The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Death From Above!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Death From Above!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Death From Above! Reply with quote

I saw a cool tactic in the Poe Dameron comic.

THIS IS A SLIGHT SPOILER, SO DON'T READ THIS IF YOU PLAN TO READ THE COMIC. SPECIFICALLY, IT'S FROM VOL 2.

Situation: Poe is on a cold planet. Baddies are chasing him. He's on foot.

Poe runs into a frozen cave. The baddies are on his heels. He doesn't have much time.

BB-8 uses his extension line (we saw him use it inside the Falcon when Rey was twisting and turning the ship during the quick combat maneuvers) to rat-a-tat-tat himself up to the roof of the cave. There, hanging in the darkness, BB-8 can't be seen from the floor.

The baddies walk in, and BB-8 ropy-ropes himself above the group, next to a stalactite. Out comes the droid's little flamer. He melts the base of the base of the stalactite until the weight of itself cracks it off the cave roof. It falls and smashes into the baddie group below.

Cool!

Pardon the pun.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Death From Above! Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
I saw a cool tactic in the Poe Dameron comic.

THIS IS A SLIGHT SPOILER, SO DON'T READ THIS IF YOU PLAN TO READ THE COMIC. SPECIFICALLY, IT'S FROM VOL 2.

Situation: Poe is on a cold planet. Baddies are chasing him. He's on foot.

Poe runs into a frozen cave. The baddies are on his heels. He doesn't have much time.

BB-8 uses his extension line (we saw him use it inside the Falcon when Rey was twisting and turning the ship during the quick combat maneuvers) to rat-a-tat-tat himself up to the roof of the cave. There, hanging in the darkness, BB-8 can't be seen from the floor.

The baddies walk in, and BB-8 ropy-ropes himself above the group, next to a stalactite. Out comes the droid's little flamer. He melts the base of the base of the stalactite until the weight of itself cracks it off the cave roof. It falls and smashes into the baddie group below.

Cool!

Pardon the pun.

Where did BB come from? From your description Poe was alone when he was being chased. Was it waiting in the cave?
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Death From Above! Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Where did BB come from? From your description Poe was alone when he was being chased. Was it waiting in the cave?

I was trying to be minimalistic in case someone was reading the comic. I was trying to relay the idea without giving away too many details about the actual scene in the book.

But, now that I know about the make-shift spoiler work around (thanks to Whill), I'll say that Poe crash lands on this icy world. He's got BB-8 with him, plus C-3PO and another droid. They all go into the cave with Terex and his minions in pursuit. Poe and the droids go deeper into the cave while BB-8 remains for the ambush.

I just thought it a neat idea--a neat use of BB-8's capabilities.

BB-8 must have some special programing, because (at least according to the D6 game) most droids cannot attack or cause harm to humans.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Life Preservation Circuits (IIRC they're called that) can be circumvented. In addition, BB-8 is like a military grade astromech droid, and may never had them to start with.

After all, Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids are droids (says so right in the name) but they gun down loads of people. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: