The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Knights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Jedi Knights Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Mace Windu has developed a form that requires the possession of a DS point to use. I also think he showed more control over himself than Luke did. Granted, we watched Luke from a "farm boy" to a Jedi Master, and only saw Mace as a master in control of himself.

I guess I can see Luke being admitted to the council, but probably not leading it. Especially not after succumbing to the DS, whether he broke free or not. I think Leia has a better chance of leading the council than Luke does. Going back to the genetic structure of the family. Skywalker men are rash while Leia gains her stability from her mother, Padme.

E
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True... and while I have to admit that I haven't read any of the novels after Rebel Dream, I would say that it's still highly likely that Luke will be on, if not head up, the Jedi Council- which IIRC was in the process of being reformed. He's simply the longest-practicing Jedi, with more knowledge than anyone in regards to the Force. That's not to say more raw power- Kyp Durron is more powerful in that regard. But since he's been actively practicing the Jedi Way for longer than anyone, not to mention that he's the last living Jedi (in the movies and books I've read, anyway) to benefit directly from instruction by both Obi Wan Kenobi AND Yoda, I'd have to say that about wraps it up for him.

Of course, he could always decline the honor...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As from the last books of the NJO, luke heads the council up, with Kennith hammer, Kyp, corran and 2 others, along with 6 non jedi..
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Don't ruin it for me! 8)
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, related question to this Jedi Knights debate/discussion:
I have always had my own method of handling Jedi aprenticeship and masters, and tasks and quests that the master would send his student on for various stages of his training to test him. Still, my curiousity is intrigued and I am always looking to broaden my horizons, so I wanted to know if anyone had more information on the specific tests that Yoda refers to in Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith and in the Clone Wars cartoon. The mirror is mentioned, and I remember seeing reference to it somewhere (what it exactly entails), but what were the other tests? Is there even any official information on these?

Usually I devise a series of tasks and puzzles the Jedi must use his skills for (both force and otherwise) all of at least Difficult level, to prove he is well rounded, competant, and ready to be a Jedi. I usually work in a lot of Knowledge and Perception skill use into these, and a few Stamina, Lifting, and other strength skills.
Draylo Star
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the stuff I have always wondered about I wish that The Sith Lord over at Lucasarts would allow a release of a WEG star wars update book that had all the information But George the Sith Lord will never allow it Darth Greed shall aways win
Kilgore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. First post in the Rancor Pit

I am a game master running a star wars campaign (well duh Rolling Eyes )

But anyways... concerning the powerlevel of Jedi Characters. I remember running and playing Star Wars when the only movies were IV-VI.

The game has changed a lot since the Prequel Trilogy came out. Before that I could never see myself running a game set before the Empire, but with the PT movies out and on DVD I can't keep myself from working on a campaign setting for an Old Republic campaign. The problem is the Jedi Order.

The Jedi seem extremely powerful and it no longer seems plausible to have a Force User with 2D in Control, Sense & Alter and call them a Jedi Knight. The stats for young Jedi or Fallen Jedi are completely rediculous when you look at what characters like Agen Kollar, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli or Anakin who is a "YOUNG JEDI" are able to do.

What to do, what to do? Should I just prevent players from making Jedi Characters or raise the number of dice for the other characters as well?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it as is. THose characters in the films are established ones, not brand spanking new, off the shelf so to speak. So those players can eventually get that powerful, if they earn enough, and have someone to teach them...
Sandokiri
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
Hi. First post in the Rancor Pit

I am a game master running a star wars campaign (well duh Rolling Eyes )

But anyways... concerning the powerlevel of Jedi Characters. I remember running and playing Star Wars when the only movies were IV-VI.

The game has changed a lot since the Prequel Trilogy came out. Before that I could never see myself running a game set before the Empire, but with the PT movies out and on DVD I can't keep myself from working on a campaign setting for an Old Republic campaign. The problem is the Jedi Order.

The Jedi seem extremely powerful and it no longer seems plausible to have a Force User with 2D in Control, Sense & Alter and call them a Jedi Knight. The stats for young Jedi or Fallen Jedi are completely rediculous when you look at what characters like Agen Kollar, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli or Anakin who is a "YOUNG JEDI" are able to do.

What to do, what to do? Should I just prevent players from making Jedi Characters or raise the number of dice for the other characters as well?

First off, Agen, Aayla, and Luminara are all *Jedi Masters,* and none of them are really demonstrated as being much of anything. Agen is *implied* as being among the best swordsmen available, yet he eats red saber rather quickly. Aayla, well, for all her Force skill, she gets toasted by surprise (AT LEAST Ki-Adi-Mundi actually turned around and killed a few clones before going down) and Luminara... again, not much unless you've seen the Clone Wars cartoons.

What advantage Force-users (and especially Jedi) will have in the earlier eras, is that they have a *very easy* time finding training to develop their Force skills. For the WEG rules, no other advantage is needed for them.

And if you need in-universe justification for this, remember that at the time of Episode I, there are what Obi-Wan would later call "ten thousand" Jedi. To think that all of them, or even 1% of them, are uber-cool like those Jedi who sit on the council is a touch silly. Razz
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what is my major toon Maximilian Bernas?
DEX 4D
Lightsaber 9D+2

KNO 3D+1
Alien Races 4D+1
Intimidation 5D+1
Languages 5D
Planetary Systems 4D+2
Scholar: Jedi Lore 5D+2
Scholar: Music 7D
Streetwise 5D
Survival 5D+1
Tactics 7D
Willpower 7D+1

PER 4D
Bargain 5D+1
Command 6D
Con 5D+1
Hide 7D+2
Investigation 5D+1
Persuasion 5D
Search 6D
Sneak 7D+2

TECH 3D
Lightsaber Build/Repair 5D+2
(A) Lightsaber Engineering 5D+1

Force Points: 7
Character Points: 31

CONTROL 9D
SENSE 8D+1
ALTER 7D+2

Would you say padawan, knight, master, or just uber-loser?

Curious...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say this is a very capable Knight, who should be considered for a Master promotion.
Kilgore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master, considering the level of Force skills, Lightsaber combat & Jedi Lore
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Gry. This character is definitely able to take care of himself; he might simply be working the Outer Rim and unable to make it to the temple to get officially promoted. He's going to be a high-level Knight at the very least.

Also remember, the Young Jedi template starts the character out with 5D in ALL the Force skills- not at ALL shabby by any standards, especially for a beginning character. Now, starting equipment may be moderated by the GM of course, but I think part of the reasoning for starting them so high in Force skills is the lack of a lightsaber. A generous GM might be willing to let them have a lightsaber to start with (provided, of course, the player comes up with a GOOD backstory reason why), but might make the player tamp down the Force skills a bit. (I've had this happen myself, and had no problems lowering the starting Force skills to gain the lightsaber.) It's all up to the individual GM, and what kind of flavor they wish their game to have.
Sandokiri
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
I agree with Gry. This character is definitely able to take care of himself; he might simply be working the Outer Rim and unable to make it to the temple to get officially promoted. He's going to be a high-level Knight at the very least.

Also remember, the Young Jedi template starts the character out with 5D in ALL the Force skills- not at ALL shabby by any standards, especially for a beginning character. Now, starting equipment may be moderated by the GM of course, but I think part of the reasoning for starting them so high in Force skills is the lack of a lightsaber. A generous GM might be willing to let them have a lightsaber to start with (provided, of course, the player comes up with a GOOD backstory reason why), but might make the player tamp down the Force skills a bit. (I've had this happen myself, and had no problems lowering the starting Force skills to gain the lightsaber.) It's all up to the individual GM, and what kind of flavor they wish their game to have.

Young Jedi template has 5d? Where do you find that? o.o
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC the jedi templates
Fallen jedi - 1d control, 1d sense, 2 powers
Quixotic jedi - 1d sense, 1 power
Minor jedi - 1d control, 1 power
Young jedi - 1d in all three, 3 powers
Alien student of the force - 1d in all three, 3 powers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: