The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook Reply with quote

Well I finally figured out what was wrong with the print version of SWRe2. Now after nearly a year of waiting, I am finally ready to release it.

Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook (ebook edition)
Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook (print edition)
Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook - Wrap Cover (b&w)
Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook - Wrap Cover (color)

I have also included a link to the GIMP cover template (in XCF format) for those who may want to create custom covers.

Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook - Wrap Cover Template

If others would prefer to make their own templates the measurements are:

B&W: 5330px x 3375px
RGB: 5348px x 3375px

For those who wish to order a print copy I have posted links below for both b&w and color versions. This is 100% at cost, I recieve no money, this is what Lulu will charge to print this off for you.

Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook (b&w)
Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook (color)
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a damn fine looking book.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Well I finally figured out what was wrong with the print version of SWRe2. Now after nearly a year of waiting, I am finally ready to release it.

Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook (ebook edition)

Thanks, Don! I added the ebook edition to the Rancor Pit Library:

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/Other%20Fan-Made%20Supplements/Star-Wars-Rebels-2-ebook-version.pdf

Only two more seasons to go now, right?

8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
That's a damn fine looking book.

Thank you, though the layout was done by Meribak.

Whill wrote:
Only two more seasons to go now, right?

That is correct. Third season has been 70% or so done since last year, then I started some other projects because I was getting burnt out on SWRe2. Then I started into GG:R1 which has taken a ton of time. Now I am slowly getting back into the creation part of things. My hopes are to have GG:R1, SWDr, SWRe3 and SWRe4 done before Nov-1.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
My hopes are to have GG:R1, SWDr, SWRe3 and SWRe4 done before Nov-1.

Shocked
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Sourcebook Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
My hopes are to have GG:R1, SWDr, SWRe3 and SWRe4 done before Nov-1.

Shocked

Its not as bad as it sounds.

Galaxy Guide: Rogue One: done, in editing/layout
Star Wars Droids: 90% done, needs layout
Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Sourcebook: 70% done, needs layout
Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Sourcebook: have not started, estimate 14+ days to complete
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to look at this and post my reaction later.

Question - I might have asked this already in regards to the Rogue One Sourcebook, but I'll ask again. When you're doing these books, are you taking into consideration additional sources to learn about the backgrounds of various characters so that you'll be able to create "more accurate" stats. For example, Rebel Rising and Guardians of the Whill for Rogue One. Ahsoka, Thrawn, and the Darth Vader comics for Governor Pryce, Ahsoka, and the Inquisitors. I'd include the forthcoming Thrawn: Alliances, but that's more for Seasons 3 and 4. And would you be using the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook as a reference for statting Thrawn and Rukh?
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Going to look at this and post my reaction later.

Question - I might have asked this already in regards to the Rogue One Sourcebook, but I'll ask again. When you're doing these books, are you taking into consideration additional sources to learn about the backgrounds of various characters so that you'll be able to create "more accurate" stats. For example, Rebel Rising and Guardians of the Whill for Rogue One. Ahsoka, Thrawn, and the Darth Vader comics for Governor Pryce, Ahsoka, and the Inquisitors. I'd include the forthcoming Thrawn: Alliances, but that's more for Seasons 3 and 4. And would you be using the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook as a reference for statting Thrawn and Rukh?

I've wondered how well researched these books were myself. Are the Visual Dictionaries and the Incredible Cross Sections books consulted?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to additional sources we have included that information, but only where it was reasonable. For example, though Erso has an entire book about her history it really did not add much to the character or to that of other characters. We could have gone over things and added every nuance, but then a book about, say R1, now becomes a biography of Erso. Where important events and things about characters would add things, we have included them.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
When it comes to additional sources we have included that information, but only where it was reasonable. For example, though Erso has an entire book about her history it really did not add much to the character or to that of other characters. We could have gone over things and added every nuance, but then a book about, say R1, now becomes a biography of Erso. Where important events and things about characters would add things, we have included them.

It seems the Visual Dictionaries and Cross-Section books would have lots of details important to these books.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
It seems the Visual Dictionaries and Cross-Section books would have lots of details important to these books.

If you are specifically referring to the R1 Visual Dictionary, we used that a lot. R1 Cross Sections had little to offer when it came to additional information that was not already known or included in the Visual Dictionary. Though, we did use both.

If you are referring to a Visual Dictionary or Cross-Sections for any of the other projects:

1. Droids, based on the 80s cartoon and comics by Dark Horse has neither of those source available.
2. SWRe3-4 do not have those sources available either, though I believe there was a Visual Dictionary that came out for season 1, which I did reference while creating SWRe1.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:

If you are specifically referring to the R1 Visual Dictionary, we used that a lot. R1 Cross Sections had little to offer when it came to additional information that was not already known or included in the Visual Dictionary. Though, we did use both.

If you are referring to a Visual Dictionary or Cross-Sections for any of the other projects:

1. Droids, based on the 80s cartoon and comics by Dark Horse has neither of those source available.
2. SWRe3-4 do not have those sources available either, though I believe there was a Visual Dictionary that came out for season 1, which I did reference while creating SWRe1.

Cool beans. Very Happy
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the R1 Visual Guide was my go-to resource for editing the R1 fanbook. There's no way I could have gotten anything done without that book.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, you've delivered a spectacular looking supplement. The design is just spot on. I've only taken a quick flip through (especially the equipment because at heart I'm still a gear junkie). And I was delighted to see some of the sources that I worked on referenced.

I know it might seem like a small thing, but I've seen other places where someone has taken a stat, changed a +1 here or there, and then put it up as theirs, and it doesn't feel all that good. But you've really stepped it up here really been above board with where you're pulling from.

I appreciate all the hard work you and the team put into making this book. Fan projects aren't easy, ESPECIALLY if you are just cranking them out. And I know that they're easy to just side-burner forever if you're having a frustrating time with something technical. So, good on you for keeping at it.

Thanks again!

BTW, what was the techical trouble, and how did you fix it?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
BTW, what was the techical trouble, and how did you fix it?

The problem is an odd one. When someone sent me a link through gamil I would click on the file, it would open in the Google viewer and ask me if I wanted to download it. I would say yes, and work from that file.

When I used a direct link instead, whatever issues Lulu had with converting the files for print went away. So the issue had to do with downloading the file through the Google viewer.

An odd and I am sure, undocumented quirk.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: