The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Powersuits as Vehicles? Not armor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Powersuits as Vehicles? Not armor?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Powersuits as Vehicles? Not armor? Reply with quote

Powersuits are not really a Star Wars "thing" compared to some video games, anime, superhero comics and of course Aliens. In Star Wars, we have droids, walkers, and X-Wings! But of course, my groups Rebel Saboteur has a 3D+2 Tech and loves to invent stuff. So naturally, the conversation turned to Combat Power Armor!

I thought I would think out loud with some sample stats for the Zero-G Spacetrooper Armor, since....we all want one!

It would mean no C.P.'s to resist damage but it could give your low DEX and STR characters a chance to have some super combat fun.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/showphoto.php/photo/260102/title/zero-g-assault-stormtrooper-collages/cat/500

Imperial Space Trooper Zero-G Powersuit

Craft:Imperial Zero-G Assault Stormtrooper Armor Mark I
Type:Zero-G Powered Combat Armor

Scale:Swoop (+2d)
Height:2.5 meters
Skill:Powersuit Operation
Crew:1
Cover:Full
Maneuverability:1D (in Zero G)
Move:8, or repulsor lift: 70; 200 kph
Space:1
Body:5D
Sensors:
Passive: 1/1D
Scan: 1/2D
Search: 2/2D
Focus: 2/4D

Weapons:
Blaster Cannon
Scale:Character
Fire Arc:front
Skill:Blaster: Blaster Cannon
Rate of Firel: 1D Auto-Fire
Space Range:0/1/4
Range:3-50/150/400
Damage:6D

Grenade Launcher
Scale:Character
Fire Arc:Front
Skill:Missile Weapons: Grenade Launcher
Space Range:0/1/2 :
Range: 5-50/100/200
Damage:Based on Grenade type.
Concussion Grenades: Ammo: 30, 5D/4D/3D/2D, blast radius: 0-2/4/6/10. Gas/Stun Grenades: Ammo; 30, 5D/4D/3D/2D (stun), blast radius: 0-2/4/6/8.

Mini Proton Torpedo Launcher
Scale:Starship (+6D)
Fire Arc:Front
Skill:starship gunnery: Proton Torpedo
Fire Control:1D
Space Range:1/3/7 :
Range:25-100/300/700 :
Damage:6D
Ammo:6

Cutting Laser
Scale:Starship (+6D)
Skill:Security or Melee Combat
Range: .3 meter
Damage:3D

Grasper Claw
Scale:Swoop (+2D)
Skill:Security or Melee Combat
Damage:4D

Powersuit Features :
Magnetic couplers:allow spacetroopers to attach themselves to any metal surface.
Consumables:Has four hours of power and 10 hours of oxygen.
MFTAS: Multi-Frequency Targeting Acquisition System:adds +2D to Perception checks in low-visibility situations, +2D to ranged weapon skill uses against targets moving more than 10 meters per round; polarized lenses prevent flash-blinding.

Let me know what you think!
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't this the "stock" stats or the spacetrooper armor, though with the added repulsor for ground speed?
I like it.

there is a few others with similar ground speed in various of the scourseboks out there, but I like this one.
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
isn't this the "stock" stats or the spacetrooper armor, though with the added repulsor for ground speed?
I like it.

there is a few others with similar ground speed in various of the scourseboks out there, but I like this one.

Yeah it is pretty close; the big difference is the stock stats give you +4D vs physical and +3D vs energy to resist damage (with a -1D to Dex). This worked out great to scare a cocky Jedi with Lightsaber Combat up. with 5 character points to resist damage a Space Trooper can take a lot of punishment.

The major differences in making the Suit a Swoop Scale Vehicle vs a Suit of protective armor might be as follows;

* its much more of an advantage for low Str characters, less so for 5D Str Barabel Shockboxers.
* you don't really use the Dex penalty since you are now a pilot
* when you take damage, instead of just being wounded or incapacitated, you could roll on the vehicle damage chart; lose weapons, speed, crash or have an overloading generator.

I guess I pictured it being more dramatic to have sparks fly inside the suit and various systems fail while you have a fist fight with a gundark.

Okay so I might have watched Pacific Rim recently! I admit it!
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like you version better than the "book" one to be fair.
To me it is an exo-suit, and sort of like a enclosed and armed version of the one ellen ripley used to kick some xenomorph behinds.

I sort of always though this was a speeder size thing, and with both a space and ground level engine.

I wonder using armor repair on this one to modify it, can you actually get it down to +1 or +2 pip dex penalty or even a 0?

I can aso see a suit like this actually having a hardpoint to be fair, with a weapon that can be replaced, or fitted to suit a specific mission.

I can see form the book suit that at least one weapon uses starship gunnery skill, and something like this I would not be above allowing a harpount mounted, maybe shoulder, weapon of to starfighter scale, though not a very heavy one, but a light laser cannon, or something I can actually see the suit capable of supporting
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, i'd see powersuit repair needed to whittle down it's dex penalty, not armor repair.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
If anything, i'd see powersuit repair needed to whittle down it's dex penalty, not armor repair.

My bad, naturally need the correct skill. Powersuit it is.
But yeah modifying this, could be awesome, just think that armor with a +1 only dex penalty Mmmmmmmmmm

Add it on a 4D Dex character, and it turns into a bigger MMMMMMMMMM
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But when you have powerhouses like that waltzing around, even having the enemy's entire squad (10 men) combine fire, it won't do much at 5d speeder (7d character).. BUT ion cannons, that could cause issues, shutting the powre armor down ON the character, then the baddies could seal him in!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: