The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Enhancement Skills
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Jedi Enhancement Skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Jedi Enhancement Skills Reply with quote

This is a question about the jedi enhancement skills, i.e. enhance attribute, enhance skill, dogfight sense, starfighter piloting, instinctive astrogation, and a few others i cant remember off-hand (i gotta go pick up all my sheets tomorrow)

do these and similar skills add the die directly to the roll, or do you only get a percentage of the dice?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, according to the TotJ Companion, Enhance Attribute allows you to enhance an attribute by 1D-3D, but the duration effects drop the higher you increase by. 1D lasts three rounds, 2D two rounds, and 3D three rounds. The Sense power Instinctive Astrogation merely means a Jedi doesn't need a navicomputer to calculate hyper jumps and basically sense their way through.

Wanted Poster
Allembrande
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whad does lesser force-sheild do, exactly?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I was wondering is: Should you factor in the multiple action penalty for raising this power? The rules sound like you should, but then if you gained 1D for 3 rounds from this power, you would loose it because you'd also get -1D for taking one action to keep the power rasied....
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allembrande wrote:
Whad does lesser force-sheild do, exactly?

From the TotJ Companion, page 65:

Quote:
This power allows the Jedi to surround his body with a Force-generated shield. The shield can be used to repel energy and physical matter away from the Jedi's body, down to the molecular level.

The shield acts as STR+1D armor to all energy and physical attacks made against the Jedi, including non-direction attacks such as gas clouds and grenade blasts. The shield is not particularly strong, but can sometimes be just enough to protect the Jedi from serious injury.

Wanted Poster
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bring up a vary good point Gry...

If was asked that same question in a game I think my spot ruling would be this:

You don't have to keep the power "UP", as if you did, obviously the duration would be infinite. So once the power is used, the temporary boost from the force begins on the following round, but slowly dissipates.

I think this was the intent.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Kage. That is one of the few times a 'up power' imo should NOT be included for MAPS..

Though i do have one. Do you choose which bonus level you are going for, and have to beat the diff, or do you just roll and apply the bonus for what you beat???

EG Jassix the jedi wishes to enhance his strength to lift a landspeeder off his companion. DOES HE A) choose to add 2D, and roll hoping to get a 25+, OR B) roll, and what level he beats, is what he gets?
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont quite understand the way he put that, maybe because i just woke up, but Say this Jedi wants to use his 'Enhance Attribute' skill to boost his Dex for that blaster bolt coming his way... does he -have- to take the 3D6 for 3 rounds, or can he choose to use 9D6 for 1 round? or would it only give him 1D6 for that said dodge attemp?

or all said, is this merely whatever is decided by the MOG?
Exclamation Question
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I agree, Kage. That is one of the few times a 'up power' imo should NOT be included for MAPS..

Though i do have one. Do you choose which bonus level you are going for, and have to beat the diff, or do you just roll and apply the bonus for what you beat???

EG Jassix the jedi wishes to enhance his strength to lift a landspeeder off his companion. DOES HE A) choose to add 2D, and roll hoping to get a 25+, OR B) roll, and what level he beats, is what he gets?

Hmmm, I would say it would really be a GM's call. I am inclined to say that the level should be chosen, then you must roll that difficulty, but I could see how both have their advantages and setbacks. In situations in doubt, I think I will go with gut instinct, choose your bonus and then roll (though the GM could optionally allow a lesser bonus if that difficulty was passed without matching full difficulty?).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: