The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEAPON MODS?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> WEAPON MODS?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackjack
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: WEAPON MODS? Reply with quote

just thought i would ask if anyone know's what books have weapon mods rules .i do know cracken's rebel field guide has some jury rig mod's, but i was looking for non jury rig mod's for weapons from weg d6 . any ideas
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the chapter on (A) Engineering, Hideouts and Strongholds lists Weapons as one of the specializations for the advanced skill and says a character must have 5D in two of the following: blaster repair, capital ship weapon repair, demolitions, and starship weapon repair. So there should be rules somewhere.

Wanted Poster
Krapou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if you can read french, a friend of mine did something about that :

http://trollmetender.free.fr/star_war/

in the 'aides de jeu' section (play aids) there is a file on "complications pour les blasters" (blaster mishaps) and a rule on blaster engineering is included Wink

Even if you are not familiar with french, you may try an automatic translator Idea
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Star Wars R+E allows you to mod weapons with Character Points.

I make my group invent a mod, then spend the Character Points to improve the weapon.

If one of them want to increase the range, then they make a booster pack or scope or whatever, then spend the points.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our campaign, we do it like this: The maximum you can mod any standard weapon is by 1d+2 in damage, so you could enhance a blaster pistol to a maximum of 5d+2.

The price for this is in multiples of the original. weapon price x 1 for the first pip, x 2 for the second pip, etc. So if a standard Blaster Pistol costs 750 credits, it will cost an aditional 750 to tune it to 4d+1, plus 1500 to tune it to 4d+2, plus 2250 to tune it to 5d, and so on...

A fully enhanced blaster pistol would cost around 12.000 credits this way (750 for the base pistol plus 15x750 for the tuning parts), and that's only if you do the modding yourself (requiring difficult to heroic blaster repair rolls) but on the upside: once you did this, you can rely on it. Your blaster pistol won't ever fail or explode in your hands as when firing jury rigged devices (unless you screwed up badly in the blaster repair rolls).
blackjack
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in 2nd revised players book it has the rules to up grad 1d+2 but it says it costs from 5% to 50% on page 59-62
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first edition allowed characters to modify their personal equipment by spending an appropriate amount of credits and rolling the appropriate repair skill -or- paying more credits and hiring someone else to roll for you. If successful, the character spent character points as if he was upgrading a personal skill. Example: A 4D blaster/sublight drive could be upgrated to 4D+1 by rolling a very easy blaster/starship repair and spending 4 character points. The difficulty increased one level for each modification. The maximum modifications was 5. We also used it to reduce armour DEX penalties.

Cracken's Rebel Field Guide gave rules for jury-rigging items in the same way but no character points were spent. These jury rigs are unreliable and fail (sometimes spectacularly) when a 1 is rolled on the wild die.

The players like this rule so much, we still use it although we play 2nd edition (mostly).
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, First edition had some very handy rules for equipment modification and enhancement. There were some rules in Second Edition, but I did not feel they were as nicely done. The ones in Crackens Rebel Field Guide work for simple jurry rigging and PCs who are cheap and don't want to spend CP on improving a weapon. But, the theory behind the rules in First was that some equipment became an extension of a character (A smuggler's ship, a bounty hunter's armor, a merc's blaster), and when you spend hard earned CP to up a weapon or item's abilities, you sure don't want to lose it.

I sure wish Icould track down Digital Copies of the first edition rule book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: