The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

General Gming dilemmas..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> General Gming dilemmas.. Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, how rare is the info? I don't know what this way of using the force you talk about is, I assume it would fall under Jedi Lore

The Falinessi, are from the Black fleet crisis novels, and they are the users of the 'white current', what they call the force. Even luke, who is arguabily the most potent jedi in that time frame, had a hard time getting what little information he did on them... and that was not much.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the three books I checked - Luke didn't have any Jedi lore.......which didn't seem right. (Jedi Academy, Dark Empire, and Truce at Baruka.) He did have Scholar: 5D, but I would expact by the time he was teaching new students he would be a little further along if that was supposed to represent his Jedi lore. (Palp has Dark Side Lore: 15D+1 and Jedi Lore at 14D in Dark Empire.)

I would say if Luke couldn't do it, unless you as the GM place the info in your game, or the player beats a roll that he shouldn't be able to make, (Perhaps Heroic + X) then he can't get the info.

Talk to him though outside the game. Find out why he wants to learn about this. Discuss possible plot points. Ask him what him learning this info is going to do to enrich the campaign. Maybe there would be a lot of good character development ground to walk down that path.
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has not yet happened, but was more of a 'wat if'.. But thanks for the assist anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: