The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Solo: A Star Wars Story (original speculation thread)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Solo: A Star Wars Story (original speculation thread) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER!

It is actually confiremd that we will see Han Solo and Chewbacca in the movie.

We will also see the Kessel run done in 12 parsec

We will see The Millenium Falcon

Rumors have it Lando will appear in the movie, but gonna spoil any more.

Just got home from the theatre and love the movie
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
Getting swept up in the crowd’s excitement can only help my enjoyment!

Hoping to possibly get a chance to listen to the score beforehand. The album drops the day of the film release, so, maybe at least on the car ride to the theater?

I would say don't read the Solo soundtrack track titles but I accidentally saw them already and there is nothing too spoliery like "Qui-Gon's Noble End".
Registration & Log-In Help
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
I currently haven't seen Solo...

Now my reasons for not wanting to see the film, stems from after seeing TLJ multiple times, and also discussions with my cousin, whom did see the film.

#1: Solo was a completely unnecessary film.
I like having a certain kind of mystery to my characters. For me, Han Solo was a cool character that wasn't afraid of taking out a threat (a la Han shooting first in ANH). A Han Solo backstory wouldn't do anything else but dumping a wagonload of excrement on the character.

#2: The Millennium Falcon.
I don't consider the Millennium Falcon in Solo to be the actual Millennium Falcon. There aren't any mandibles. I've heard the arguments that because the front of the ship was completely solid means that it was a cargo pod. The Falcon in Solo looked longer and narrower than the Falcon in both the OT and TFA/TLJ.

#3: Solo wasn't his actual surname?
I find it insulting to the viewer that we are made to believe that because he came into an Imperial recruiting office alone means that his surname will be Solo from that point on? No! They could have taken some material from the Corellia book series, and The Courtship of Princess Leia.

#4: Lando Calrissian.
TESB is my favorite Star Wars film. Lando was introduced in it. The things I've heard about the Lando in Solo doesn't sync with the character in the OT.

#5: No Jabba the Hutt.
I also find it odd that the most powerful crimelord wouldn't have any sort of presence on Corellia.

#6: Darth Maul.
I see that LFL is still beating that dead horse to death. I didn't agree with Maul showing up in the Clone Wars cartoon series, but I at least trusted Lucas and Filoni in bringing an underutilized character from TPM. Including Maul, to me, is only an attempt to generate buzz for the film.

#7: Corellia.
I'm actually mixed on this one. I do like that Corellia is in the film, but not that its a major Imperial shipyard (What the hell happened to Kuat?). I was under the impression that all ISDs were Kuat Drive Yard productions, but I guess that they're now Corellian Drive Yards now.

#8: Lando's droid "paramour".
With Lando now interested in only droids (intimately) - at least according to Jon Kasdan, this droid that's only "interesting" facet is its "droids rights" mantra. Come on!!! Growing up with R2, Threepio, IG-88, and the new additions of BB-8 and K-2SO make this new droid that stands for droids rights part of the problem, not something to ponder.... and then to have the droid's brain become a part of the Millennium Falcon? Just another reason why the new Falcon isn't the Millennium Falcon in the rest of the Saga.

#9: Kathleen Kennedy/Lord & Miller/Ron Howard.
With the behind the scenes drama of the film airing out, this didn't exactly endear the film to me. KK appointing L&M as directors to only later firing them with more than 75% if the film completed. Sounds to me as being mismanagement by KK more than anything. I didn't care for L & M to begin with, so I didn't shed a tear at their dismissal. I like some of Ron Howard's directed films. He's a solid director. He didn't deserve the chaos that was the state of Solo; and then having to reshoot the rumored 85%? LFL itself is destroying itself from within, and its all Kathleen Kennedy's fault. She should resign, and a more capable LFL head be appointed by Disney.

Anyway, these nine reasons are the main reasons why I wasn't exactly overjoyed in seeing Solo. I'm sure that there are those that disagree with my analysis completely, but there is the Wampa in the room, and that Solo will be lucky to even break even financially. As for the rumored Obi-Wan and Boba Fett anthology films.... They're in the same catagory as Solo: completely unneeded.

Some of your information is incorrect, but it doesn't matter. Don't bother seeing the movie on DVD, or ever. You've already decided you'll hate it so it will just be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Why torture yourself like that? And if you do see it anyway, please spare us your reaction. I have no respect for pre-bashing a movie you haven't even seen. I find this level of prejudice to be rather disgusting.
Registration & Log-In Help
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Treefrog wrote:
I currently haven't seen Solo...

Now my reasons for not wanting to see the film, stems from after seeing TLJ multiple times, and also discussions with my cousin, whom did see the film.

#1: Solo was a completely unnecessary film.
I like having a certain kind of mystery to my characters. For me, Han Solo was a cool character that wasn't afraid of taking out a threat (a la Han shooting first in ANH). A Han Solo backstory wouldn't do anything else but dumping a wagonload of excrement on the character.

#2: The Millennium Falcon.
I don't consider the Millennium Falcon in Solo to be the actual Millennium Falcon. There aren't any mandibles. I've heard the arguments that because the front of the ship was completely solid means that it was a cargo pod. The Falcon in Solo looked longer and narrower than the Falcon in both the OT and TFA/TLJ.

#3: Solo wasn't his actual surname?
I find it insulting to the viewer that we are made to believe that because he came into an Imperial recruiting office alone means that his surname will be Solo from that point on? No! They could have taken some material from the Corellia book series, and The Courtship of Princess Leia.

#4: Lando Calrissian.
TESB is my favorite Star Wars film. Lando was introduced in it. The things I've heard about the Lando in Solo doesn't sync with the character in the OT.

#5: No Jabba the Hutt.
I also find it odd that the most powerful crimelord wouldn't have any sort of presence on Corellia.

#6: Darth Maul.
I see that LFL is still beating that dead horse to death. I didn't agree with Maul showing up in the Clone Wars cartoon series, but I at least trusted Lucas and Filoni in bringing an underutilized character from TPM. Including Maul, to me, is only an attempt to generate buzz for the film.

#7: Corellia.
I'm actually mixed on this one. I do like that Corellia is in the film, but not that its a major Imperial shipyard (What the hell happened to Kuat?). I was under the impression that all ISDs were Kuat Drive Yard productions, but I guess that they're now Corellian Drive Yards now.

#8: Lando's droid "paramour".
With Lando now interested in only droids (intimately) - at least according to Jon Kasdan, this droid that's only "interesting" facet is its "droids rights" mantra. Come on!!! Growing up with R2, Threepio, IG-88, and the new additions of BB-8 and K-2SO make this new droid that stands for droids rights part of the problem, not something to ponder.... and then to have the droid's brain become a part of the Millennium Falcon? Just another reason why the new Falcon isn't the Millennium Falcon in the rest of the Saga.

#9: Kathleen Kennedy/Lord & Miller/Ron Howard.
With the behind the scenes drama of the film airing out, this didn't exactly endear the film to me. KK appointing L&M as directors to only later firing them with more than 75% if the film completed. Sounds to me as being mismanagement by KK more than anything. I didn't care for L & M to begin with, so I didn't shed a tear at their dismissal. I like some of Ron Howard's directed films. He's a solid director. He didn't deserve the chaos that was the state of Solo; and then having to reshoot the rumored 85%? LFL itself is destroying itself from within, and its all Kathleen Kennedy's fault. She should resign, and a more capable LFL head be appointed by Disney.

Anyway, these nine reasons are the main reasons why I wasn't exactly overjoyed in seeing Solo. I'm sure that there are those that disagree with my analysis completely, but there is the Wampa in the room, and that Solo will be lucky to even break even financially. As for the rumored Obi-Wan and Boba Fett anthology films.... They're in the same catagory as Solo: completely unneeded.

Some of your information is incorrect, but it doesn't matter. Don't bother seeing the movie on DVD, or ever. You've already decided you'll hate it so it will just be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Why torture yourself like that? And if you do see it anyway, please spare us your reaction. I have no respect for pre-bashing a movie you haven't even seen. I find this level of prejudice to be rather disgusting.

So, which point is, as you say, "disgusting"? I don't like confrontation, but people pre-bash films all the time. These are valid concerns that caused the film to implode dramatically at the box office. I've been a SW fan since 1977, when I was five years old. The info that was released, and reactions from other fans makes this film a massive red flag as being a non-Star Wars film.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: