The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Brak sector 3D star system model
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Brak sector 3D star system model
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purzelkater
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Brak sector 3D star system model Reply with quote

My group is playing on the Brak sector and there is a map of the star systems in the sourcebook. Sadly the space is not 2D. So it's a little bit difficult to imagine the real positions of the systems on the space.

My solution was to create a 3D model of the Brak sector, based on the map on the sourcebook. Here you can see the result. Now it's easy to see the position of every star system.

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty damn nifty! Very Happy
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a very nice tool. I assume the colors denote which planets are restricted/not restricted and which are Imperial and Rebel planets?
Purzelkater
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I assume the colors denote which planets are restricted/not restricted and which are Imperial and Rebel planets?

Yes, that's right. Red are systems with Imperial fleet staging areas. Blue are systems with Rebel bases or outposts. Brown systems are known for criminal activities (or under control of pirates). System either Imperial or Rebels are yellow (but most of them are under control of the local Lant Mining Corporation). And at last the systems on the the Aramand Cluster are green.

X-Y plane is based on the map on the sourcebook. Because the sectors main system (Bracana) is on the 0 level (X/Y/Z = 0/0/0) I had to raise all systems on the Z axis. So Bracana is level zero but not at the bottom of the model. But the height (X-Z plane) of the systems have the same relation as on the X-Y plane.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Brak sector 3D star system model Reply with quote

Purzelkater wrote:
My group is playing on the Brak sector and there is a map of the star systems in the sourcebook. Sadly the space is not 2D. So it's a little bit difficult to imagine the real positions of the systems on the space.

My solution was to create a 3D model of the Brak sector, based on the map on the sourcebook. Here you can see the result. Now it's easy to see the position of every star system.

Well done, sir. Excellent visual aid, as well as a fine sculptural piece / model in its own right!
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nice. Well done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: