The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars CAPTAIN PHASMA!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars CAPTAIN PHASMA!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Star Wars CAPTAIN PHASMA! Reply with quote

Seeing some of the out-takes from TLJ on YouTube makes me think that it's a shame that we're not seeing more of Captain Phasma on screen.

Maybe she'll be back for Episode IX (I hope so!), and I hope that we see a lot more of her. From what I've seen, she's a political player--a powerful, manipulative b****.

We get more of that in the new Marvel Comic...

This picks up on Starkiller base, with Phasma in the trash compactor. First things first...she's got to cover her tracks that she's the one that lowered the shields that allowed the Resistance to attack....

It's a good book.

I wasn't that interested in reading the novel that has come out recently, but now, after having read this book, I think there's a lot to this character that we haven't seen yet.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't the comic nor the novel, but I want to. Yeah, I agree that Phasma deserves alot more characterization than we've seen in the movies. I, for one, am really disappointed that we didn't get the "whoop hog" deleted scene of Finn chewing her out for her cowardice in front of her men in the movie. Granted, there were technical difficulties with it which made it impractical to include in the movie (or so I understand), but it's still disappointing. Phasma is a character of such potential that she deserves to be more than a one-scene wonder.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars CAPTAIN PHASMA! Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I, for one, am really disappointed that we didn't get the "whoop hog" deleted scene of Finn chewing her out for her cowardice in front of her men in the movie.

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Seeing some of the out-takes from TLJ on YouTube makes me think that it's a shame that we're not seeing more of Captain Phasma on screen...

From what I've seen, she's a political player--a powerful, manipulative b****.

We get more of that in the new Marvel Comic...

This picks up on Starkiller base, with Phasma in the trash compactor. First things first...she's got to cover her tracks that she's the one that lowered the shields that allowed the Resistance to attack...

I really appreciate you sharing this. TLJ not explaining how lowering the Starkiller shield (leading to its destruction) didn't have any known repercussions for her was a sore point for me. The deleted scene and this comic addressing how she covered her tracks is cool.

Sutehp wrote:
Yeah, I agree that Phasma deserves alot more characterization than we've seen in the movies... Phasma is a character of such potential that she deserves to be more than a one-scene wonder.

She's literally the Boba Fett of this trilogy, a cool-looking armored character bursting with potential. At least her final purpose wasn't slapstick comedy and she didn't go out with a burp. I thought it was appropriate that she died being the final catalyst of Finn's transformation from First Order deserter to Resistance hero.

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Seeing some of the out-takes from TLJ on YouTube makes me think that it's a shame that we're not seeing more of Captain Phasma on screen.

Maybe she'll be back for Episode IX (I hope so!), and I hope that we see a lot more of her.

It's time to let old things die. Snoke, Phasma. ... Let it all die.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars CAPTAIN PHASMA! Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

We shall see... Wink
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars CAPTAIN PHASMA! Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Whill wrote:

We shall see... Wink

Snoke and Phasma aren't that old. Remember, out of universe they're only 3 years old! Razz Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: