The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

When will your country get Disney+?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> When will your country get Disney+?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you care about spoilers, when will your country get Disney+?
My country has it now.
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
March 24, 2020
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Summer 2020
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
After Summer 2020 or unknown
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject: When will your country get Disney+? Reply with quote

Please vote in the poll for when your country got/will get Disney+ if you care about spoilers for the new Star Wars content on Disney+ (The Mandalorian, The Clone Wars season 7, etc.). Voting in the poll will help determine an all-encompassing new Disney+ Star Wars spoiler policy. [Poll closed]

Regions that currently have Disney+
United States
Canada
Netherlands
Puerto Rico
Australia
New Zealand

March 24, 2020 Launch Date
Austria
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Spain
Switzerland
United Kingdom

Summer 2020 Launch Date(s)
Belgium
Portugal
Iceland
Denmark
Norway
Sweden
Finland

Disney+ will launch in Latin America over the course of three months starting as early as October 2020. Eastern Europe will be over the course of a year starting as early as October 2020. Asia Pacific will be over the course of two years starting anytime - the company hasn't specified yet. Disney plans to launch in India and parts of Southeast Asia as soon as the second half of 2020, according to two anonymous sources.

If you have any information to add to Disney+ release dates or otherwise related to this topic, please post a reply. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well damn, didn't know it got pushed back in my country, didn't know about the timeline being pushed back. Sadly I found an article to confirm this...
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OuttaWindu wrote:
Well damn, didn't know it got pushed back in my country, didn't know about the timeline being pushed back. Sadly I found an article to confirm this...

Hopefully it will move forward again. Please post any updates you happen to hear about. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Aelwe
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

March 24 for me (Spain). And just yesterday the announced the very bad idea that they'll be releasing The Mandalorian on a weekly basis. Even if half the world has already seen it and spoilers are all over the place. Not really worried as I have already seen it, however I will have to avoid Clone Wars spoilers for a month or so at least.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aelwe wrote:
March 24 for me (Spain). And just yesterday the announced the very bad idea that they'll be releasing The Mandalorian on a weekly basis. Even if half the world has already seen it and spoilers are all over the place. Not really worried as I have already seen it, however I will have to avoid Clone Wars spoilers for a month or so at least.

Thank you for chiming in, Aelwe. I'm happy for you that it is the soonest future date.

I posted a new Rancor Pit Spoiler Policy with special processes for The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars-Final Season.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: When will your country get Disney+? Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
March 24, 2020 Launch Date
Austria
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Spain
Switzerland
United Kingdom

Congrats to more of our European friends who are starting to get Disney+. Now you have something else to do in your quarantines. I hope Disney+ isn't too glitchy for you. If they are throttling video streams then you won't really get to fully appreciate the 4K CT. My understanding is that the first two episodes of The Mandalorian are available at launch, then the third one on Friday, and then one or two a week after that. For TCW season 7, my understanding is that you get a couple new episodes a week until you catch up to us in the first wave of D+, and then we will all be on the same release schedule for the rest of the season. When you catch up with us in TCW, please join the discussion at the TCW thread below. When you finish The Mandalorian, please do the same for that thread. In the mean time, please see the Rancor Pit's Disney+ Spoiler Policy. Thanks.

The Mandalorian
The Clone Wars - Season 7
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mandalorian Season 2 starting has reminded me to revisit this. Disney Plus has been launched in these countries.

It is being tentatively launched in Brazil and perhaps Latin America this month (the original info was that it would be rolled it between October and December 2020). Eastern Europe is supposed to be the first half of 2021. Asia and Pacific countries are supposed to be throughout 2021. Supposedly, all countries that allow D+ are supposed to have access to it by November of 2021.

As far as I can tell, there have not been any legal, authorized releases of The Mandalorian Season 1 or The Clone Wars Season 7 on any format to own (Please do not post links to or discuss bootlegs copies for sale on eBay, etc. anywhere on the Rancor Pit). These would appear to remain the domain of Disney Plus subscriber-only content. Since I went through all the trouble to create a Disney Plus Spoiler Policy, I'm ok with maintaining it, but I am still interested in hearing from anyone who posts here if their country doesn't have Disney Plus yet. (If you have Disney Plus illegally, please do not mention that anywhere on the forums.)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: D+ Access? Reply with quote

Any non-lurkers still don't have access to Disney Plus or D+ content through third-party distribution? According to Wikipedia, these are the countries with planned 2021 roll-outs that still don't have access:

Quote:
Eastern Europe
Hong Kong
Malaysia
Philippines
South Korea
Taiwan
Thailand

Not all profiles indicate location, but I do not have the impression that there are many (if any) posting users from these countries. If your country doesn't have D+ content and you care about Rancor Pit Spoiler Policy updates, please chime in. If no one replies, I have to presume it is because you have D+ or do not care about spoilers.

I am thinking about updating the spoiler policy to only protect spoilers in non-spoiler threads for two weeks after any new content is added. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: