The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

After The R&R Project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> After The R&R Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject: After The R&R Project Reply with quote

So I have every R&R chapter in a draft. Now comes the arduous task of adding art, proofing, and fixing the little issues. I'm guessing I'm 6 months away from some sort of completion.

So my mind wanders to the next project. I have some ideas.

I've thought of a "best of"... Type books.... Focused on things like Gamemastering, Fringe, Rebellion Era, Aliens, etc..

Curious as to what the community would like to see.
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: After The R&R Project Reply with quote

I have a few things that I'm planning on doing myself - collecting all of Patricia Jackson and Charlene Newcomb's fiction into one book, for instance. Continuing the "Classic Adventures" by updating and collecting other adventures that weren't converted from first edition. Stuff like that.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: After The R&R Project Reply with quote

fogger1138 wrote:
I have a few things that I'm planning on doing myself - collecting all of Patricia Jackson and Charlene Newcomb's fiction into one book, for instance. Continuing the "Classic Adventures" by updating and collecting other adventures that weren't converted from first edition. Stuff like that.

That is a truly noble task. There are so many adventures that weren't converted. I'll admit I'm not an expert at stat block conversions but I agree... Bringing those classic adventures into 2E is something we would all love.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: After The R&R Project Reply with quote

klhaviation wrote:
fogger1138 wrote:

That is a truly noble task. There are so many adventures that weren't converted. I'll admit I'm not an expert at stat block conversions but I agree... Bringing those classic adventures into 2E is something we would all love.

I've been working on the stat conversion part of it for this: First Edition Conversion Project. I've actually made some more progress than documented in that thread. I've done a lot of research lately and had some eye-opening revelations about the evolution of the skill set (and the game system in general) from 1e to 2e. I'm working on an analysis now that I will be posting when I can.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: After The R&R Project Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I've been working on the stat conversion part of it for this: First Edition Conversion Project. I've actually made some more progress than documented in that thread. I've done a lot of research lately and had some eye-opening revelations about the evolution of the skill set (and the game system in general) from 1e to 2e. I'm working on an analysis now that I will be posting when I can.

Oh, cool, will have to check that out.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a more productive project for me would be to create WEG style templates... It's more my strong suit than writing original works. Like a 1E, 2E and 2E R&E style word template so that creators can use them if they desire to make their project look inspired by the edition it is based on.

There is a lot more to graphic design than copying and pasting into a template, but I see soooo many amazing fan works that suffer from layout... Not the authors fault... I stink at writing and being super creative.... I just happen to do layout ok.

Maybe add a style guide akin to the WEG one, but offering helpful hints and practices for content creators that wanted to go that extra mile.
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klhaviation wrote:
Perhaps a more productive project for me would be to create WEG style templates... It's more my strong suit than writing original works. Like a 1E, 2E and 2E R&E style word template so that creators can use them if they desire to make their project look inspired by the edition it is based on.

There is a lot more to graphic design than copying and pasting into a template, but I see soooo many amazing fan works that suffer from layout... Not the authors fault... I stink at writing and being super creative.... I just happen to do layout ok.

Maybe add a style guide akin to the WEG one, but offering helpful hints and practices for content creators that wanted to go that extra mile.

I'd find this helpful.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klhaviation wrote:

That would be very helpful. I can create content but design and presentation are not my forte.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: