The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Wild Die is for Wild Cards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Wild Die is for Wild Cards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Wild Die is for Wild Cards Reply with quote

Ok, just an idea I want to toss out for consideration:

Unimportant NPCs do not get the wild die. So, Captain Phasma, who is named and important, rolls the wild die. She might have major successes or major failures. Stormtrooper FN-2189, who is utterly unremarkable in every way? He does not roll the wild die.

PCs, of course, always count as important.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Die is for Wild Cards Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Ok, just an idea I want to toss out for consideration:

Unimportant NPCs do not get the wild die. So, Captain Phasma, who is named and important, rolls the wild die. She might have major successes or major failures. Stormtrooper FN-2189, who is utterly unremarkable in every way? He does not roll the wild die.

PCs, of course, always count as important.

I've done this a lot for mooks, especially stormtroopers. Adding the dice normally is one of the options for 1 on the wild die anyway, so this is just one step further by removing the exploding 6 on the wild die for mooks. No biggie.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our games we usually ignore the wild die mishaps and just explode on 6s. We call it the "lucky die."

It makes sense to me that mooks don't need a wild die: they typically serve as speed bumps anyway.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I don't even roll for low level mooks. I just use an average result e.g. thug has a 3D dodge, then anything over 10 hits him.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me a lot of Savage Worlds RPG, where only 'Wild Cards' (i.e., all player characters and main villains) have special rules that apply only to them.

Totally makes sense to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: