The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

"Revised" Force Skills
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> "Revised" Force Skills Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
The only issue that you'll come across if you use the list, is that certain powers use "The Force" Attribute as their damage/defense value. Mostly these are going to be Dark Side powers, since the rules are very strict about inflicting damage on another being using the Force.

So, if you're forgoing the central attribute, then you may want to take the 1/2 or 1/3 approach to the Control/Sense/Alter score in places where it mentions the central attribute instead of one of the 3 sub-skills.

I'm glad that you like the list, I hope you get some use out of it. I'm currently working on a playtesting game, but some of the changes I had implemented in my games some time ago (1/2 Sense and Control for Lightsaber Combat).

Let me know how it turns out in your next game!

I actually didn't think of that.
That being said, if we look at the old fart, and his sparkly sparks it seemed to actually both "fuel him" as well as take its toll.

I am considering for damage and effects etc using the MAP rule, using another #D declining, and fueled by either DSPs or CPs during the upkeep.

I use a declining upkeep even on the control to lightsaber, with -1D pr round, CP +1D, and maybe or even a FP which by doubling adds both damage and duration.

As I see from the list most "attack" powers fall under alter, and I use this for the damage, ( Control where that or Force is attribute used) applying a -1D for upkeeps.
For Damage I roll the governing ability, alter control etc....
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The breakdown of my power categorizing is thus:

Inside the Jedi: Control
Outside the Jedi: Alter
Anything regarding sense or perception: Sense
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: