The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen'tara Rhee wrote:

Kage, would it be possible for you (or anyone else) to scan the "prequel" era notes before they got changed? That which Lucas claims was "never written down"?

Alas, if only I could. But there are two problems with that right now:
1) All of said material I have access too is part of my Brother's collection, and he is very finicky (chances of him letting me put it on a scanner are low, as it may damage the books).
2) My brother is still looking for where he packed all the magazines away at, so right now I am really going from memory. I do remember that there was surprisingly few details revealed, almost no names, and no specific times. Most of what was in those articles, stories, and interviews was broad, sweeping comments.
Basically, right now, I am going from memory, and filling in the blanks. I am hoping my brother finds the materials soon, so I can polish up what I have. I will need to fill in some gaps here and there, and where feasible, I will fill them with names and events that are part of the Official prequel era timeline.

hazardchris wrote:
Are you just going to use the interviews or are you going to include the Tales of the Jedi material as well? Any of the Jango Fett backstory?

The TotJ material is newer material that I am avoiding (or trying to), and was inspired by/helped inspire KOTOR...so, in a word, no.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Force Power Document Reply with quote

A while back I compiled and edited some data for a Force Power Document. For the few of you not familiar with it, t's a basic Word document with all of the basic stats for Force Powers.

Once we get some of the more important projects out of the way (KotOR SB, AotC SB, and RotS SB) would anyone mind helping me find a way to edit that nicely with some art and a cover? It probably wouldn't take too much, but all I have is Word, pdf995, and a whole lot of no know-how.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFTER, I have dealt with SS-RE, AOTC, ROTS, or have a hiatus between those, I could lend you a hand in editing that book, shouldn't be too hard. I even already have a cover for it, which I added to my printed edition:

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, it's beautiful, Gry!
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also threw together one. If there's anything you're missing I'd be happy to help out.

What are all your sources Cheshire? I'll check and see if I have any that you don't.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry: Oh, definately after we get the other projects done. Right now, we've got the information, and all that needs to be done is cosmetic. Therefore, the need concerning the other books is much greater.

darthomer09: Oh, gosh, I'm not sure I remember where I got the list of Force Powers from. I had found a website that listed most of the ones from the Tales of the Jedi book, and some Powers were badly worded. I went through and re-edited everything, making sure to include all powers from TotJ and the R&E rulebook.

You can see the word document as it exists at:
http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3CPKTQ2D31RDT2NCP0W5H9YVXR

My main ideas for the book were 1) adding a cover (which Gry has done a freaking incredible job on), 2) adding a section on the rules for proxemity and relationship (which I have typed elsewhere) 3) adding Sith Powers, 4) adding a table of contents (which I have with one omission in another document) and finally 5) adding a Force Power Checklist (which I already have made, though it isn't pretty) to serve as a companion for the character record sheet including space to write down one's Control, Sense, and Alter stats.

I've also thought about having a chart that shows a tree of all prerequisite powers, but I'm not sure if I have that anywhere.

So, basically, I have most of the material, just not all together in one place.

Putting in added bits of artwork occasionally depicting someone using the powers would be a nice bonus. But again, I can provide data without much artistic help.

Did that answer everyone's questions?
Draylo Star
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Mandolorian source book if you read some of the new chronology guides to Star Wars universe they treat the KOTOR as cannon material it seems to me

Even though it does not matter anything Mandolorian will be a treat for all of us

Are you doing stats for Mandolorians as a race?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Gry: Oh, definately after we get the other projects done. Right now, we've got the information, and all that needs to be done is cosmetic. Therefore, the need concerning the other books is much greater.

darthomer09: Oh, gosh, I'm not sure I remember where I got the list of Force Powers from. I had found a website that listed most of the ones from the Tales of the Jedi book, and some Powers were badly worded. I went through and re-edited everything, making sure to include all powers from TotJ and the R&E rulebook.

You can see the word document as it exists at:
http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3CPKTQ2D31RDT2NCP0W5H9YVXR

My main ideas for the book were 1) adding a cover (which Gry has done a freaking incredible job on), 2) adding a section on the rules for proxemity and relationship (which I have typed elsewhere) 3) adding Sith Powers, 4) adding a table of contents (which I have with one omission in another document) and finally 5) adding a Force Power Checklist (which I already have made, though it isn't pretty) to serve as a companion for the character record sheet including space to write down one's Control, Sense, and Alter stats.

I've also thought about having a chart that shows a tree of all prerequisite powers, but I'm not sure if I have that anywhere.

So, basically, I have most of the material, just not all together in one place.

Putting in added bits of artwork occasionally depicting someone using the powers would be a nice bonus. But again, I can provide data without much artistic help.

Did that answer everyone's questions?

I think it would actually be very handy to have a chart that had all the prerequisite powers listed together. That way you don't have to keep looking back and forth to find them.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would indeed be very useful to have such a chart. But I fear it's nigh impossible to actually make a complete an correct one. The countless combinations of pre-requisites can't possibly fit together.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do about a prerequisites tree. Perhaps it would be most helpful to put it up in an outline form rather than a tree. Granted, that may be turning into one monser list, but I think it would be helpful. It will take multiple proof-readings.

Perhaps I'll start on that in the free time that I don't really have. Smile
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a PDF of all the Force Powers I've found.

http://dendokast.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/forceencyclopedia.pdf

It includes powers from all the WEG books (unless I've missed some which is likely), Many D20 conversions, the Jedi Handbook (my personal bible).

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that raises a valid question. Do we want to keep this as a strict WEG official power list, or do we want to include conversions from d20? Do we want to include a note on the converted powers from the d20 system?

Of course these are all preliminary questions, as the serious work on the project won't begin until after the other books are done.

But, in the mean time, I've got to work on an outline-format of the Force Powers and Prerequisites. Granted, it's crude and in Word format, but right now I've got it done in two different ways, please tell me which is easier to work with. Or tell me if we need something entirely different altogether.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=28L7813YONUIJ32QB27PP8Z9JB
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think such a book should be as complete as possible, including d20 conversions.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kicking around the idea of a GG: Mercenaries book, along the lines of the Galaxy Guides on Scouts and Bounty Hunters. I had a Merc character back in the day with a pretty well developed background, and an extensive history for his unit. I don't want to duplicate efforts though, so if anyone else out there is working on something like that, let me know, perhaps I can help.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe anyone's working on something like that. And I think I would know. This would be a great book to have, so good luck if you really decide to tackle that project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: