The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventure Hook: "What the Bounty Hunter Said"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Adventure Hook: "What the Bounty Hunter Said"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Adventure Hook: "What the Bounty Hunter Said" Reply with quote

Though I am firmly in the "Han shot first" and "Lapti Nek" camp, there's definitely still some fun to be had with other elements of the Special Editions....

ADVENTURE SEED: "What the Bounty Hunter Said."

In the chaos that followed Jabba the Hutt's death above the Pit of Carkoon, the denizens of his palace who were left alive had to scrape, scrounge and kill to survive. Many felt directionless — and desperate — without the criminal kingpin running the show. Fleeing the palace immediately after learning of Jabba's demise, members of the much maligned "new and expanded" lineup of the Max Rebo Band went on to find other success. Rystáll Sant, Lyn Me, and Greeata Jendowanian formed the pop group, SPECIAL EDITION, and scored several automaton-tuned dance hits, including the singles, "CGI Love" and "My HoloFilm, My Prerogative."

But their newfound peace was short-lived. Many assumed Boba Fett had merely whispered sweet nothings to the backup dancers that fateful day. Some thought Fett was just flexing the muscles of his reputation, so as to score a bounty of a different kind. But others knew better.

Scheming scoundrels from across the Outer Rim are after the trio — now it's up to your Player Characters to save SPECIAL EDITION, and to solve the mystery of what the Bounty Hunter said.

Mission Type: Rescue/Protection and Investigation
Terrain: The Club(s of the galaxy)
Complication: Love triangle
Opposition: Bounty Hunters
Special Hazard: Race against time during rousing/climactic dance number

Sources: Adventure Seed by Telsij. Image by UCArts: https://www.deviantart.com/ucarts/art/RYSTALL-GREEATA-LYN-ME-565222377
in homage to: https://i.axs.com/2014/10/promoted-media-optimized_544d6c6755e2b.jpg

Last edited by Telsij on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Great book. Didn't like the new song all that much, but one is like the new. Back up dancers.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
Love it. Great book. Didn't like the new song all that much, but one is like the new. Back up dancers.

Had fond memories of that Tales from Jabba's Palace book as well -- that and the new song "Jedi Rocks" was no good, it's true, haha.
Apart from already released From a Certain Point of View, I hope that they continue to do short story anthologies in New Canon.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:

Had fond memories of that Tales from Jabba's Palace book as well...

Bib Fortuna's Tale was my favorite.

Good adventure hook!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: