The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The CRMcNeill Stat Index Feedback Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> The CRMcNeill Stat Index Feedback Page Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something odd is happening with the Index; the links no longer go directly to the linked post, but are instead are opening up several posts below the post in question? Is anyone else having this problem?

Whill, I know you've removed a handful of posts. Is it possible that the removed numbers are throwing off the links?
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Something odd is happening with the Index; the links no longer go directly to the linked post, but are instead are opening up several posts below the post in question? Is anyone else having this problem?

Whill, I know you've removed a handful of posts. Is it possible that the removed numbers are throwing off the links?

I haven't been removing posts. The Inactive PhP announcement was a notice that some threads will be removed on or after March 20th.

And deleting posts shouldn't do do that anyway. All posts have numbers based on when they are first created, but other posts being deleted should have no effect on other post's original post number. Buried deep in threads, I have posted links directly to other posts in other threads, so I'll check some of those to see if that happened with mine too.

"Tell that to Kanjiklub."
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The examples I could think of checked out.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Starfighters & Scout Ships

Imperial...

I just went through this entire post on your index and every single link went to the correct post, except for the third one above (TIE/sr & TIE/ar). It has the same link as the one ship above it (TIE/la).

The TIEs /sr & /ar link's URL should be updated to: http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=176707#176707

Do that and I think you're golden.

Whill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through Space Transports on the Index and all those links are good. Then I went through Ground Vehicles & Airspeeders, and I found that you have the incorrect URL for the V-35 Passenger Landspeeder. It should be:

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=162619#162619

The site is working like it's supposed to. You're going to have to keep going through your whole index and check the URLs, fixing the ones that are off.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd. It seems to only be doing it on my tablet...
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, after correcting those couple URLs, if you are otherwise going to the wrong part of the page, then I would have to say it is probably your tablet's browser. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: