The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The CRMcNeill Stat Index Update & Feedback Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> The CRMcNeill Stat Index Update & Feedback Page Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something odd is happening with the Index; the links no longer go directly to the linked post, but are instead are opening up several posts below the post in question? Is anyone else having this problem?

Whill, I know you've removed a handful of posts. Is it possible that the removed numbers are throwing off the links?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Something odd is happening with the Index; the links no longer go directly to the linked post, but are instead are opening up several posts below the post in question? Is anyone else having this problem?

Whill, I know you've removed a handful of posts. Is it possible that the removed numbers are throwing off the links?

I haven't been removing posts. The Inactive PhP announcement was a notice that some threads will be removed on or after March 20th.

And deleting posts shouldn't do do that anyway. All posts have numbers based on when they are first created, but other posts being deleted should have no effect on other post's original post number. Buried deep in threads, I have posted links directly to other posts in other threads, so I'll check some of those to see if that happened with mine too.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The examples I could think of checked out.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Starfighters & Scout Ships

Imperial...

I just went through this entire post on your index and every single link went to the correct post, except for the third one above (TIE/sr & TIE/ar). It has the same link as the one ship above it (TIE/la).

The TIEs /sr & /ar link's URL should be updated to: http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=176707#176707

Do that and I think you're golden.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through Space Transports on the Index and all those links are good. Then I went through Ground Vehicles & Airspeeders, and I found that you have the incorrect URL for the V-35 Passenger Landspeeder. It should be:

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=162619#162619

The site is working like it's supposed to. You're going to have to keep going through your whole index and check the URLs, fixing the ones that are off.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd. It seems to only be doing it on my tablet...

Whill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, after correcting those couple URLs, if you are otherwise going to the wrong part of the page, then I would have to say it is probably your tablet's browser. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I've been using the updated scale system in my play-test game of New Recruits and Rebel Guns.

A skiff with an E-WEB mounted on it, made short work of 2 AT-STs in the forest. Since using your scale system, AT-ST's are Speeder scale, so it was 8D Damage rolling against 7D soak. I have also begun using wild die for damage and soak, which is the way the rules are written. So, I'll admit that the final round, both rolls got bonus damage from the wild die.

With the 4D Bonus to be hit, the Walkers managed to last 3 rounds before both being destroyed by decent damage rolls. The 2nd walker being destroyed the first round after it joined the fight.

How does this affect your viewing of the AT-ST's stats as written?

Edit:
I managed to dig up your changed stats for the AT-ST. I bet with the increased armor of 1D, they probably would have lasted a bit longer against the E-WEB's fire.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How well was the at-st's return fire working against hitting the skiff?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How well was the at-st's return fire working against hitting the skiff?

Not very well. The Skiff managed a gutsy flying move to move past and behind the after it took the initial barrage destroying its concussion grenade launcher. The Walker pilot failed his roll to turn the AT-ST around with a low roll and a 1 on the wild die.

The second barrage knocked out maneuverability, and a lucky damage roll with an E-11 scored controls ionized which locked the AT-ST on speed and course for 2 rounds.

The next round, I had a second AT-ST burst through the tree line, the E-WEB Gunner won initiative and declared two bursts, one at each AT-ST, starting with the fresh one. Lucky damage roll destroyed the thing on the first burst. He then turned it on the damaged one and scored a destroyed on it as well.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple things to keep in mind is that, under my system, E-WEBs have been modified, too. In particular, their damage is reduced to 7D, but they have been given a 3D Auto-Fire rating, which can be added to damage at Short and Point-blank range.

In addition, I use the RoE optional damage rules at a 3/1 ratio, with damage increasing by 1 for every 3 points of success. Factoring in a +4D Scale modifier and the 2D=7 Rule of Thumb, that adds up to an additional 4-5 points on the Damage roll.

Although, seeing as how the E-WEB is the SWU equivalent of the M2 .50 Heavy Machinegun it would not be amiss to bump the E-WEB up to Swoop (+2D) Scale. From what I understand, while the M2 can be used against infantry, it's better suited to vehicles and similarly sized targets.

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I haven't been playing around with auto-fire dice much, but I figured you might have had something else there.

Honestly, I bet those AT-ST's would have been significantly more threatening just using the extra D in armor. I'm using the +1/3 for hits as well, which that, with Wild die was how an E-11 was able to score a controls ionized on an AT-ST.

I'll probably end up using your modified E-WEB stats as well if anyone comes across one to use in the future.
Jollyone
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the +1 for each 3 on hit roll. I really like the idea. I am guessing this is a house rule? ANyhow did some quick numbers and seems to help out with nice added bonus for "good" shot. Like to know if others use it much?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jollyone wrote:
I missed the +1 for each 3 on hit roll. I really like the idea. I am guessing this is a house rule? ANyhow did some quick numbers and seems to help out with nice added bonus for "good" shot. Like to know if others use it much?

It's actually a derivative of the Optional Damage Rule found in Rules of Engagement. The book suggested either a 1/1 ratio (which I thought was way too lethal) or a 1/5 ratio (which wasn't lethal enough), so I split the difference and went with 1/3.

IMO, the 1/1 ratio is particularly ridiculous, as it effectively cancels out Scale Modifiers, but YMMV.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill, is there a limit to how many links you can put in a single post? I've been trying to add a ship to the Capital Ships post, and the URL refuses to post as a link.

Whill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Whill, is there a limit to how many links you can put in a single post? I've been trying to add a ship to the Capital Ships post, and the URL refuses to post as a link.

Not that I am aware of. Please share here or PM the full URL+text coding for the vehicles you are trying to post. I'll try it and see if it tells me anything.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: