The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Resistance (announcement)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars Resistance (announcement)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Resistance (announcement) Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_Ws7sA468

Here is the trailer for Star Wars Resistance which premieres on Disney XD on October 7th.

This series is a prequel to TFA, but starting out only 6 months before TFA. It will include appearances by the live-action actors for Poe and Phasma, but it is centered on new characters and BB-8.

The eye size on the characters still seem a bit out of proportion, but it seems that they are a little bit smaller than TCB and Rebels and this a little more realistic, which I do appreciate. The animation seems good and highly detailed. I'm completely ok with more realistic 2D animation and think the 3D animation of TCB and Rebels is overrated. Please no giant eyes, knobby noses, and wooden beards for humans!

Unfortunately my family won't be able to watch it since we don't have cable anymore (and you can only watch Disney XD online with credentials from a cable or other TV service of some kind). I would appreciate anyone who has cable and watches this to chime in here with your responses to it, good or bad.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks cool. I kinda dig the art style, reminds me of a video game... I think.

It'll be interesting to see a young Poe.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this looks interesting. One thing I'm wondering about: if the start of this series is set just 6 months before TFA and (usually) one season of a TV show corresponds to one year of time in-universe, does that mean that, if this show lasts several seasons, the events of this show will eventually be concurrent with the events of both TFA and TLJ?

That should be interesting to see.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Yeah, this looks interesting. One thing I'm wondering about: if the start of this series is set just 6 months before TFA and (usually) one season of a TV show corresponds to one year of time in-universe, does that mean that, if this show lasts several seasons, the events of this show will eventually be concurrent with the events of both TFA and TLJ?

That should be interesting to see.

I didn't realize this was only 6 months before TFA. I would have guessed a teen aged Poe from the look and feel of the show.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
I didn't realize this was only 6 months before TFA. I would have guessed a teen aged Poe from the look and feel of the show.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Resistance

I got the six month figure from Wookieepedia. Maybe that's incorrect. I don't know If the series will catch up to or go past TFA/TLJ, but if it does that will probably not occur until after Episode IX is released to preserve as much surprise for where the film story is headed after TLJ.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Resistance

I got the six month figure from Wookieepedia. Maybe that's incorrect. I don't know If the series will catch up to or go past TFA/TLJ, but if it does that will probably not occur until after Episode IX is released to preserve as much surprise for where the film story is headed after TLJ.

I also got the six month figure from TVTropes so it's more than likely accurate, since we have two corroborating sources.

And yeah, Whill is likely correct that Resistance will have to adjust its pacing to prevent spoilers for Episode IX, assuming its story progresses that far. And there's the possibility that it might not have to, depending on how big the Time Skip between TLJ and Episode IX is. Resistance might eventually mention of the events of TFA and TLJ during its run, especially since its pilot episode is set only 6 months prior to those events. However, if the Time Skip between TLJ and Episode IX is long enough, Resistance might not need to make any mention of Episode IX at all since the entire run of Resistance could very well end before Episode IX even begins.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but even if there is a huge time jump, something in the film intended by JJ to be first learned in the opening crawl about the directions things went since the last film could be spoiled in a TV show filling the gap. There is only a year and four months left before Episode IX is released. Resistance could only have enough episodes in that time to fill up 6 months of in-universe time (It doesn't have to take place in real-time). Then again, it could be real-time and Lucasfilm is controlling the narrative with respect to Episode IX the whole time, making sure it is safe. However this 6 months before TFA has another issue raised by Nate Butler of SW Timeline Gold: https://www.facebook.com/swtimelinegold/posts/2334480333245714

Quote:
Resistance is apparently to be set about 6 months before TFA, and it is featuring Poe Dameron, at least somewhat. Given the Poe comics, Join the Resistance, Before the Awakening, etc., I'm definitely glad I'm out of the timelining game now. I'll hopefully be able to enjoy it without constantly pulling my hair out.

In this day and age of 'everything's canon', the 6 months leading up to TFA is already 'continuity dense' with YA books, comics, etc.

EDIT: Resistance is here now.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: