The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Solo: A Star Wars Story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Solo: A Star Wars Story Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4225
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/988103229585080320

Ron Howard posted on Twitter that Solo is done, a month before release! I guess I can now relinquish my fear that Solo would get delayed until December like the last three Star Wars movies.

Star Wars returns to May, where it belongs! And even though Episode IX comes out in December 2019, at least we'll get a little over 1.5 years between SW films this time.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4225
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6XERmXsP-U

The Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, confirmed by Ron Howard to be in Solo! And this whole video is funny.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4225
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: SOLO TICKETS ON SALE NOW! Reply with quote

SOLO TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Last night they quietly went on sale like a Sith lord in the night. Of course, I just found out about it. Of course, my theaters of choice was already sold out for the Thursday night premier (5/24) so I fandangoed over to a formerly second-run local theater that recently upgraded to first-run, and they had plenty of good seats, so my party of 7 is in!
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1154
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought my ticket for Friday May 25. It's the 3D show at the Uptown, so it should be a blast!
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering


Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 10545
Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at a place in life where I can request time off from work just to catch the midnight showing of the next Star Wars film. I'll most likely just catch an early bird matinee on a day I happen to be in town.
_________________
"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.
dunderhead marajain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4225
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I'm not at a place in life where I can request time off from work just to catch the midnight showing of the next Star Wars film. I'll most likely just catch an early bird matinee on a day I happen to be in town.

I understand what you mean with the nature of your work, but FYI the "midnight showings" have now been backed up to 7:00pm for a few years now. So in the old days the movie could not start before 12:01am of the release date, but now we can have an official release date of Friday 5/25 but showings start Thursday 5/24 at 7:00pm, at least in the Eastern time zone. This is an important distinction for me because the prequels all came out when I could take off work and had no family at home, yet I still refused to go to any midnight showings. I just took the release day off work and saw a morning show. There was no one there who had seen in the night before so I was still safe from spoilers. In fact my first viewings of the prequels at 10:30am showings weren't even sold out, and RotS only had a handful of other people in my showing.

I'm a night person by nature, but at no point in my life have I ever wanted to start watching a movie at midnight, even at home. So I love that I can see the films at 7:00pm on a Thursday, no later than anyone else in America, and not be spoiled. Especially now that I have a Star Wars website and I want to protect others from spoilers.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1154
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Especially now that I have a Star Wars website and I want to protect others from spoilers.


We salute you for your vigilance, sir. Cool Very Happy
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4225
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
Especially now that I have a Star Wars website and I want to protect others from spoilers.

We salute you for your vigilance, sir. Cool Very Happy

Indeed.

Guys, be careful what you post now because now a bunch of media people have seen the movie at the red carpet premier, so seeming speculation can in some cases be somewhat based on actual views of the film.

Here is the Solo Spoiler Policy. FYI.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leona Makk
Ensign
Ensign


Joined: 03 Feb 2018
Posts: 27
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
Especially now that I have a Star Wars website and I want to protect others from spoilers.

We salute you for your vigilance, sir. Cool Very Happy

Indeed.

Guys, be careful what you post now because now a bunch of media people have seen the movie at the red carpet premier, so seeming speculation can in some cases be somewhat based on actual views of the film.

Here is the Solo Spoiler Policy. FYI.


My partner just saw the movie and IMMEDIATELY started telling me spoilers. They were all like, "no, thats not a spoiler. It was just a dumb detail that didn't matter." It ALL MATTERS! I have been betrayed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4225
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:
Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
Especially now that I have a Star Wars website and I want to protect others from spoilers.

We salute you for your vigilance, sir. Cool Very Happy

Indeed.

Guys, be careful what you post now because now a bunch of media people have seen the movie at the red carpet premier, so seeming speculation can in some cases be somewhat based on actual views of the film.

Here is the Solo Spoiler Policy. FYI.

My partner just saw the movie and IMMEDIATELY started telling me spoilers. They were all like, "no, thats not a spoiler. It was just a dumb detail that didn't matter." It ALL MATTERS! I have been betrayed.

I'm sorry to read that!
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1154
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:
My partner just saw the movie and IMMEDIATELY started telling me spoilers. They were all like, "no, thats not a spoiler. It was just a dumb detail that didn't matter." It ALL MATTERS! I have been betrayed.


Ouch. There's only one way to deal with betrayal.

*ignites lightsaber*
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leona Makk
Ensign
Ensign


Joined: 03 Feb 2018
Posts: 27
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Leona Makk wrote:
My partner just saw the movie and IMMEDIATELY started telling me spoilers. They were all like, "no, thats not a spoiler. It was just a dumb detail that didn't matter." It ALL MATTERS! I have been betrayed.


Ouch. There's only one way to deal with betrayal.

*ignites lightsaber*


Twisted Evil I am gonna say I would NOT get a Dark Side Point for that one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0