The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Grenades
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Grenades Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what would the base difficulty be? Also, as it is being used as a reaction would it not take the place of the grenade throwers diff?? (or should it not take the place, like all other reaction skills do)...
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
But what would the base difficulty be? Also, as it is being used as a reaction would it not take the place of the grenade throwers diff?? (or should it not take the place, like all other reaction skills do)...

The base difficulty would be based off the size and weight of the object. Grenades are relatively small, so it would probably be around V. Easy to Easy, depending on the grenade. TK doesn't work the way a normal reaction skill rolls, this type of contest is really more of an Oposed roll, where the throwers skill would increase the difficulty for the Jedi. Also, given the variance of a grenade set on timer I might add another 1D random modifier to the difficulty to reflect time before detonation (maybe he doesn't have enough time). The Jedi would suffer the usual Multi Action Penalties to his skill, as always.

The Proton Torpedos and Concussion Missile you mention earlier are a whole other matter, and it's like comparing Apples to Oranges. Different scales, larger objects, and faster moving. A Jedi would need to be strong in the force to stop those.
Vanion
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search and came up short for my question involving grenades. My question really doesn't have anything to do with the original post on this thread, but it does have to do with grenades... so instead of starting a brand new thread, I thought I'd just ask it here...

I swear that in a WEG book I found "sticky grenades"... grenades that would spray a gooey substance over an area, immobilizing the target. I poured through a bunch of my books, but I couldn't find any such grenade. I searched the forums here and also came up empty handed. Did I just imagine such a grenade? Can anyone help me out? If nobody has ever heard of such an item, then any advice on creating the item would also come in handy. Thanks
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanion wrote:
I did a search and came up short for my question involving grenades. My question really doesn't have anything to do with the original post on this thread, but it does have to do with grenades... so instead of starting a brand new thread, I thought I'd just ask it here...

I swear that in a WEG book I found "sticky grenades"... grenades that would spray a gooey substance over an area, immobilizing the target. I poured through a bunch of my books, but I couldn't find any such grenade. I searched the forums here and also came up empty handed. Did I just imagine such a grenade? Can anyone help me out? If nobody has ever heard of such an item, then any advice on creating the item would also come in handy. Thanks

The grenades you speak of are called Glop grenades and can be found in the Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glop Grenades are one of the bread and butter items in my group. We all use 'em all the time.

We've even made some home rules about them.

One: Glop burns. Pretty fire.

Two: Glop doesn't allow air to pass through it easily. If you cover someone's face with Glop, they can suffocate. So it's not a PERFECT Non-Lethal weapon (The proper term is "Low-Lethality".).

Three: Glop Grenades come with a cansiter of solvent that only dissolves Glop. You spray it on, and it just chemically melts off. No fuss, no muss, minor staining of clothing.
Vanion
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
The grenades you speak of are called Glop grenades and can be found in the Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook.

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to look in that book
Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of having something that the Jedi just can't use the Force to defend themselves against unlesss they are really powerful. I agree with KageRyu, that if htey ae using the TK ability or similiar, it would be opposed roll between the throwing skill and the jedi's roll. And how much he beats it by is like that for the dodging. If you dodge a gernade, but just by a little bit, don't you still get caught in a lower-damage blast radius? Makes sense to do that for TK. "Ha! I caught your nade!" "Yeah, but it's still three feet from your face....."

~T
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the rules, yes dodging just places you into a lesser damage 'radius' though i have seen several gaming groups that allow a dodge to completly get you out the radius..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: