The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TARDAR, Irritable Former HoloNet Sensation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> TARDAR, Irritable Former HoloNet Sensation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: TARDAR, Irritable Former HoloNet Sensation Reply with quote

A long time ago... upon seeing this 2013 g+ post (https://goo.gl/734BEw) from hisham, wherein his papermini artwork depicts
a PC as "Grumpy Cat," I'd been checking with him every so often to see if the original (presumed lost) drawing ever turned up,
to no avail... until now. Last night, through sheer luck, I stumbled upon a long forgotten post of that papermini's original artwork.
And so:

TARDAR
Type: Irritable Former HoloNet Sensation
DEXTERITY 3D
Dodge 4D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Cultures: HoloNet 6D+2, planetary systems 4D+2, willpower 6D, willpower: resist joy 7D+2
MECHANICAL 2D+2
PERCEPTION 4D

Con: acting 4D+1, persuasion 5D+2, persuasion: naysaying 6D+2
STRENGTH 2D+1
TECHNICAL 2D+1

Species: Togorian
Character Points: 1
Move: 14
Equipment: Assorted media and merchandise bearing own likeness, credit chip (6D buying power).

Species Special Abilities:
    Claws: Togorian claws inflict STR+1D damage in combat.

Teeth: Togorian teeth inflict STR+2D damage in combat.

Story Factors:
    Celebrity: Due to this ill-tempered Togorian's instantly recognizable sour expression and once formidable fame,
    Tarder suffers a +2D penalty to the difficulty of any attempts at remaining inconspicuous in a crowd, or at maintaining anonymity once seen.

Grumpy: Tardar excels at exuding annoyance and maintaining steadfast negativity. In game terms, Tardar may immediately
    reroll a failed willpower check made to resist encouragement, or resist developing positive assessments of someone or something.
    In fact, it was this unshakably dour disposition that first gained Tardar galactic notoriety via widely seen and shared HoloNet posts.

Intimidation:
    Many beings fear Togorians because of their large size, and vicious-looking claws and teeth.
    Due to Tardar's celebrity however, any in-game benefit gained via the typical Togorian appearance has long since eroded.

Issues with Communication: Togorians are perfectly capable of understanding Basic, but they rarely speak it,
    which causes many beings to assume that the Togorians are unintelligent. This annoys the Togorians,
    and they are likely to become enraged if they are not treated like intelligent beings.

Sources: Artwork by hisham. Stats by Telsij.

Last edited by Telsij on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see that pic you put in the description. Crying or Very sad
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I can't see that pic you put in the description. Crying or Very sad

Oh Noo0O0ooo! Just a big old red X, eh? Dang, I can see it. I wonder if that is an issue for others.

It's this image here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/109748841977583943933/5869449450252643538?icm=false&authkey=CKPvmofk0MLGbQ
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: TARDAR, Irritable Former HoloNet Sensation Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
A long time ago... upon seeing this 2013 g+ post (https://goo.gl/734BEw) from hisham, wherein his papermini artwork depicts
a PC as "Grumpy Cat," I'd been checking with him every so often to see if the original (presumed lost) drawing ever turned up,
to no avail... until now. Last night, through sheer luck, I stumbled upon a long forgotten post of that papermini's original artwork.
And so:

TARDAR
Type: Irritable Former HoloNet Sensation
DEXTERITY 3D
Dodge 4D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Cultures: HoloNet 6D+2, planetary systems 4D+2, willpower 6D, willpower: resist joy 7D+2
MECHANICAL 2D+2
PERCEPTION 4D

Con: acting 4D+1, persuasion 5D+2, persuasion: naysaying 6D+2
STRENGTH 2D+1
TECHNICAL 2D+1

Species: Togorian
Character Points: 1
Move: 14
Equipment: Assorted media and merchandise bearing own likeness, credit chip (6D buying power).

Species Special Abilities:
    Claws: Togorian claws inflict STR+1D damage in combat.

Teeth: Togorian teeth inflict STR+2D damage in combat.

Story Factors:
    Celebrity: Due to this ill-tempered Togorian's instantly recognizable sour expression and once formidable fame,
    Tarder suffers a +2D penalty to the difficulty of any attempts at remaining inconspicuous in a crowd, or at maintaining anonymity once seen.

Grumpy: Tardar excels at exuding annoyance and maintaining steadfast negativity. In game terms, Tardar may immediately
    reroll a failed willpower check made to resist encouragement, or resist developing positive assessments of someone or something.
    In fact, it was this unshakably dour disposition that first gained Tardar galactic notoriety via widely seen and shared HoloNet posts.

Intimidation:
    Many beings fear Togorians because of their large size, and vicious-looking claws and teeth.
    Due to Tardar's celebrity however, any in-game benefit gained via the typical Togorian appearance has long since eroded.

Issues with Communication: Togorians are perfectly capable of understanding Basic, but they rarely speak it,
    which causes many beings to assume that the Togorians are unintelligent. This annoys the Togorians,
    and they are likely to become enraged if they are not treated like intelligent beings.

Sources: Artwork by hisham. Stats by Telsij.

Nice! I can see it. I love Hish's stuff.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: TARDAR, Irritable Former HoloNet Sensation Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Nice! I can see it. I love Hish's stuff.

I dig his stuff as well! And though this may be beating a dead horse,
I was recently reminded of this Dug title, though it of course preceded the meme:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Doge

If Hish's RPG group wings up creating a Dug character -- or if he's ever inclined to
include one in his papermini series -- I think I'm going to request that he make it
an homage to the Doge meme, as a former HoloNet celeb companion to Grumpy here.
Perhaps the Dug entered politics after his 15 cycles of fame ended?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: