The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Medical Template
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Medical Template
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Medical Template Reply with quote

Well, character creation with a certain player in a game I am running is almost done. But, you know what would have made it easier, and would probably be nice to have for future reference? A Medical Template, for a character with a career in Medicine.

Seriously, is there a template for the Star Wars doctor? If there is, it seems like the thing to put in Official Rules. If not, this needs moved, and the goal changed to creating such a template.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be in the Heroes and Rogues sourcebook. I believe there is one in there for an Imp doctor. Also might be one in the Tapini stuff.

Wanted Poster
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would have to have a 3D-4D technical, spending one or two of their beginning 7D on their first aid under technical for that, and then also 2D to get the advanced skill of medicine (a specilization costs 1D, advanced skill is twice as much)...so thats three or four of their 7D right there. Not much room for anything else.

Also, and this isn't neccessarily in the rules, but is in the rules of common sense, that unless they have a higher Alien Species (5D at least) skill level (and knowledge in general), I'd wouldn't let them be able to even use the Medicine skill on any other species than their own...of course they can do first aid though.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had once created a home template for a Field Medic/Rescue Worker. I had this glorius vision of Rebel medics flying Modded Y-Winds, with Life Pods attached to each sponson, a-la M.A.S.H., they'd swoop in, perform basic triage if possible, load the wounded into the life pods, and take off to the waiting Medical Frigate. Cheesy I know, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

P.S. - I know a shuttle would have been more appropriate to evac wounded, but keep in mind, these guys were flying in to heavy combat where a shuttle would get shreaded by ground fire. A starfighter at least had a chance.
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a template, I don't think they would be able to start with medicine, but at least have a teacher of sorts that can get them started. A starting PC would probably be something more like a nurse or a combat medic. Good dexterity or mechanical, definitly good technical and knowledge.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I had once created a home template for a Field Medic/Rescue Worker. I had this glorius vision of Rebel medics flying Modded Y-Winds, with Life Pods attached to each sponson, a-la M.A.S.H., they'd swoop in, perform basic triage if possible, load the wounded into the life pods, and take off to the waiting Medical Frigate. Cheesy I know, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

P.S. - I know a shuttle would have been more appropriate to evac wounded, but keep in mind, these guys were flying in to heavy combat where a shuttle would get shreaded by ground fire. A starfighter at least had a chance.

In the show it seems most often field medics pull the wounded back to aid stations where they preform basic medical care to stop most of the bleeding then load them on evac choppers or ambulance buses to get them to a M*A*S*H for surgery. They typically don't fly the choppers into the actual combat zone as their prime targets.

Wanted Poster
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:

In the show it seems most often field medics pull the wounded back to aid stations where they preform basic medical care to stop most of the bleeding then load them on evac choppers or ambulance buses to get them to a M*A*S*H for surgery. They typically don't fly the choppers into the actual combat zone as their prime targets.

I realize that is how it was in mash, but I added the custom Y-wing and such for a little more style, and to make the character more than just a glorified healer kind of thing. The character didn't nescessarily start with that vehicle, but I decided to create the modded vehicle for the Rebel Alliance inspired by that character and the show M.A.S.H. However, in the korean and vietnam wars it was not uncommon for a field medic to ride along with the choppers to perform on site triage and evaluation of those most in need of transport. In a real field medic type of situation, you would have the Medic attached to the squad or battallion treating wounds on the battlefield and draggin the wounded to staging areas (Aide Stations); then you would have the Medics at the aide stations helping those they can, doing basic first aide, stabalizing conditions, etc; then you would have the transports (choppers, ambulances, shuttles) that carry the most critical patients to the hospital for treatment; then you have the actual Doctors or Surgeons at the hospital. In my character template, they would carry the critically wounded to a waiting medical frigate.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a ships doctor template...

Ships Doctor
DEX 2d
brawl parry, dodge, melee, melee parry, running
KNOW 4d
Alien species, cultures, languages, planetary systems, scholar, willpower
MECH 2d+2
Communications, sensors, starship shields
PER 3d+1
Bargain, investigations, persuasion, search
STR 2d
Brawl, lift, stamina
TECH 4d
Computer programming/repair, droid programming/repair, first aid.

Starting equipment: 3 datapads - containing many notes on first aid and medicine, tool box with various first aid instruments, back pack containing 10 med packs, comlink, medical scanner, stun baton (str+1d 5d stun), 1000 credits standard.

Special benefits/penalties: 2d for every 1d initially placed in first aid. Half the CP cost to learn (A) medicine. If takes a life, even in self-defense, earns an instant DSP. Can only use weapons, which stun or incapacitate
Ship doctor
Blood was not a shock to you, when you saw pictures of the clone wars, and other battles. Your family had all been doctors, and medics. Heck, even your older sister, worked as an EMT at her school. SO your path was chosen for you. You went to school, spending many long years, learning the secrets of saving a life. You spent a summer sabbatical, studying the life on Ithor. Your dedication to keeping life is sacred, even if you die, you will not take another’s life. But that does not stop you from throwing them around, or popping a limb or two out of joint.
The a-typical book-savvy caregiver. You treasure life over material worth. You try to help all those in need, and often get your friends hating you for your actions, but they all are thankful that you are there, when combat ends....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: