The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Boohiss part 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Boohiss part 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject: Boohiss part 2. Reply with quote

A while back my brother had to go into hospital, and had some of his foot chopped off. I think i told you all about it.
NOW my mother went into hospital this afternoon, apparently from a possible burst ulcer.. Man this year is the pits!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Boohiss part 2. Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
A while back my brother had to go into hospital, and had some of his foot chopped off. I think i told you all about it.
NOW my mother went into hospital this afternoon, apparently from a possible burst ulcer.. Man this year is the pits!

Oh gosh, that's horrible. I pray for healing and comfort.

I never had one burst, but I did harbor the H. pylori bacteria that causes ulcers in my stomach for several years before they found the problem. My stomach was one big ulcer but I had a quack doctor who just ordered a blood test which came back negative, so all I did was throw meds at it to address the symptoms and suffer. It was physically painful just to be hungry. Then I switched doctors and the first thing the new doctor said was that the blood tests were largely inconclusive, so the only way to know for sure if I had the bacteria was to get the upper endoscopy where they knocked me out and sent a tool down my throat to take pictures of my stomach and snip out some of the lining to bring it up and test it. And wouldn't you know, I tested positive. So I had to take I regimen of antibiotics. The first choice (most effective) included penicillin which I am allergic too, so they altered it and after 2 weeks the bacteria was gone from my stomach and it began to heal. I've been ulcer free for 15 years now (knock on wood).

I hope they can cure her of ulcers. No fun.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so horrible, I am so sorry.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from the last call i had last night, her blood pressure was coming back up after hydrating her, but they'd not yet gotten to the doc to investigate if it WAS a burst ulcer or not.. Hell, the only 2 calls i've gotten today from them, was one as a reminder "my mother is in the hospital' (DUH I WAS the one who called them!), and someone from billing.. Though they're looking at putting her under medicade... Since she's a UK citizen (and thus in the UK NHS), she's not gotten any stateside health insurance..
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last i heard (yesterday), she was doing better. Still had a tube down her throat, and wasn't able to eat (cause of the scarring), but they hope she'll be able to come home either saturday, or first thing next week...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard anything recently, though the last call i got, said the 28th, they'll be doing their next scan, to see if the tear healed up, and if so, that's when she can come home... However, every day i've tried calling the hospital to get to her room phone, and it just keeps ringing.. so i've not been able to talk to her...
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Not heard anything recently, though the last call i got, said the 28th, they'll be doing their next scan, to see if the tear healed up, and if so, that's when she can come home... However, every day i've tried calling the hospital to get to her room phone, and it just keeps ringing.. so i've not been able to talk to her...

Is she home yet? Any better?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Came home the 29th.. Lost around 20lb while in though. BUT feeling much better.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got more bad news today. I already mentioned about her swolen feet, that the docs THOUGHT was just water retention. Turns out she's got at LEAST 2 clots in her anckle, and poss a clogged artery in her thigh.
Got that word from a cardio scan they did on her leg, monday. Checked her in (as per the doc) today, and they're putting her on blood thinners, to see if that can work, nbut they will be doing more scans (inc a CT scan), to see if its bad enough she may loose her leg, OR if they can save it.. They say, right now it seems 50/50.. BUT will know more tomorrow....

BOOOOOO! ANd this after my BROTHER had his foot amputated the other year.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, sorry to hear about this, garhkal. Crying or Very sad
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Got more bad news today. I already mentioned about her swolen feet, that the docs THOUGHT was just water retention. Turns out she's got at LEAST 2 clots in her anckle, and poss a clogged artery in her thigh.
Got that word from a cardio scan they did on her leg, monday. Checked her in (as per the doc) today, and they're putting her on blood thinners, to see if that can work, nbut they will be doing more scans (inc a CT scan), to see if its bad enough she may loose her leg, OR if they can save it.. They say, right now it seems 50/50.. BUT will know more tomorrow....

BOOOOOO! ANd this after my BROTHER had his foot amputated the other year.

The CT scan will find anything wrong. I got one for a gallbladder attack and they found kidney stones and an aneurysm in two different parts of my torso they weren't even looking in. This year I'm due to get my bi-annual CT scan for my cardiologist to look at my (hopefully still shelled) aneurysm.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope so. I am not sure if the doc, was just being overbearing on it, so we know the worst.. OR if he was being serious...
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel there are no words that I could offer that could possibly give any comfort.
It is so very difficult to watch a loved one go through serious medical issues such as this and it leaves us feeling so very powerless.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly he was to do some scan of her legs last night (around midnight), but all through the night, and today while at the hospital, we spoke to NO ONE about her legs.. Though the swelling has gone down on her left foot, due to the blood thinners..

So here's hoping we hear something, anything, tomorrow..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: