The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Introduce Yourself - Redux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Introduce Yourself - Redux Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jollyone
Ensign
Ensign


Joined: 09 Jan 2018
Posts: 28
Location: Poulsbo, Washington

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all and thank you for having me. Been a Star Wars fan for a long time. Had the hardback books for D6 in late 80's. Had the Thrawn trilogy in late 90's and rekindled the game. Life happened. Thrawn and Rebels are back, rekindled again. Really like all the information the books had, spent many an hour looking at them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4774
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jollyone wrote:
Hello all and thank you for having me. Been a Star Wars fan for a long time. Had the hardback books for D6 in late 80's. Had the Thrawn trilogy in late 90's and rekindled the game. Life happened. Thrawn and Rebels are back, rekindled again. Really like all the information the books had, spent many an hour looking at them.

Welcome to the Pit!
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector


Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 11852
Location: Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Ohio.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit Jollyone!
_________________
It's Not who you kill, but how they die!
You cannot dodge it if you do not know it is coming, and you cannot hit it if you do not know its there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leona Makk
Ensign
Ensign


Joined: 03 Feb 2018
Posts: 29
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Greetings, Rancor Pit! Reply with quote

Hello folks!
I have become a huge fan of your forum and finally decided to join for my birthday! Thanks so much for accepting me.
I have been an active d6 GM since the 2e Blue Book Bible came out (still use whats left of my old copy). I ran a game for 7 years before taking a break to try some fantasy games. Now I am striking back and really loving all the new house rules and G+ community books that I have found on the d6 Holocron. It is so exciting to see people from all over the world enjoying my favorite game!
I have had a few focused and successful campaigns these last few years with new rpg players and they LOVE 2e....but I need some fresh ideas to keep ME going.
So what did I discover? The Rancor Pit!!! What a great collection of thrilling new rules and thoughts.
I think that all of you are doing amazing work.
Thanks again for all you do and may the Force be with you!
___Leona Makk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4774
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Greetings, Rancor Pit! Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:
Hello folks!
I have become a huge fan of your forum and finally decided to join for my birthday! Thanks so much for accepting me.
I have been an active d6 GM since the 2e Blue Book Bible came out (still use whats left of my old copy). I ran a game for 7 years before taking a break to try some fantasy games. Now I am striking back and really loving all the new house rules and G+ community books that I have found on the d6 Holocron. It is so exciting to see people from all over the world enjoying my favorite game!
I have had a few focused and successful campaigns these last few years with new rpg players and they LOVE 2e....but I need some fresh ideas to keep ME going.
So what did I discover? The Rancor Pit!!! What a great collection of thrilling new rules and thoughts.
I think that all of you are doing amazing work.
Thanks again for all you do and may the Force be with you!
___Leona Makk

Welcome to the Pit, and happy birthday!
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector


Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 11852
Location: Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Ohio.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the pit.. Hope you enjoy the place.
_________________
It's Not who you kill, but how they die!
You cannot dodge it if you do not know it is coming, and you cannot hit it if you do not know its there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Straxus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 70
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi guys, new member from Norway here. I used to GM Star Wars 15-20 years ago. Not too long ago I stumbled upon some old books for sale at our version of Craigslist, then I discovered this site and the Holocron-site, and now I'm hooked again Smile

Haven't got a group ready yet, I became a father last year and have a busy job, so time is scarce at the moment, but during my paternity leave I had some time to start thinking about ideas for a new campaign, and planning and creating adventures is a lot of fun in itself, so currently I'm in research and writing mode.
Hopefully I'll have some time later on to start playing SW again (I'm currently playing other RPGs with two other groups, and it's already hard to find time for that)

My main "problem" is that all the friends I have that could be useful to discuss my campaign with are potential players, so I have no-one to bounce ideas with. Hopefully I can get some help from you guys, I've already been lurking a while and read a lot of interesting discussions.


So, to update, I have got the campaign started! Very Happy Real Life is still getting in the way of playing as much as I'd like, but I'm still having fun planning and researching for further adventures, even if the campaign is moving sloooowly.

I'm extremly grateful for all the helpful information and discussions here, it helps a lot to get my rusty GM skills back up and running.

I will try to share some of the stuff I've created later on!

Oh, and the kid is doing great, he's more interested in tractors and excavators than starships right now, but we'll get there Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GlassJaw
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 16 Mar 2018
Posts: 5
Location: RI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy all! First post here. Some quick background info:

Return of the Jedi was the second movie I ever saw in the theater (first was Clash of the Titans). Been hooked ever since. Most of my knowledge of the Star Wars universe comes from the WEG Star Wars RPG and it remains one of my favorite RPG systems of all time (next to D&D 5E, Savage Worlds, Mayfair Games DC Heroes 3rd Edition among others).

I haven't played in a while but my interest was piqued after seeing The Last Jedi. I wasn't a fan. I liked Force Awakens and Rogue One even more but The Last Jedi didn't do it for me at all. I really don't like the direction the franchise is now headed.

Immediately after seeing it, I started thinking what I would have done with the storyline after the Battle of Endor. I even dug out my old hardcover copy of Heir to the Empire just to compare. It has its flaws but the universe makes so much more sense than Last Jedi.

So here I am! I have a great gaming group and we have been playing D&D 5E but everyone is open to other systems and I'd love to get a d6 SW campaign running again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4774
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlassJaw wrote:
Howdy all! First post here. Some quick background info:

Return of the Jedi was the second movie I ever saw in the theater (first was Clash of the Titans). Been hooked ever since. Most of my knowledge of the Star Wars universe comes from the WEG Star Wars RPG and it remains one of my favorite RPG systems of all time (next to D&D 5E, Savage Worlds, Mayfair Games DC Heroes 3rd Edition among others).

I haven't played in a while but my interest was piqued after seeing The Last Jedi. I wasn't a fan. I liked Force Awakens and Rogue One even more but The Last Jedi didn't do it for me at all. I really don't like the direction the franchise is now headed.

Immediately after seeing it, I started thinking what I would have done with the storyline after the Battle of Endor. I even dug out my old hardcover copy of Heir to the Empire just to compare. It has its flaws but the universe makes so much more sense than Last Jedi.

So here I am! I have a great gaming group and we have been playing D&D 5E but everyone is open to other systems and I'd love to get a d6 SW campaign running again!

Welcome, GlassJaw! TLJ was met with a generally favorable response here, but personally it is one of my least favorite SW films. I love RO and TFA.

So how does D&D 5e compare to the other editions? I've played them all except 4e and 5e (but I own the 4e PH).
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help


Last edited by Whill on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector


Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 11852
Location: Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Ohio.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the pit Glassjaw
_________________
It's Not who you kill, but how they die!
You cannot dodge it if you do not know it is coming, and you cannot hit it if you do not know its there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kytross
Captain
Captain


Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 630

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit! This is the place to go to prepare for a D6 game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mamatried
Captain
Captain


Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 535
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am mamatried........she did many times and failed.

I'm a european star wars uberfan, some call me a walking star wars encyclopedia but I would go that far, I do know however things not in the movies.
Like what actual sound ol'Ben had a farm iaaioaoooo oh, not that ben.

The obi wan on tatooine ben, and what actual "animal" he made the sound illusion of when he rescued luke and cheated the audience who paid to see the movie a fight.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Solo4114
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 18 May 2017
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must've missed this earlier when it first went up.

Anyway, I'm a newer member from Philadelphia. I've been kind of getting back into old school RPGs lately, amassing a collection of old rule- and sourcebooks for Star Wars and AD&D (mostly focusing on 1E for both). Some of this is just my own rediscovery of the game, and some of it is fueled by a theory that some day I'll play these with my daughter (who is currently just a toddler, so I've got time to actually learn the systems and how to GM).

The vast bulk of my experience, aside from reading rulebooks, has been through CRPGs going back to the old SSI Gold Box adventures that I played on an Apple IIC. But I'm game to get into pen and paper gaming, because I think it offers infinitely more freedom and chance for creativity, which is the real reason I want to introduce my kid to it all some day (I'm big on instilling a sense of imagination and creativity).

My biggest issues in all of this are the fact that I know literally nobody who actually plays any of this stuff locally (I have friends who play other games, but not AD&D or WEG's Star Wars), and I really don't have a ton of time to devote to long gaming sessions. I'd be happy to GM stuff, but...I've never done that before and it probably makes more sense to learn the experience of a player before GMing.

I'm still currently looking to find games in both AD&D and D6 Star Wars. Alas, I only managed to get into a PbP game over on Dragonsfoot.org, which then appeared to fizzle out when the DM went missing about two weeks after I got involved. Oh well.

If anyone knows folks in the Philly area looking for a game, or is interested in a PbP game or something like Roll20 that would only require, like, 1-2hrs at a clip in the evenings after 9pm or so, I'd be game. Otherwise...the search continues...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector


Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 11852
Location: Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Ohio.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and well met!
_________________
It's Not who you kill, but how they die!
You cannot dodge it if you do not know it is coming, and you cannot hit it if you do not know its there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4774
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo4114 wrote:
I'm still currently looking to find games in both AD&D and D6 Star Wars. Alas, I only managed to get into a PbP game over on Dragonsfoot.org, which then appeared to fizzle out when the DM went missing about two weeks after I got involved. Oh well.

If anyone knows folks in the Philly area looking for a game, or is interested in a PbP game or something like Roll20 that would only require, like, 1-2hrs at a clip in the evenings after 9pm or so, I'd be game. Otherwise...the search continues...

It's been three and a half years since anyone did pbp here, but if anyone wants to, it's still available here.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0