The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Which version of D6 would you use to run a game today?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Which version of D6 would you use to run a game today?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddystabz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Which version of D6 would you use to run a game today? Reply with quote

I’m currently working with another bloke to run the Indiana Jones Adventures D6 game but am not sure which version of the D6 rules would work best with this game. I have heard great things about the Star Wars RPG 1st. edition, as it keeps the game simple and fast moving, which would be needed for an Indiana Jones game. Do you all think 1st. edition Star Wars would work well with Indiana Jones Adventures? The Indy sourcebook mentions you can use Advantages and Disadvantages in the game, which I assume I could add from the 2nd. Edition Revised and Expanded book if we decide to use them. Also, do you think I should add Advanced skills based on the skill lists in Indiana Jones Adventures?

Would I be better off using Star Wars 1st. edition as our rules basis or some other version of the D6 rules?
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, for fast and simple, yes.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Which version of D6 would you use to run a game today? Reply with quote

daddystabz wrote:
I’m currently working with another bloke to run the Indiana Jones Adventures D6 game but am not sure which version of the D6 rules would work best with this game. I have heard great things about the Star Wars RPG 1st. edition, as it keeps the game simple and fast moving, which would be needed for an Indiana Jones game. Do you all think 1st. edition Star Wars would work well with Indiana Jones Adventures? The Indy sourcebook mentions you can use Advantages and Disadvantages in the game, which I assume I could add from the 2nd. Edition Revised and Expanded book if we decide to use them. Also, do you think I should add Advanced skills based on the skill lists in Indiana Jones Adventures?

Would I be better off using Star Wars 1st. edition as our rules basis or some other version of the D6 rules?
jmanski wrote:
IMHO, for fast and simple, yes.

Hey 'stabz. Nice to see you around again.

Is there any particular reason you created two separate threads for this question on the same day? This is messy and confusing so we want to avoid this when possible. (There's very little moderation here as it is.) We don't have the technology to merge threads here so I'm just closing this thread with a link to the other one, since the other has more replies.

Arrow http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6607
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: