The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Comms, medicine, and money?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Comms, medicine, and money?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ender5000
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Comms, medicine, and money? Reply with quote

Got a couple questions.

With communications, do they have cellphone type comms or is it just two-way radios? Up to me (I'm the gamemaster)

The book says that if you have a certain medicine skill it helps with First Aid. I have a character with 5D in First Aid and 5D in medicine. Should he get some sort of bonus over someone who just has 5D in First Aid and nothing in medicine. I was thinking of letting her use MedKits more often or perhaps have them more potent if she passed a higher difficulty. Or I could just give her +1D in First Aid for every 2 or 3D in Medicine. Your thoughts?

Lastly, money. How do credits work? Are their coins, notes, 'credsticks'. My players said it was a stick or something with your name in it and you just transferred it to other people's sticks. That would require some sort of intergalactic bank and communications system, which I don't think exists for normal civilians. Any help?
Goethe
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
your second question is easy, the rulebook says that you get your medicine-skill on top of your first aid. But medicine starts with 0D and cost 2x the normel caracterpoints to improve.
ender5000
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Thanks for the help (EOM) Reply with quote

Thanks
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group deals with credits in a varied way. There are coins and physical stuff like that, credits chips. But we also have bank accounts with cards that can make a quick transfer on the spot. When dealing with the underworld, you're sure going to have to be in possesion of big credit chips, as they won't want an official transaction.

Add medicine to first aid, when performing simple medical stuff.

As for comm, I believe commlinks work like a 2-way radio. But there are other forms of communication, like holocomms and "e-mail".
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commlinks are kinda like the radios truckers use except they are handheld and have lots more channels. You can find channels that don't apear to be occupied, but won't know that you are having a private conversation unless you have purchased a military grade commlink (which has it's own concerns) or special ordered commlinks that have "special frequencies". Either is more expensive, but provides a level of security not offered in a regular comlink.

The earlier description of credits and credsticks was right on; both exist.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a ships Comm link? is it two way, or can you 'call' a certain person?
I saw that boba fett had an antennea that could unencrypt short wave radio messages.
So i take it you can also get ahold of a self encrypting comm link?
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ship comlinks work similar. You transmit a message on a frequency. Certain organizations monitor certain frequencies. Most ships are designed to monitor the standard frequencies and a couple special ones.

As for transmitting encripted, the ship would run the transmition through an encoding program. The frequency is probably secure, which means it is a frequency that "standard citizens" don't have access to receive. (As in the case of Obi-Wan. Jedi have access to at least one special frequency seen. Used again when the temple broadcast in Ep. 3.)
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that Boba Fett's antenna was what gave him 360 degree vision.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about the vision thing, but i saw it somewhere that it unencrypted shortwave comm transmissions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: