The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stating side characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Stating side characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cpkeyes
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Stating side characters Reply with quote

So, I decided to just start making stat blocks for those characters that appeared in one game, episode, were of little importance or only appear in new canon. I will be starting with Sev'rance Tann, from Star Wars:Galactic Battleground Clone Campaigns (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sev%27rance_Tann) the way I interpret her is that she is not a skilled duelist or overly strong with the force, but is a very good general that can persuade or intimidate her subordinates. While she has won two lightsaber duels, they were against Padawans and when she fought an actual Jedi Knight she was defeated. I also gave her starfighter piloting because well, she's a named force user in Star Wars and I figured she would at least know.

Sev’rance Tann
Chiss Dark Acolyte/Separatist General
Species:Chiss
Special Abilities:Low Light Vision: Chiss can see twice as far as a normal
human in poor lighting conditions.
Skill Bonuses: At the time of character creation only, Chiss characters gain 2D for every one die they assign to the tactics, command, and scholar: art skills.
Tactics: Chiss characters receive a permanent +1D bonus to all tactics skill rolls.
Skills
Perception (2D):Persuasion 6D, Command 8D
Dexterity 3D:Lightsaber 4D, Dodge 4D
Strength 3D
Knowledge 4D:Tactics 7D, Intimidation 6D, Scholar 6D.
Technical 2D
Mechanical 2D:Starfighter Piloting 4D+2, Starship Gunnery 4D+2
Control 4D
Sense 4D
Alter 4D
Force Powers
-Force Lightning
-Lightsaber Combat
-Combat Sense
-Danger Sense
-Telekinesis
Equipment:Lightsaber (5D), Blast Dampening Armor, Porax-38
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice project. Consider adding more knowledge skills (willpower, planetary systems, bureaucracy, law enforcement to name a few examples of what may be appropriate).

Might want a few more perception skills, too: con, a specialization of command (like naval forces or imperial army, etc), and possibly search.

I might push the lightsaber skill to higher than 5D: a padawan is likely at LEAST a match for a 4D in lightsaber.

In my OPINION, a Jedi knight would average between 7D and 12D in lightsaber (same for a Jedi master, depending on his focus/specialty and experience).
Cpkeyes
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Nice project. Consider adding more knowledge skills (willpower, planetary systems, bureaucracy, law enforcement to name a few examples of what may be appropriate).

Might want a few more perception skills, too: con, a specialization of command (like naval forces or imperial army, etc), and possibly search.

I might push the lightsaber skill to higher than 5D: a padawan is likely at LEAST a match for a 4D in lightsaber.

In my OPINION, a Jedi knight would average between 7D and 12D in lightsaber (same for a Jedi master, depending on his focus/specialty and experience).

Tann comes across as a person who isn't that skilled in terms of personal combat, but according to the wookipedia page no one could beat her on a tactical level. Hence why it is low for a 'knight'.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I get that. My reference to a "knight" was actually meant to locate her skill somewhere higher than 4D and less than 7D, per the rest of your description. I'd estimate that a beginning padawan would have 4D-ish in lightsaber, while an advanced one would have 5D-7D.

But, whatever suits your vision is what you should do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: