, Sense 5D, Alter 5D,
Lightsaber 6D
Lightsaber Repair 4D
Scholar: Jedi 5D

Jedi Master
Control 9D, Sense 9D, Alter 9D,
Lightsaber 9D
Lightsaber Repair 6D
Scholar: Jedi 7D

What do you guys think?

Any idea's?
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty close to what I use. Mine are a little lower.

Force Student: 1D in each Control, Sense, Alter
Young Jedi (Padawan): 9D total, with minimum of 1D in each Control, Sense, Alter
New Jedi Knight: 13D total with minimum of 2D in each Control, Sense, Alter
Typical Jedi Knight: 15D total with minimum of 2D in each Control, Sense, Alter
Typical Jedi Master: 24D total with minimum of 3D in each Control, Sense, Alter

Obviously there are individuals in each that would break the curve, so to speak. Some Masters would be in the 10-12D range, while I figure some might even be as low as 8D in one of the powers.

I never really dealt with skill totals, as I feel that is entirely up to either the player playing the guy, or the GM running the NPC. For typical, I think your skills might work, though I haven't crunched the numbers yet to see how they would stack up to others.
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like yours a little bit more than mine.

I tweaked my stuff aboit.

Thanks Grimace!
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the DE sourcebook stats for Luke list him as a Knight with Control 13D+1, Sense 11D+1 Alter 10D+2, lightsaber 11D, lightsaber repair 9D, and no scholar: Jedi lore. Though DE itself says that he's a Master as of the events of DE. The following are from the Tales of the Jedi Companion with how their listed on stats (species excluded):

• Andur Sunrider: Jedi Apprentice, Control 2D, Sense 1D+1, Alter 1D+1, lightsaber 6D, no lightsaber repair, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Arca Jeth: Jedi Master, Control 12D+1, Sense 14D+2, Alter 14D, lightsaber 10D, no lightsaber repair, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Cay Qel-Droma: Jedi Knight, Control 2D, Sense 1D+2, Alter 1D, lightsaber 4D+1, no lightsaber repair, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Chamma: Jedi Master, Control 7D, Sense 10D, Alter 8D, lightsaber 9D+2, no lightsaber repair, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Dace Diath: Jedi Knight, Control 2D+1, Sense 2D, Alter 1D+2, lightsaber 4D+1, no lightsaber repair, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Kith Kark: Jedi Apprentice, Control 1D+1, Sense 2D, Alter 1D+1, lightsaber 5D+1, lightsaber repair 3D, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Nomi Sunrider: Jedi Apprentice, Control 1D+1, Sense 2D+1, Alter 1D, lightsaber 4D+2, lightsaber repair 3D, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Oss Wilum: Jedi Knight, Control 2D+2, Sense 2D+1, Alter 2D, lightsaber 5D, no lightsaber repair, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Qrrl Toq: Jedi Knight, Control 2D, Sense 1D+2, Alter 1D+2, lightsaber 3D+2, lightsaber repair 3D+1, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Shoaneb Culu: Jedi Knight, Control 2D+1, Sense 1D+2, no Alter, lightsaber 4D+2, lightsaber repair 4D+1, scholar: Jedi lore 3D+2.
  • Thon: Jedi Master, Control 10D+2, Sense 12D+1, Alter 11D+2, no lightsaber, no lightsaber repair, scholar: Jedi lore 10D.
  • Tott Doneeta: Jedi Knight, Control 1D+2, Sense 2D+2, Alter 2D, lightsaber 5D, lightsaber repair 3D, no scholar: Jedi lore.
  • Ulic Qel-Droma: Jedi Knight, Control 3D+1, Sense 2D+2, Alter 3D, lightsaber 5D+2, lightsaber repair 5D, no scholar: Jedi lore.

The Masters obviously have higher stats than the Knights and Apprentices as far as their Force skills go, but on the other stats, it doesn't always seem to be the case. And the Knights are pretty much about equal to the Apprentices overall.

Wanted Poster
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that a character has to have at least 3D in a Force skill before he can teach it. IMHO when a character has at least 3D in each of his Force skills he can be considered a Knight.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY don't like these Tales of the jedi stats. It seems we only get the two extremes of the jedi, either the very weak 1D-2D padawans, or the impossibly powerful masters of 10D+

Where are the strong yet realistic knights of about 5D?!!
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, the skills seem about in line with Tales of the Jedi itself. Most of the Jedi there are either still doing their basic levels of Jedi training or have just completed them and earned the right to call themselves Knights, but they still have more they need to learn before they can become masters.

Wanted Poster
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MA-3PO wrote:
Don't forget that a character has to have at least 3D in a Force skill before he can teach it. IMHO when a character has at least 3D in each of his Force skills he can be considered a Knight.

That cracked me up reading 2nd Edition R&E...on the Connections To The Other Characters, it kept mentioning a Jedi character agreeing to train another...but none of them started with a high enough skill to do so.

Frankly, I would be ticked if I found out my "teacher" was snowing me when he didn't have the skill himself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFamousTommyZ wrote:
Frankly, I would be ticked if I found out my "teacher" was snowing me when he didn't have the skill himself.

...and that is why you fail.

Wink

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedFox wrote:
TheFamousTommyZ wrote:

...and that is why you fail.

Wink

Good thing Jedi don't have a policy against grossly misleading their students...=)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*EDITED BY ADMIN* Moved to the House Rules forum

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Jedi Knights Reply with quote

Stule wrote:
What (in D6) qualifies one as a Jedi Knight and a Jedi Master...Any idea's?

My best guess: Lightsaber (DEX), Jedi Lore (KNO), Lightsaber Technology (TEC), Control, Sense, and Alter.

Generally a character in the Old Republic would be given the trials for knighthood when all of these equaled 5D. A Knight could be considered a master when all of these skills equaled 7D; and considered for the council when all of these skills equaled 9D.

Last edited by Volar the Healer on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a Force Users rank should be directly related to his skills in the force. I don't use Skill totals, as those are grossly misleading and misrepresentative of a characters abilities, but the individual skill die codes. I find this formula works well below, as it fits the stats mentioned for many characters:
Student or Apprentice = Control, Sense, & Alter between 1D & 2D+2 in each
Minor Jedi = Control, Sense, & Alter between 3D & 4D+2 each
Jedi Knight = Control, Sense, & Alter between 5D & 6D+2 each
Jedi Master = Control, Sense, & Alter of Between 6D & 9D each, 0 DSP, and at least 5 Force Points and 1 Student
Jedi Council = Control, Sense, & Alter of at least 10D each, and a number of orce points determined by GM. 0 DSP.

A force user may become a Jedi Knight whenever he passes his trials. Lightsaber skill and construction, the normally the mark of a Jedi, I feel should not be essential, as the Jedi use their powers for knowledge and defense, and the force is their ally. Still, a Lightsaber skill of around 5D is helpful (lower than this has trouble hitting).
Fehya
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with KageRyu stats, but i would suggest that a Master could have 0-1 DSP.
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it depends on role playing the most. A PC must prove that he is wise and brave enough to be a Knight or a Master.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: