The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Update your PROFILE (Email/Avatar/Timezone)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Update your PROFILE (Email/Avatar/Timezone)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:47 am    Post subject: Update your PROFILE (Email/Avatar/Timezone) Reply with quote

1. Email address – Make sure you have a working valid email address. This is vital for recovering access to the Pit if you forget your password.

2. Avatar – Choose an avatar. If you do not, one will be chosen for you.

3. Timezone – If you care about posts having an accurate timestamp based on your location when you are logged in, then select a Timezone.

I have the Pit default to my timezone (Eastern USA), meaning that is the timezone seen when you are not logged in, and when you are logged in if you don't update the timezone setting in your profile. But the timezone setting in your profile can be used so that when you are logged in, the site shows your own timezone.

Unfortunately the website's daylight saving time setting has never worked since before I became an admin. So I manually update the Pit's default time and my own profile's timezone twice a year. Now that daylight saving time has ended, the Pit defaults to Eastern Standard Time: GMT –5 Hours.

For those in my timezone in places that have also daylight saving time, you never have to update your timezone setting. For those elsewhere in the continental US, Central Standard Time is GMT –6 Hours, Mountain Standard Time is GMT –7 Hours, and Pacific Standard Time GMT –8 Hours. (For other places in the world, see the link below.) When daylight saving time returns, add one hour (–5 becomes –4, –6 becomes –5, etc.). Then when it ends we subtract the hour and the vicious cycle continues.

[RANT]Daylight saving time is stupid and we should be able to define our own time zone, so we need to just make daylight saving time permanent. It gets dark too damn early now.[/END RANT]

https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-oh-columbus
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: